my hair keep moving on my head

QutiePops

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you have one of the older "flexi" hair styles, those do move in response to SL wind and subtle movements of your avatar.

If the hair really does appear to have a life of its own, maybe you have one of the new "animesh" hair styles.  These are actually animated.  Some look more realistic than others, and some are...uh, creepy.  Good if you like the Medusa vibe.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, QutiePops said:

its also still moving when i attach it to the skull

There are some old and very BAD flexi hair out there where the creators have gone overboard with the "flexiness". I haven't seen that in a few years but it could still be happening on newer items depending on the maker. If the PIECES of the hair "jiggle" rather than the hair in total moving away from your head, then that is likely the issue. No way to fix really other than change the flexi settings (I think it is "wind") on each piece of hair. So likely something to toss. BE SURE AND TRY THE DEMOS of items before you buy :D.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, QutiePops said:

its not flexi hair its one of the newer hairs but im confused why its wiggling or jiggling ontop of my head

Even if it's a new hair, it could still have some flexi strands - there are still people that to have some movement in their hair.  It could also be animesh (but if that is the case there would probably be a NC or something noting that).

Is there a group for the store you purchased the hair from?  If so, I'd suggest asking in the group if the particular hair style you have is supposed to be moving the way you've described.

5 hours ago, QutiePops said:

its not flexi hair its one of the newer hairs but im confused why its wiggling or jiggling ontop of my head

It sounds like you have one of the new Animesh hairs, they are intended to move, in an attempt to imitate being blown by the wind, to look more realistic. In my opinion though, they look less realistic. They might have included a non-animated version in the pack, or have an option on the hud to turn off the animations. If not, you'll have to either keep the movement or wear different hair.

This said, I have seen one animesh style (@Alyona Su could tell you what it is because I saw it on her) which looks incredibly realistic, and reacts to actual avatar movement. That one is really good.

4 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:
10 hours ago, QutiePops said:

This said, I have seen one animesh style (@Alyona Su could tell you what it is because I saw it on her) which looks incredibly realistic, and reacts to actual avatar movement. That one is really good.

It is the "Verge" from... I forget the hair creator name (I'm not a regular customer of theirs, I suppose LOL) - ANYWAY - the hair style is called Verge and it a long, braided ponytail style. Vista animations makes an Animesh version of the ponytail part only. So you can buy just the hairstyle as a typical mesh hair or you can buy both: the mesh hair and the Vista version of the ponytail. (It also comes with an AO HUD proper for the same animations, so one must remember that you are purchasing an actual "mini" AO with it, which may or may not justify the price.)

Both can be purchased at Vista Animations in-world (250 for hair, 900 for Animesh ponytail).

The hair has a built-in AO that animates your full body. It *does* work with your existing AO (it overrides your existing AO while you wear the hair) - 6 stands, one walk, one sit, etc - very simple and actually very nice animations.

Two caveats to Animesh hair: 10 Too expensive to be getting many styles and 2) Animesh can crank your complexity up a few notches.

Edited by Alyona Su

In addition to animesh hair (which is still fairly new) there's also the older bento hair. While some creators used the term 'bento hair' to indicate that the hair was rigged for specific bento heads, most of them used it to denote longer mesh hair that was rigged to either the hind legs or tail bone of the avatar skeleton. Bento hair tends to sway from side to side as a result of that.

Edited by Skell Dagger

• 4 months later...

hello it me im on my alt had to change cause the issue still occurs in that avatar but when im on my alt it doesnt have that wiggling moving glitch with items on my avatar moving.. and no its not animesh i know what that is lmao its the wiggling problem not only the hair but the ears seems to move in my head and out by itself the hair twitches not like the animesh but like some glitch idk how yo explain it to you people but if some has any idea than thatll help me alot thankyou..

Edited by Aqeza
had to explain more further

32 minutes ago, Aqeza said:

hello it me im on my alt had to change cause the issue still occurs in that avatar but when im on my alt it doesnt have that wiggling moving glitch with items on my avatar moving.. and no its not animesh i know what that is lmao its the wiggling problem not only the hair but the ears seems to move in my head and out by itself the hair twitches not like the animesh but like some glitch idk how yo explain it to you people but if some has any idea than thatll help me alot thankyou..

I think at this stage we need to see an actual video (or a gyazo gif) of what is actually happenning, and also a screenshot of the "worn" list from your inventory, with folders open and showing which attachment point everything is attached to. Like this (you might have to stretch it across more than one image).

worntab.thumb.jpg.a7ab4381c43bcc8394a643fe682c5f90.jpg

Is it just one hair or several? Or lots of different items? Are the wiggling items attached only to one part of your body or is it everything? Does it happen when your AO is detached?

Do a Character Reset (Avatar Health > Reset Male/Female avatar), or use the Avatar button to choose one of the starter avatars. Does it still happen then?

6 hours ago, QutiePops said:

yes i did that and it still does the same thing i would show a video but its not letting me upload the video from bandicam 

If your hair starts having a life of its own, maybe it's time to wash it!? 😊

Sorry, I got nothing.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, QutiePops said:

yes i did that and it still does the same thing i would show a video but its not letting me upload the video from bandicam 

We still also need the other questions answered, and a screenshot of your Worn Items in inventory.

• Is it just one hair or several?
  • Or lots of different items?
  • Are the wiggling items attached only to one part of your body or is it everything?
  • Does it happen when your AO is detached?
  • Do a Character Reset (Avatar Health > Reset Male/Female avatar), or use the Avatar button to choose one of the starter avatars. Does it still happen then?

https://youtu.be/d9FgUQtV5j0

• Is it just one hair or several?
  • yes many hairs and mesh ears 
  • Or lots of different items?
  • what i seen so far is the hair and ears
  • Are the wiggling items attached only to one part of your body or is it everything?
  • its attached when i click add
  • Does it happen when your AO is detached?
  • yes
  • Do a Character Reset (Avatar Health > Reset Male/Female avatar), or use the Avatar button to choose one of the starter avatars. Does it still happen then?
  • yes 

OK - now the wiggling is happening only when your avatar talks, and when you talk your mouth is moving. This means that you're still wearing an AO that has mouth movement as a typing or talking animation, or you have an active gesture for talking/typing. It also suggests that the hair and other affected items are unrigged and attached to your jaw instead of your skull. I can't imagine how this could ever be possible unless you attached them there on purpose.

There are a few solutions for this.

1. Detach the hair. Find it in your inventory. Right-click it there. Select "Attach to". Select "Skull" from the dropdown list. If the item is unrigged you will need to readjust its position using the edit menu. Though if you have unrigged long hair you should really toss it out and wear one that's rigged.
  2. Turn off typing animations. How to do this depends on your viewer. In the official viewer its in Preferences > Chat > Play typing animation when chatting.
  3. Deactivate any talking gestures you have activated. 
  4. Deactivate any talking/typing animation in your AO.

If none of these solutions work, you will need to submit a support ticket to Linden Lab.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Wild guess but it looks like the hair is rigged to the mouth... And the creator didn't test it with typing animations enabled. 

The OP says that it is affecting lots of things though, not just that one hair. 

Unless what we're being told isn't the truth.

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.