Transaction with the marketplace failed due to the following reason "Wire chewed by rabbit"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

That reminds me of the olden days when everything was down while the gorillas "bang on things".

I remember that.  Also remember the Linden person who told me about SL coming by and asking "Do you have a large mallet or something, we're going to be working on the servers..." 🤣

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, ChinRey said:

image.png.1f35b41db934f30c15ac69219120c14a.png

That was the login greeting every Wednesday morning at 7AM Pacific time when they shut the entire grid down to update all the servers. These forums went on-fire for that time period which usually lasted between four and six hours.

Ah, fond memories; those were the days! Now we have rolling-restarts. Bo-ring!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

That was the login greeting every Wednesday morning at 7AM Pacific time when they shut the entire grid down to update all the servers.

Out of curiosity, does anybody remember what they used before 2008?

34 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Out of curiosity, does anybody remember what they used before 2008?

I was here since late 2005, do you mean the login image or the downtime image? LOL I'm not that old in RL, but in SL I'm a senior-senior citizen and things get really foggy when thinking that far back!

16 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I was here since late 2005, do you mean the login image or the downtime image? LOL I'm not that old in RL, but in SL I'm a senior-senior citizen and things get really foggy when thinking that far back!

I admit to the same hazy memory.  I'm often astonished when people say "Do you remember x y and z when they a b and c'd?" and I don't remember, even when I was there. :/ 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I admit to the same hazy memory.  I'm often astonished when people say "Do you remember x y and z when they a b and c'd?" and I don't remember, even when I was there. :/ 

I can usually remember once it's mentioned. It's the time-line that is really fizzy to me. For example, I remember (way before mesh or sculpts or multi-sitter scripts) when sitting on a pose ball and adding or removing part of your outfit (BOM clothing system layer for all you NEWBIES! LOL) - and it would pop you off the pose ball! But I couldn't tell you anything more than the year (late 2006 if I remember right) and I could even have that wrong.

It was amazingly annoying during ~cough~ foreplay ~cough, cough~ LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

That was the login greeting every Wednesday morning at 7AM Pacific time when they shut the entire grid down to update all the servers. These forums went on-fire for that time period which usually lasted between four and six hours.

Ah, fond memories; those were the days! Now we have rolling-restarts. Bo-ring!

The annoying thing was that Blizzard did their maintenance shut-down on World of Warcraft on the same day, at the same time.

😡

6 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

The downtime image has system vegetation so it can't have been taken before that was launched in February 2008.

I do remember system vegetation from when I began in 2005.  It went everywhere and was a nuisance.  The one in the picture looks like Grass - tall 2 made by Eric Linden in 2004.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 2

On 2/7/2020 at 4:17 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

Gorillas to rabbits - looks like they downsized.

Makes sense, servers aren't as large as they once were.

On 2/8/2020 at 5:37 AM, Alyona Su said:

Though that sometimes turned into 12/24/36/48 hours

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Though that sometimes turned into 12/24/36/48 hours

Yes, and at those times, people went ballistic! LOL Then the unannounced things, like, well, remember "Gray Goo" shutting down the grid? Hahaha! I was in world, in some TV shop looking around. The Lindens turned of all scripts across the grid, trying to get a handle on it (about an hour before the entire practically crashed, or they shut it down to prevent it.

This was before I knew I could cam elsewhere then sit on something to get out (scripted sliding doors) - So I spent a half hour reading all the info on every product they had because I was trapped! I couldn't;t get out! If I could just get outride I could, at lease, explore the grid! OMG! I got bored after a half hour and logged out. Hahaha!

And I never did buy anything from that store!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.