Randoms

fandom34

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have nobody but come alive with the wind. What am I?

I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have nobody but come alive with the wind. What am I?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I do believe there is an echo in here. xD

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Dang i need new glasses.

52 minutes ago, Ansiri said:

Has anyone ever started a thread where people would try to make snapshots similar to chosen paintings/or any type of art? Could be fun.

I don't recall a thread like that, but there was once a region containing scenes from famous paintings, into which you could wander for a snapshot. Here's a bunch of my friends populating Edward Hopper's "Nighthawks"...

Nighthawks.thumb.jpg.f266d2ce520cf096b80e7f9d008dfa7f.jpg

Long ago, we did do some photo threads in which we all pasted ourselves into some random image that was set up for that purpose. Here's one where a bunch of us gathered in church...

Church50.png.254524959e61181a8a22e2dc29b6888b.png

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I don't recall a thread like that, but there was once a region containing scenes from famous paintings, into which you could wander for a snapshot. Here's a bunch of my friends populating Edward Hopper's "Nighthawks"...

Long ago, we did do some photo threads in which we all pasted ourselves into some random image that was set up for that purpose. Here's one where a bunch of us gathered in church...

Church50.png.254524959e61181a8a22e2dc29b6888b.png

Photo thread like that would be worth reviving (or necroing, eek, bad necro-word!), or you could start a new one? :)

It's kind of nice idea also to be able to go inside of a painting.

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Reminds me of the all night diner in one of the leads in on TCM. Tried to find an image of it but no luck. Although Hopper's painting did turn up a few times so maybe the painting is based on the diner in the lead in. All three closely resemble one another.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

55 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Reminds me of the all night diner in one of the leads in on TCM. Tried to find an image of it but no luck. Although Hopper's painting did turn up a few times so maybe the painting is based on the diner in the lead in. All three closely resemble one another.

If I follow what you are saying correctly, I think it's the other way around. Hopper's painting "Nighthawks" was created in1942. 

14 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

If I follow what you are saying correctly, I think it's the other way around. Hopper's painting "Nighthawks" was created in1942. 

The lead in I'm talking about is of a real diner with a real couple sitting inside drinking coffee at the counter, not sitting at a table. The camera moves in from outside on the street. It's part of a bunch of clips they always show before a movie starts. This isn't CGI or anything like that.

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

The lead in I'm talking about is of a real diner with a real couple sitting inside drinking coffee at the counter, not sitting at a table. The camera moves in from outside on the street. It's part of a bunch of clips they always show before a movie starts. This isn't CGI or anything like that.

I'm guessing that's a set built to look like Hopper's painting. I've never heard of there being an actual diner that he based his painting on, though it's possible of course. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.