Lelutka Evolution?

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

BOM skins are 1024x1024 and HD is also limited to 1024x1024 because that's a hard limit of SL so what is this higher resolution unless they are splitting the head into multiple faces each with it's own UV...

Yes, that's how all 'HD' stuff in SL works; you partition the mesh into different faces to increase the amount of UV maps to accommodate higher detail on each part.

But when it comes to BOM, there's a limitation compared to appliers; system layers have a set amount of channels. A skin only has head, top, and bottom. That's why the 'HD' lips, eyeshadows and eyes are instead appliers - which, if you're standing in front of a solid prim with your hair all done up so there's nothing in front of your face, fine - but unfortunately that's not how things work in reality most of the time - I much prefer BOM makeup for everyday use.

There are those universal layers that are meant to remedy that, buuut ... So far I don't know if anyone uses them?

F.Y.I. I was lurking on the Lelutka group today and Lumi (Aeromia Resident) who is a mod on the group stated quite clearly that even though Evo X features are going to be added to existing Evo heads, the HD skins will not be.  They will remain an Evo X branch thing only.  They said eerily similar things about Origins heads moving to Evo and then nothing happened.  With that in mind I would take statements of intent about previous products being upgraded with a pinch of salt until they are actually delivered.

Edited by Gabriele Graves

7 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

The eye on the right on the bottom curve looks like it wasn't cut right and is uneven.  

It's actually the exact same as the other eye. Sometimes our eyes play tricks on us with things like this. Shadows certainly don't help lol. Many times for things like this creators will use something that mirrors one side of the face to the other(and thusly only having to actually build one side of the face).

Did an overlay to check them.

Edited by RitaCallisto
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

Like this?

image.gif.776a67b85c933f6659aebfef16cbfa68.gif

Well, no, and I would not say that for no reason.  Why would I?  I also see a white straight line.  It could be on the skin or it's the lighting also.  IOW, part of the under eye looks curved while part looks straight.  That's what I mean and I see it.  It could be eye depth also?

janet eye.png

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

That's why I mean and I see it.  It could be eye depth also?

There are a few things that affect the eyeball with the Lelutka heads, which may cause clipping with the eyeball and the eyelids when they move:

• Eye depth in your shape, if moved towards the extreme ends can cause such issues.
  • Eyelid puffiness in your shape can likewise accommodate eyeball movements by creating a deeper fit.
  • Eyeball size can be changed in the Lelutka HUD - if you have small eyes in your shape, downsizing the eyeballs to fit properly may be necessary.
  • Eyeball position can also be changed in the HUD, to accommodate whether your shape has them close or far from each other.
  • Animations can potentially make the eyeball and eyelid move in ways that they shouldn't - if your eyeball is rotated but your eyelids are static, there could be some clipping, all depending on the aforementioned factors. I'm not sure why, but it seems that eyeball animations seldom just rotate the eye around in its position, but rather shift the position of the entire eyeball - this has happened with some animations on almost all the heads I've had.
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Orwar said:

There are a few things that affect the eyeball with the Lelutka heads, which may cause clipping with the eyeball and the eyelids when they move:

• Eye depth in your shape, if moved towards the extreme ends can cause such issues.
  • Eyelid puffiness in your shape can likewise accommodate eyeball movements by creating a deeper fit.
  • Eyeball size can be changed in the Lelutka HUD - if you have small eyes in your shape, downsizing the eyeballs to fit properly may be necessary.
  • Eyeball position can also be changed in the HUD, to accommodate whether your shape has them close or far from each other.
  • Animations can potentially make the eyeball and eyelid move in ways that they shouldn't - if your eyeball is rotated but your eyelids are static, there could be some clipping, all depending on the aforementioned factors. I'm not sure why, but it seems that eyeball animations seldom just rotate the eye around in its position, but rather shift the position of the entire eyeball - this has happened with some animations on almost all the heads I've had.

I think it's the materials or the shine which is another one I was wondering about.  If you look at this picture of a Lelutka Evo head, there is a bit of white on the lower eyelid.  I think it's a materials shine that wasn't lined up right on Janet's picture.  

lelutka (2).jpg

2 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I think it's the materials or the shine which is another one I was wondering about.  If you look at this picture of a Lelutka Evo head, there is a bit of white on the lower eyelid.  I think it's a materials shine that wasn't lined up right on Janet's picture.  

Oh, that - yes, that's the tear line, you can toggle that off in the eye section of the HUD, at the bottom:

d6d8a944fa78727c922e5b5a5a3f360f.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

nitpicking.png

I... don't think so here...

Isn't the whole reason we're adding a 'fecal-ton' of lag to SL here to be able to get into super high detail with zoomed in up close and personal?

If HD is all about super fine close detail... then that is exactly the the nit to go pick when critiquing it... Because that is what they are selling folks. That 'nit' is the actual product here: obsession over little details you rarely see.

My 'nit' on this same thing is that these details are too minor a gain for the burden they add to the system... BUT if I was willing to pay that buren, you can be sure I'd be picking this other 'nit' and asking about little things like a tear-duct or the 73rd eyelash on the upper right lid... ;)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Who the hell spends all their time zoomed in on their own face?  Seriously?  

It's nit picky.

Yeah, I'm just going to make a sandwich and enjoy my Sunday. Because this right here?

Nah....not stealing my joy.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

If you don't, then why are we getting HD?

I don't BTW, which is why I don't want this HD stuff lagging up my SL.

I'm not.  I prefer BOM for various reasons.  The only applier I use is for lipstick because I like being able to adjust the intensity.  My point being, HD is unnecessary for most people unless they are that picky and spend a!l day zoomed in on their face.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

If you don't, then why are we getting HD?

I don't BTW, which is why I don't want this HD stuff lagging up my SL.

I don't think there is a rational reason why people want it.  In fact I would wager that most don't really but love the head shapes.  Other people just have to have the latest and these "features" are what they use to justify their buying to other people.  Some people let themselves be convinced from marketing that it must be better.  From Lelutka's point of view it is a new shiny to sell to people that differentiates from previous products and so it must be good, right?

I have always thought the main reason Lelutka's heads sell is because of their looks primarily and ease of use secondarily, not because they are crammed with every feature out there.

• Thanks 1

The main reason I switched to lelutka was that a.lot of creators stopped making skins for catwa at the time.  It was almost exclusively genus (yeah, that HUD) and lelutka (love that HUD).  There are just too many negatives with HD makeup to even consider it.  I'll just keep on loving my SL in low def.

• Like 2

This is why I have been stocking up on the good BoM make-ups I can find and seeking out new shops that want to stay in that space.  It is getting harder and harder to find non-HD make-ups for Lelutka though.  The same will happen to BoM head skins for the SLUV map if HD-skins take off.  Once a vendor transitions their make-ups and/or skins, they seem to lose interest very quickly in bringing out anything for the existing heads despite the fact they cannot possibly know how many people have moved off those products at that point.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.