The Linden Homes Photo Thread Comes ALIVE at the Home & Garden Expo for RFL!

Nikki Mathieson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

OK. Scrolling back and trying to figure out what the stylecard is???????? 

Reread notecard. Nothing much about that. Did I miss something I am supposed to do? ^^

Sorry, Chic..  yes, it isn't on the notecard because I just thought about this today and I do think it would be a great thing to do. For you, it would be making a notecard about the Bellisseria model you decorated.  It would be who the decorator (you) is and whose items are on display, etc.  Some items used may not even be available anymore and that's okay.  It's like what a blogger does when he credits the builder(s).  I do feel like it would be cool to do the same thing.  The notecards can be sent to me.  I will IM every person decorating and let them know about a style card option.  If someone doesn't want to do a style card, that's okay, too.  I'm not going to stomp my foot and insist.  

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Maybe I can help with the style cards.

Long ago and far away, my partner bought me this tool

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Full-SIM-Object-Scanner-Pro-BOXED/2428734

It has paid for itself over and over again, as we've moved from here to there.

If you like and if I can have build perms, I can run this for anyone who wants; you'd have to edit the spreadsheet down but it might be a shortcut to a style card.  (for a single parcel, takes less than 2 minutes.  For a whole region, less than 10 minutes).

It can be used to just scan a single parcel and produce a spreadsheet of every object in the parcel (or region),  its owner, its location, the LI and creator (no, not store).  I assume each home is on its own parcel?  Or, if you like, I can just do one scan of the entire region and everyone can sort the list by owner or whatever to get the info they want.  Of course, if you've linked a whole lot together, you'll only get one line for the entire linkset.

Another thing this tool lists is the item script count, which reminds me: it might help those who come to the expo if you removed unneeded (e.g. texture change, curtain closer, etc.) scripts after your build is done.

Thank you, Nika.  I think this would be great for those who don't link but I know many link every prim they possibly can to stretch the land impact. When I message about style cards, I'll mention that this is an option, too and that they can contact you for that option.  Again, a style card can be an extra thing we do but not a firm requirement

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Gods, now I wish I didn't mix so many things. 😣 

Lots of my things isn't properly named anymore, after editing, linking off, linking together. But I see the sense in it. I will not have questions about where I got this and that. 

If you use edit links and find the root prim of the different items in your linked set of objects, you should be able to find the name of the object and the creator, unless you actually renamed the object before linking the set. Even if you changed the name you can do a simple two word description and then give the name of the creator. People can find the object in the creators store without the true name by visually scanning the store's inventory. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nikki Mathieson said:

I have one camper left for decorating!!  If anyone wants to decorate the Newport, please IM me inworld and I'll get you in there.  We're so close!!!

I know of someone who might be interested. I have IM'd you his details in world. 😊

Edited by RaeLeeH
Clearly, I can't spell...

Have spent all of today working on my Verne. Made huge progress on it but I'm down to 103 prims LOL. Still need to finish a bedroom, figure out the rest of the landscaping and clutter up.

May have to pull up some landscaping because I really stuffed up the front  :P as usual. And recheck prims on some furniture. As usual. One of the beds is 14 prims which I don't normally do but I love the darn thing and really want to use it so I may have to compromise somewhere else. 

I am, however, really happy with the kitchen. Going to replicate it in my house once this is done for sure. 

• Like 5

I think I will use a skybox over the Houseboat, to show that the homes can have that. I am keeping the style there less "packed" and rezzed a larger boat next to it, that may appeal to those that want open rooms. Less small decor, not so many carpets and stuff.

Might be a good way to spread the word about skyboxes allowed but must be at the correct height? If there are potential new residents looking around.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Might be a good way to spread the word about skyboxes allowed but must be at the correct height? If there are potential new residents looking around.

Usually I hide the teleporter in a rug or something... because I think they are ugly. I leave them very round and "teleporter-looking" here. People walking in can't miss it. I placed bedroom and bath in the skybox... to hint that there is a possibility for more privacy if they feel  a bit too close and exposed on the ground. I made sure the bed is set to owner only... and took out all the animations in the RLV tub. Just in case someone feel too comfortable there. ;)

I haven't seen all the homes, but it looks like all the Li is used on ground. 

