What are you watching today?

For Towel Day.  I listened to the original night-time radio series of HHGG in bed with my first husband (still good friends).  Then there was the TV series, which was still interesting but with less room for the imagination.  Still, good on you, the late Douglas Adams and Peter Jones. 

• 2 weeks later...

Moving documentary about the disappearing but beautiful Assyrian music. The documentary Darên Bi Tenê is made by the collective The Rojava Film Commune. It is based in Rojava, western Kurdistan, in northern Syria.

I'm watching Three Body.  It's a Chinese show, produced by Tencent, based on the Chinese novel Three Body Problem (not to be confused with Netflix's Three Body Problem).  It's really good!  The pace is a bit slow, by Western standards, but it's kind of like a spaghetti western pace.  Beautiful direction, but slow, and full of interesting concepts.

I'm on Episode 7, and they just put on VR headsets.  At first I was like "I know that headset!" but I forgot the name, it was on the tip of my tongue.  A bit of searching turned up that it's a Pimax HMD.  These were top of the line a few years back, when head mounted VR was in vogue.  They're super bulky, but they are 4K, with fast response time.  Three Body also used a bunch of random other peripherals.  I think a lot of the gear is Vive.  I think the gloves are custom built props, maybe?  I don't think anybody really makes VR gloves any more, since we have hand tracking now, and haptic feedback on delicate finger joints is a liability nightmare.

azGBlll.png

Anyway... streams on peacock and prime, and I found it here, on YouTube, with english subtitles.

The American version, by the Game of Thrones creators, is on Netflix.  Judging by the trailers, the Netflix one looks dumb to me, but I haven't seen it yet, so I don't' really know.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm watching numerous idiots coming out of their Shelters during a tornado so they can get it on video..

They all have their phones going..

Lets go get them clicks!! \o/

Guess they never heard of debris.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

I'm binge watching the best of the best Marvel movies ever made. I just finished Vol 2 and on to Vol 3.

The Guardians of the Galaxy

The Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

The Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3

The rewatchability of these 3 movies for me is endless.

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2024 at 6:59 PM, Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia said:

I'm watching Three Body.  It's a Chinese show, produced by Tencent, based on the Chinese novel Three Body Problem (not to be confused with Netflix's Three Body Problem).  It's really good!  The pace is a bit slow, by Western standards, but it's kind of like a spaghetti western pace.  Beautiful direction, but slow, and full of interesting concepts.

I'm on Episode 7, and they just put on VR headsets.  At first I was like "I know that headset!" but I forgot the name, it was on the tip of my tongue.  A bit of searching turned up that it's a Pimax HMD.  These were top of the line a few years back, when head mounted VR was in vogue.  They're super bulky, but they are 4K, with fast response time.  Three Body also used a bunch of random other peripherals.  I think a lot of the gear is Vive.  I think the gloves are custom built props, maybe?  I don't think anybody really makes VR gloves any more, since we have hand tracking now, and haptic feedback on delicate finger joints is a liability nightmare.

azGBlll.png

Anyway... streams on peacock and prime, and I found it here, on YouTube, with english subtitles.

The American version, by the Game of Thrones creators, is on Netflix.  Judging by the trailers, the Netflix one looks dumb to me, but I haven't seen it yet, so I don't' really know.

The American version is quite enjoyable too.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The third one is so sad, with Rocket's backstory!

Ya and the other things..

I would love more and more of those movie with the same cast and attitude of those movies..

They had the perfect mix of cast members and writers and everything.

it just felt like Marvel was trying to recreate that same thing with the other movies like Avengers and things and it didn't work out so well..

The Guardians of the Galaxy  and their great use of the soundtrack and everything, they are just hard to top I think.. Each movie was just so good.

I get chills that come over my body a lot with how well they used the sound tracks in these movies and the right ones in each place..

Like in Vol 2 when Fleetwood mac's The Chain starts up.. Even after watching these movies so many times, I get the chills every single time.

If I listen to the sound tracks at work, I picture these movies and what's happening when those songs start up.. I end up wanting to watch them again.. They just really found the perfect way to tie me into them.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I get chills that come over my body a lot with how well they used the sound tracks in these movies and the right ones in each place..

Yep! Best music that some of us don't remember hearing before, but love on the first hear and every hearing!

Example to watch:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yep! Best music that some of us don't remember hearing before, but love on the first hear and every hearing!

Example to watch:

Ya, that one had me from the very start and all the way to the very end of the series with all the others.

but that song really set the tone for me and then the one after as well getting the orb. It is just sooo Chris Pratt.. hehehe

I'm just so glad he brought so much of himself into these. It made a difference I think.

I would love to drop clips in here so bad from these movies, but I don't want to wreck a thing for anyone that might not have seen them yet.. That's how good the experience was with these..

I can't say enough about them really.. I'll just keep gabbing if I don't stop now.. lol

• Thanks 1