Randoms

fandom34

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

"The journey is the reward" is a McMasters family mantra, along with "people are weird", uttered with the understanding that McMasters are people too, which leads to "we have met the enemy and he is us*".

*Pogo

Sometimes I wonder if we aren't related somehow.

Sometimes.

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Here's a script to solve Molly's riddle...

yes.  When we make a statement, which I did "It is not 2/3" then what is the proof that this is true ? I didn't provide any proof. I just said it. As you and Fiona have shown my statement is not true

4 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

The fun is in the chase.  It's like solving a good crossword puzzle or a murder mystery.  Solving the problem is the exciting part.  Once it is solved, the fun is gone.  I toss the paper as soon as I finish the day's puzzle, and I don't look back at last week's big scripting challenge once it's in the bag.  It's the same way with vacations.  I don't much care for being somewhere, but getting somewhere is great fun.  

So, in essence, Maddy created and solved a puzzle in order to solve another, different puzzle?

I get that, actually, mostly. Although it does sound a bit like a make-work project.

Years and years ago, when I was learning javascript (in which I had a teeny weeny bit of facility, now I'm sure long lost), I had, as part of the learning process, to create a simple quiz using variables and arrays (see! I have all The Words!). And it gave me fits . . . until, finally, I made it work.

Of course, the quiz was pointless: I'd put in the questions and answers myself, so it was hardly worth "using." But there was a sort of special frisson that I experienced when it worked, for the first time. And in that brief millisecond, the painful process of producing it almost seemed, in retrospect, fun!

48 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, in essence, Maddy created and solved a puzzle in order to solve another, different puzzle?

pretty much yes

another part of the puzzle is:  Did I not know the answer, or did I tell a lie ?

I think Maddy did think about this a little bit but quickly discarded it.  And gave the reason why I would not know the answer

if we buy into "did I tell a lie ?" then we have to consider if we are now seeing an attempt at misdirection

the thing with this is that there is no 'another part of the puzzle'. As this is a whole other puzzle and has nothing to do with the original puzzle

12 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

pretty much yes

another part of the puzzle is:  Did I not know the answer, or did I tell a lie ?

I think Maddy did think about this a little bit but quickly discarded it.  And gave the reason why I would not know the answer

if we buy into "did I tell a lie ?" then we have to consider if we are now seeing an attempt at misdirection

the thing with this is that there is no 'another part of the puzzle'. As this is a whole other puzzle and has nothing to do with the original puzzle

You knew the answer but you didn't tell a lie because what you said is true, just not the answer.

• Like 1

[Moderator Edit: Names Removed] LIED FOR SO THAT [Moderator Edit: Names Removed] GET FAME ON VIRTUAL WORLD. IN REAL LIFE [Moderator Edit: Names Removed] HAS BEEN FIGHTING  [Moderator Edit: Names Removed] ON SECOND LIFE SINCE DAY ONE BUT THE MAIN POINT HERE IS THAT [Moderator Edit: Names Removed] WAS BEST OF FRIENDS. SO [Moderator Edit: Names Removed] TOLD SECOND LIFE VIRTUAL WORLD THAT [Moderator Edit: Names Removed] WAS THE CAMERA GUY RECORDING [Moderator Edit: Names Removed] BEATING UP [Moderator Edit: Names Removed] SO THAT [Moderator Edit: Names Removed] GET FAME & SO HE DID WORD GOT AROUND FROM [Moderator Edit: Names Removed]  FIGHTING ON [Moderator Edit: Names Removed]  BROUGHT UP THE FIGHT VIDEO LIKE YEA ***** [Moderator Edit: Names Removed] SLAUGHTERED U.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JIMOTHY23 said:

[REDACTED STUFF]

Um, you aren't permitted to name people here.

Also, this isn't Virtual Secrets, which is where this sort of drama more appropriately belongs?

Can I suggest that you, at the very least, remove the names from this post before the mods here remove all of it -- and quite possibly you, as well?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mollymews said:

And... which one of us is attempting the misdirection?

• Haha 1

I'm going to reword Molly's riddle, twice, to show what I find so interesting about it:

1)
I'm holding a bag of two cards. One is blue on both sides. One is blue on one side, red on the other.
I pull one card from the bag and place it on the table. It's showing a blue face. What's the probability that the card's hidden face is is blue?

B)
I'm holding a bag of 1000 cards. One is blue on both sides. One is blue on one side, red on the other. The rest are red on both sides.
I pull one card from the bag and place it on the table. It's showing a blue face. What's the probability that the card's hidden face is is blue?

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2

Don't try to grow a brain John. You are not the only
32.	fat cat around so don't think that killing will be difficult. Don't
33.	underestimate us John. Use that good southern common sense of yours. 
34.	It is up to you now John!
35.						Victory!
36.						S.B.T.C"
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'm going to reword Molly's riddle, twice, to show what I find so interesting about it:

1)
I'm holding a bag of two cards. One is blue on both sides. One is blue on one side, red on the other.

B)
I'm holding a bag of 1000 cards. One is blue on both sides. One is blue on one side, red on the other. The rest are red on both sides.

WHYYYYYYY are you doing this? It's not even NOON yet!!!

It HURTS!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

WHYYYYYYY are you doing this? It's not even NOON yet!!!

It HURTS!

No it doesn't. She tries to point out the cards which are red on both sides don't matter anymore once blue got revealed.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.