Average number of alts for the average SL resident

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Im quite impressed you actually got your inventory organised!

Room for improvement, and constantly tweaking. But there was no structure before. I did purchase (CTS) Wardrobe some time last year, but never got around to using it because my inventory was so disorganised--so that's my next project. 
651011730_SLInventory.thumb.PNG.448b8e2a67685202bfc9e5c6e4ca7166.PNG

As for KSP. I think so long as you can figure out how to build a rocket and get into orbit, maybe one or two other basics, it's totally fine to use a mod called MechJeb (kind of like autopilot) for a lot of things...I don't find docking at all fun for example. Although purists might think otherwise. As I see it, real world spacecraft have computer-assisted piloting. So... *blows raspberry at the purists*

• Like 3

I have two alts. One is a backup admin alt for my group. The other was my "poor newbie" alt, where a bunch of us from the forum started a new alt with no money to see if we could earn a target amount. I've sometimes used them to test scripted items, but I haven't needed to log in either of them for some time.

I don't have social alts. If I go to an event, explore or do anything substantial, I use the same account for that. I also have executive dysfunction, so it's better to keep as much as possible on the single account and have very clear (and narrow) purposes for any additional accounts.

• Like 1

Alright. Since y'all keep twisting my arm....

Main - in limbo

1st alt - building

2nd alt - runway/modeling

3rd alt - roleplaying

4th alt - mostly for anim testing and when I need/want a male model

ETA: Btw... all of my alts have payment info on file so that debunks that myth.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2

I can't even remember now.  A few old forgotten ones for various clubs I was part of along the way.  Right now there are only 2 I use frequently.  One is my peace and quite alt who is partnered to my partners peace and quiet alt and the other is our business alt.  

7 hours ago, onetimethurman said:

Hi guys.. i'm just wondering how many alts most of us here have?  I personally have over 100. One for each important sim/person... 

Hm what do you mean by one for each important sim or person? Do you mean you only only allow one account to visit one particular beach or something? W-what?

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I met someone yesterday who claimed to have over 900 alts, which he used to play Bloodlines. I asked him if that was cheating, and he admitted it was, but claimed everyone did it. He said it was expensive though.

Yeah, I think they all tried to bite me before I got that garlic necklace. With any luck they'll all bankrupt themselves out of existence. Not enough stakes in the world for all that lot.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I met someone yesterday who claimed to have over 900 alts, which he used to play Bloodlines

I totally believe that. I rented a parcel on a sim once, where a neighbor would log in with literally hundreds of alts, dozens per minute, in 50 or so batches at a time, to drain blood from, I presume. This would go on for hours and hours and the cycle would repeat every day. All for a few tanks of virtual blood for a pyramid scheme. Imagine the lag as the alts logged in there in droves, streaming in all their assets into the sim server. Luckily, the landlord wouldn't have it and kicked them out.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

I totally believe that. I rented a parcel on a sim once, where a neighbor would log in with literally hundreds of alts, dozens per minute, in 50 or so batches at a time, to drain blood from, I presume. This would go on for hours and hours and the cycle would repeat every day. All for a few tanks of virtual blood for a pyramid scheme. Imagine the lag as the alts logged in there in droves, streaming in all their assets into the sim server. Luckily, the landlord wouldn't have it and kicked them out.

*facepalms*

And they do this for fun?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

onetimethurman is one of my over 101 alts.

Yeah, and you even stole appropriated one on my alts before he even became one: Bill The Pirate.  He has never forgiven you.

As far as I can remember, I have three alts plus the real me (not counting Bill, who never made it out of the warehouse).  Of those, one was a cat whose sole purpose was to guard group assets and who has gone off chasing mice somewhere.  I can no longer remember her password.  I haven't ever needed more alts than that, though I have been tempted a few times.  Most of the time, I split my time evenly between the Real Me and my hardworking scripter alt, leaving the other two for backup as occasional test dummies or for social silliness.

• Like 2

The alts I do have, were made over a period of 4-5 years. So it's not like I was grabbing alts on whims. Not saying anyone here has. 

I watched in morbid fascination two massive frenzied feedings of alt creation. The first was when we were first allowed to have what amounted to unlimited alts. The second was when LL dropped last names and the "new" format was deployed and so many went all paranoia they would be impersonated. It boggles my mind to this day. All those accounts created, never to be used, just sitting on LL's servers gathering dust bunnies and wool socks. And no one was ever impersonated. Not because of all those accounts created, but because it would have been obvious.

My point is, most of us create alts for a specific purpose and those accounts are used, even if only sporadically.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.