What are you watching today?

I'm finally watching Umbrella Academy. I have come to terms with the idea that the show will never explain the origin of the robot "mom" or talking chimpanzee ("Pogo").

ETA: Ok, still in Season 1 and they did explain the origin (reason for) "Grace" / Robot "mom".

Edited by Love Zhaoying

Honestly, I'm not quite sure how I feel about them remaking this movie.. It seems like they could have just continued the story rather than try to replace Eric Draven..

It does look good though from the trailer, but I'm really a fan of the first movie..

Hollywood just can't seem to understand that some things you just don't mess with..

I don't think it will do that good with current fans of the franchise.. But it may do alright with newer fans..

The Crow

• Like 1

They just added it to Netflix here...so I'm having a huge happy!

*Post watching edit*  Now miffed that after spending three hours watching this...I have to wait goodness knows how many more years for the conclusion movie!!!

Edited by Jordyn McGregor
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Honestly, I'm not quite sure how I feel about them remaking this movie.. It seems like they could have just continued the story rather than try to replace Eric Draven..

Ah, but they couldn't; see, the film has nothing at all to do with 'story', it's just a cash-grab from remaking a cult classic with some big-name actors to get the tickets going.

It is an awful, soulless remake that completely fails to understand the story it tries to tell. Seems they even had their heads so far up their backsides they mixed up Brandon Lee and Heath Ledger and painted Skarsgård like a confused version of the Joker.

the-crow-remake-brandon-lee.jpg

heathjoker-blogroll-1531863270321_160w.j

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Seems they even had their heads so far up their backsides they mixed up Brandon Lee and Heath Ledger and painted Skarsgård like a confused version of the Joker.

They could have painted him like Pennywise..

6 hours ago, Orwar said:

Ah, but they couldn't; see, the film has nothing at all to do with 'story', it's just a cash-grab from remaking a cult classic with some big-name actors to get the tickets going.

Doesn't appear to be working...

• Like 2