Animesh Hair

Annie Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Have you seen the new animesh hair collab from Stealthic and Vista? It's pretty awesome. I'm thinking about getting it but I'm not sure I like all the walks in the AO which you have to have in order for the hair to move. Here's a video of it. Would you buy it?

Not sure on the price, but I do know it’s two separate purchases. The hair AND the AO must be purchased.

ETA for it to move. You can only buy the hair if desired.

ETA again to add pricing info. See Stealthic’s Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stealthic/49237767373/in/dateposted/

Edited by Eva Knoller
  • Thanks 1

Oooh! Another L$3000 gimmick. Want Nao! ~snorts~

Interesting concept. The main downfall is you have to use *their* specific AO. And it's only a single hairstyle. So for the next hairstyle, it will have to be an entirely different AO. And another for the next one after that. And after that.

It's great idea but implementation will relinquish it to FAD status, I suspect.

4 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

It's cute, and I might get it.  Probably will cave :P

That said, if I wanted my hair clipping through my body I'd have stuck with my flexi-mess, yanno? :)

This hair actually does not clip through your body, it swings back and forth when you walk and if you are standing still just kinda moves from side to side a little bit, nothing drastic and believe me when I tried the demo I put it through the paces and no clipping. I might go ahead and get it but geeze, it's like 900L for the animesh and 250L or 300L for the hair, so I want to be really sure that I'm going to wear it more then just once. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

I'm not sure why they wouldn't just have separate animations playing while you walk to make it move regardless of walking animation.

If it did that, I'd buy it. As it is, no.

The AO itself isn't too awfully bad, I'm just very picky about my stands and my walks which is why I usually make my own AO with the stands and walks that look good on me. Like you I wish you could use the AO you already have and if that happened, I would definitely buy it. 

Bought it. I really like the hair a lot. Stealthic is my favorite hair creator hands down so I had to get this. The a/o is decent but I wish there were options for walks that did NOT have to have that dumb "twirl" going on all the time. Is it just me or is there no way to change the timing on this thing the way you can other Vista a/o's?

I do, however, find that "Ta-Dah!" animation really amusing. 

Anyway, don't know if I'd jump into another one unless it was a more useful style for me something long and flowing - not a braid or ponytail although I will use this more than once.

My neighbour has lots of bento animated trees, flowers and grass. On short glance they look okey'ish. But the longer you look at them the more you start to see the same repeating animation loop playing over and over again. On and on it goes forever. It gets a bit tiresome and unnatural, because you start to learn what comes next in the animation loop.

The same might happen with animesh hair, because it is forced animation and has nothing to do with natural movement caused by physics. It might look cute and nice at first but for how long? I think that flexi hair still has the best natural like hair movement what SL can produce at the moment.

15 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

4adb23ebaa.png

🤔

Technically still NOT clipping through the body - what you see there is hair clipping through a mesh jacket ;)

I have spent hours running around naked, and I could not make my braid even touch my back for a tiny tickle  - with clothes on, completly different story :P

13 hours ago, Angelina String said:

Technically still NOT clipping through the body - what you see there is hair clipping through a mesh jacket ;)

I have spent hours running around naked, and I could not make my braid even touch my back for a tiny tickle  - with clothes on, completly different story :P

It might be that the hair animations are carefully done so that the hair does not move in such position that it would go through the body. Anyway, there is nothing in the hair and body which would prevent the clipping.

Here's an example - the animation in the seat overrides the hair animation, and this is the result; clipping happens. So, the hair works well only with the animations provided with the animesh hair braid and nude body - or very tight clothes. With loose clothes - no.

2020-01-23_animesh-hair.png.1ced9cf21093b5007521e7d0498b37e5.png

The animesh hair braid demo is limited to 10 minutes only! 😬  Unfortunately that is not enough time to extensively test it. 🙁
(-VA-VISTA A-DEMO VERGE ANIMESH HUD-V1 DEMO: Welcome Coby Foden ,you can try the demo for 10 minutes.)

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

It might be that the hair animations are carefully done so that the hair does not move in such position that it would go through the body. Anyway, there is nothing in the hair and body which would prevent the clipping.

Here's an example - the animation in the seat overrides the hair animation, and this is the result; clipping happens. So, the hair works well only with the animations provided with the animesh hair braid and nude body - or very tight clothes. With loose clothes - no.

Even when you create synchronised animations (as is the case), there's no guarantee that they will stay in sync. It only takes a fraction of a second in delay between the animations to risk them clipping into each other; animation changes are handled over a network which is subject to lag, and animation loading is dependant on the viewer (network/disk) which might not be fast enough.

57 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

you can try the demo for 10 minutes

Another zit on the face of content creation.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

1 hour ago, Eva Knoller said:

I still see plenty of avatars wearing flexi hair. It hasn’t gone anywhere. 

When done well, Flexi hair is still king. And mesh hair that uses flexi elements often looks superior and not so plastic. Fact: Mesh aint all that. Sometimes good old fashioned prims work better.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.