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Anidusa Carolina said:

Aaarghhh! How come I missed this thread? 😭

I should sign in and read the forum more frequently, I guess. Would have loved, loved, loved to decorate  a........well, whatever....... at the expo!
Okay then......next time. :D

Maybe someone pull out. It is still several days to go... but a few haven't started.

3 hours ago, Anidusa Carolina said:

I should sign in and read the forum more frequently, I guess. Would have loved, loved, loved to decorate  a........well, whatever....... at the expo!

You can probably get on a stand by list. There was at least one camper that was still empty last night and only three days left. Write to Nikki inworld (notecard would be best I suspect).   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anidusa Carolina said:

Hi Anidusa!  I put your name down in my notes if I end up with any no shows.  I'm following up on one today, for sure.

I must stop swapping stuff and finish the notecards. 😰

I am sure that I want to change something, 5 minutes after I send them to Nikki....

Still not run out of Li! 😉

I added a couple of things after sending the notecard. I'm not going to update it for just two little clutter items. :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

@Marianne Little I've been to your house today and finally saw it "in person". Geez, can I move in please? 😍 *makes grabby hands* I love it so much! 

Haha. Did you see the one room upstairs that's not "in theme"? The textures go a bit crazy for me. I wonder if I have to stop the animations?

• Like 1

I still have just shy of 20 prims left from memory (give or take) but can't get in world yet to use them as SL is undergoing maintenance as we speak. Ordinarily I like to keep some spare for attachments etc but since the aim of the game is to show what can be done with the prim allowance I'm determined to go crazy and use every single prim. That's why I've started using a few items that are higher LI than I'm used to. At least I have the style card done, I just need to use up the last few prims and then can send that through. :) 

@Nikki Mathieson; speaking of the style card, after we list everything used is there anything else we need to add?

Despite my initial reservations regarding time I must admit I've enjoyed this more than I expected. It's like a cloistered version of Belli anyway but with the familiar faces from the forums (for the most part). It's great to see you all in your elements! As silly as it sounds I got a little star-struck in a way. Seeing pictures of what you all do is not the same as seeing it in world, at least to me. And seeing all the plots come alive with so many different styles is fun too. It's showcasing personalities as much as it is personal style or anything else.

Personally I would definitely be interested in doing something like this again (if there were spaces available of course, I wouldn't want to stop anyone else from having a turn). 

❤️

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I must stop swapping stuff and finish the notecards. 😰

I am sure that I want to change something, 5 minutes after I send them to Nikki....

Still not run out of Li! 😉

nahhh have fun with it!  lol  We have until Friday.  and I agree a few clutter items not on the style card isn't a big deal.  :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I still have just shy of 20 prims left from memory (give or take) but can't get in world yet to use them as SL is undergoing maintenance as we speak. Ordinarily I like to keep some spare for attachments etc but since the aim of the game is to show what can be done with the prim allowance I'm determined to go crazy and use every single prim. That's why I've started using a few items that are higher LI than I'm used to. At least I have the style card done, I just need to use up the last few prims and then can send that through. :) 

@Nikki Mathieson; speaking of the style card, after we list everything used is there anything else we need to add?

Despite my initial reservations regarding time I must admit I've enjoyed this more than I expected. It's like a cloistered version of Belli anyway but with the familiar faces from the forums (for the most part). It's great to see you all in your elements! As silly as it sounds I got a little star-struck in a way. Seeing pictures of what you all do is not the same as seeing it in world, at least to me. And seeing all the plots come alive with so many different styles is fun too. It's showcasing personalities as much as it is personal style or anything else.

Personally I would definitely be interested in doing something like this again (if there were spaces available of course, I wouldn't want to stop anyone else from having a turn). 

❤️

For the style card, besides listing items used, be sure to add who YOU are.  If you're a builder/designer, please feel free to add that and any links you'd like to put in, also.

You really made me smile, Rae.  I feel the same way.  This has already been so fun and I, too have felt.. well, like what an honor to get to do this beside all of you.  I definitely want to do it again.  We'll be needing more room for the next one, @Patch Linden  lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.