Average number of alts for the average SL resident

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

365 alts, one for each day. I considered starting fresh ones each year, but that got confusing.

I think that's kinda creepy. to have that many alts.  I mean  imagine how many  emails you'd have to try keep track of? that's insane 😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

365 alts, one for each day. I considered starting fresh ones each year, but that got confusing.

And not 24 times extra for an 'Alt de l'heur" ? Shame.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, onetimethurman said:

I find this impossible to believe 

Not one thing I say requires you to believe me.

I have no reason to lie about it either.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nastasha Szaberwick said:

I definitely couldn't manage and maintain more. The joys of executive functioning deficits...

Must be a personal thing then. Your system specs allow running many instances ... 😶

Just now, onetimethurman said:

Doubt it.. many users try to hide their alts.

I have no reason to lie I have trouble keeping up with this one much less one or more alts, I'm perfectly happy with who and what annie is. This conversation has ended because i smell a troll.....good bye and have a nice life

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, onetimethurman said:

I think that's kinda creepy. to have that many alts.  I mean  imagine how many  emails you'd have to try keep track of? that's insane 😁

I am not creepy!

I just need that many to properly stalk people. A few for elaborate scam schemes. Oh, and a lot of course to circumvent all the bans I get on sims.

38 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

And not 24 times extra for an 'Alt d'heur" ? Shame.

Noo that would be silly, so many alts 😛

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, TDD123 said:

Must be a personal thing then. Your system specs allow running many instances ... 😶

Indeed. I have Asperger's (or Autism Spectrum Disorder Level 1 under the DSM-V, and upcoming ICD-11)--just as Torley Linden. 

Those executive functioning deficits covers difficulties with prioritising, organising, time and task management. So things can spiral out of control easily. It's also easy to look at certain tasks (that may be small to most people) and be overwhelmed, paralyzed with anxiety--resulting in either avoiding the situation altogether, or shutting down. Something like cleaning a room needs to be broken down into clear and concise smaller tasks, with a clear plan--it's not possible to just jump straight into it. I mean it took around 6 months for me to organise 10+ years of inventory on my main. 

But yes. I usually have other RAM/CPU hungry things running. Sometimes a game that doesn't require a whole lot of attention such as Kerbal Space Program, while running a single instance of Firestorm. Sometimes I may use my alt on Black Dragon, to take a photo while my main poses on Firestorm, and nothing more. 

Edited by Nastasha Szaberwick
  • Like 6

I have six active accounts and I suppose that technically they are all alts since my original SL account is long lost. I don't know if it's still in LL's database but even if it is, there's no way to recover it.

I use my alts mainly as store owners on MP so I see no point in keeping them secret. (If anybody really wants to know who else I am in SL, simply do a store name search for OPQ there.) I also use my "junior" alts when I don't want to be disturbed in SL but that doesn't happen very often.

25 minutes ago, Nastasha Szaberwick said:

I mean it took around 6 months for me to organise 10+ years of inventory on my main. 

Well to be clear, that's not Apsergers, that common SL inventory management ;)

Im quite impressed you actually got your inventory organised!

29 minutes ago, Nastasha Szaberwick said:

Kerbal Space Program

I wanted to play that, seems so much fun! But the learning curve proved to be to much for my short attention span thus far.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.