Memes?

Eggy UwU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 9/20/2019 at 12:47 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

I-Am-Almost-Willing-To-Do-The-Math-Funny

a = g = 9.8 m/sec2

s = 1/2 at**2  ---> t**2 = 2s/a = 2x122.5m/9.8 m/sec2 = 25 sec**2.  ---> t= SQRT 25 = 5 sec.  (ANSWER to first question)

v = at+v0  = 9.8t = 9.8x5 = 49 m/sec at impact (ANSWER to third question)

horizontal travel is at constant velocity of 10 m/sec for 5 sec, or 50 m.  (ANSWER to second question)

ANSWERS to unasked questions:

NO, Justin Bieber will not be able to go out with you after his little cliff adventure.

YES, Justin Bieber has retired from the film industry, due to his untimely demise in a physics experiment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

a = g = 9.8 m/sec2

s = 1/2 at**2  ---> t**2 = 2s/a = 2x122.5m/9.8 m/sec2 = 25 sec**2.  ---> t= SQRT 25 = 5 sec.  (ANSWER to first question)

horizontal travel is at constant velocity of 10 m/sec for 5 sec, or 50 m.  (ANSWER to second question)

NO, Justin Bieber will not be able to go out with you after his little cliff adventure.

YES, Justin Bieber has retired from the film industry, due to his untimely demise in a physics experiment.

I dont know how you did this but I can appreciate your work and superior brain. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 7:55 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

a = g = 9.8 m/sec2

I tried doing this in my head to check your work and was just about to tell you that you were wrong...but then I remembered the pesky "1/2" in the equation.  I can't decide if I want to blame the 30 years since I got my physics degree, or all the alcohol consumed since then ;)

But, then I consoled myself that you forgot to factor in air resistance: 

Free fall with air resistance (distance and velocity)

Assuming a spherical 70 kg Bieber projectile, it will actually take 5.355 seconds for the Bieber ball to bounce, landing at 40.32 m/s.  He's still dead, and isn't that all that really matters?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2019 at 4:38 AM, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Yes, Memes are way larger than how the internet produces them. To see the truer work of memes in our world is to look at the political parties in the U.S.  Both use them. And sadly, a nation feeds on them -- either one brand or the other. 

CHeers to the meme!!  Cotton candy for the masses.   

Edited by Lancewae Barrowstone
typos
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 2:38 PM, Tolya Ugajin said:

I tried doing this in my head to check your work and was just about to tell you that you were wrong...but then I remembered the pesky "1/2" in the equation.  I can't decide if I want to blame the 30 years since I got my physics degree, or all the alcohol consumed since then ;)

But, then I consoled myself that you forgot to factor in air resistance: 

Free fall with air resistance (distance and velocity)

Assuming a spherical 70 kg Bieber projectile, it will actually take 5.355 seconds for the Bieber ball to bounce, landing at 40.32 m/s.  He's still dead, and isn't that all that really matters?

578ACE8E-2FC2-43A9-B3B3-6984BF77FA81.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.