The New LH Release Plan - Your Thoughts

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Nika Talaj said:

From a galaxy far, far away:

2118565311_PrototypeBelli.thumb.jpg.10bdd290120c5ddf13d84a6d2b63b774.jpg

That houseboat area at the bottom of the SSP area was just a work area for them to create the squishy pickle area.  Patch commented in a thread that while they did initially think about having it down south, like shown in the pic, they ultimately felt it was too abrupt of a terrain change and so when they actually moved it to the Bellisseria continent, they moved it to the NE area.  For the SSP stuff itself, when they are ready to expand the continent to the south, they'll either move that block of regions to its true location or just get rid of it since it has already been copied over to Bellisseria anyway.

• Like 2

So are they not doing anything with the continent that is way up north? It looks exactly like the Bellisseria one even down to the roads and housing placement only the whole continent is there. Are they going to use that one as a Bellisseria #2 or is it just kind of like a road map to setting up the current one?

17 minutes ago, JadeJustina said:

So are they not doing anything with the continent that is way up north? It looks exactly like the Bellisseria one even down to the roads and housing placement only the whole continent is there. Are they going to use that one as a Bellisseria #2 or is it just kind of like a road map to setting up the current one?

Well, if you look carefully at the  northern edge of the existing continent, they did not put houseboats in those middle regions, which means there is a place to add more land going north to then spread back out again and/or go meet the northern continent in some way.

Patch did say in an interview that he is hoping for the road system on Bellisseria to join with the other Mainland roads

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

I assumed that it is a prototype.  It's such a distinctive shape that I can't see them cloning it.

I'm more concerned with trenchant questions like:

What kind of lizard IS this continent?  LOOK at its head (upper right).  It has an eye, jaws, a crest.  It has an esophagus and a stomach!  A baby Godzilla, maybe? An overgrown gecko?

Thank God they named it Bellisseria instead of Godzilla, Mondo-Gecko, or some other more descriptive name!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

I assumed that it is a prototype.  It's such a distinctive shape that I can't see them cloning it.

What kind of lizard IS this continent?  LOOK at its head (upper right).  It has an eye, jaws, a crest.  It has an esophagus and a stomach!  A baby Godzilla, maybe? An overgrown gecko?

Thank God they named it Bellisseria instead of Godzilla, Mondo-Gecko, or some other more descriptive name!

Lol it looks like some kind of fish eating a dolphin to me, hahaha. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I figured it was a dolphin as it has a pointy snout and tail fin.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Some folks - maybe Moles/Lindens/Residents - have said it looked like a baby dragon sitting in a boot eating a pickle.

Apparently that is how that island came to be called The Pickle.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, JadeJustina said:

That secondary continent that looks more complete(landmass wise) is originally where they are building Bellisseria before moving the regions down to our current. The construction going on with the middle area right now where we can see if something they wanted to try out.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 5:10 AM, Patch Linden said:

giphy.gif

I really don't see this list thing happening...

How would person #9,998,383,750,000 feel?

I can only speak for myself. 

• With a list, I would know where I stand. 
  • I could monitor where I stand on an on-going basis. 
  • I could be prepared to act, when the time comes.
  • If no longer interested, I could remove myself from the list and let others who are still interested have a better chance.
  • I would know whether I want to wait or just forget about the whole thing.
  • a minimum amount of my time would be required for the whole process, whereas now I have the stress of trying and failing repeatedly.

Just my $0.02L.  It seems I am in the minority, by far.  To me, though, this process ends up amusing and pleasing a few, and frustrating many.  Not to mention unnecessary load on servers somewhere.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cornelius Collazo said:

I can only speak for myself. 

• With a list, I would know where I stand. 
  • I could monitor where I stand on an on-going basis. 
  • I could be prepared to act, when the time comes.
  • If no longer interested, I could remove myself from the list and let others who are still interested have a better chance.
  • I would know whether I want to wait or just forget about the whole thing.
  • a minimum amount of my time would be required for the whole process, whereas now I have the stress of trying and failing repeatedly.

Just my $0.02L.  It seems I am in the minority, by far.  To me, though, this process ends up amusing and pleasing a few, and frustrating many.  Not to mention unnecessary load on servers somewhere.

I totally get it and if it were something that could be done in a reasonably easy way with minimal resources, I imagine LL would do it.  However,

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

yeah but it might be so expensive to get you your list that theres not enough money and time to build the new home you want

If that is truly the case, then fine.  Speaking as a former software engineer, it's a little hard to fathom, but, if so, OK, I relent.  I relent anyway, I guess.  Again, I am by far in the minority on this, so, I'll just shut up now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cornelius Collazo said:
22 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

yeah but it might be so expensive to get you your list that theres not enough money and time to build the new home you want

If that is truly the case, then fine.  Speaking as a former software engineer, it's a little hard to fathom, but, if so, OK, I relent.  I relent anyway, I guess.  Again, I am by far in the minority on this, so, I'll just shut up now.

You can complain!  It's what we do best here    hehe

Hope you get your new Linden Home very soon.

Edited by Kiera Clutterbuck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Cornelius Collazo said:

You can complain all you want. 

I'm also a software engineer and definitely know that messing with existing systems, especially pieces that were written a decade or more ago, can sometimes be very, very complicated and ultimately cost lots of development time -- and that amount of time cannot always be justified when balanced against what **might** be gained from it and what else those resources could be spent on.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

cannot always be justified when balanced against what **might** be gained from it and what else those resources could be spent on.

Yes, isn't it true there are not many Premium users compared to other residents? So it would not be justified if expensive.

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Patch did say in an interview that he is hoping for the road system on Bellisseria to join with the other Mainland roads

this would be pretty cool

would be the longest road bridge in SL by far

Here's one based on the most recent announcement.

If you don't want your servers being hit 24/7 and making things hard on your IT folks, come up with a better way to release the homes.

How about you just tell people when they are being released so they try to get one then.  If they don't then they know it's useless to keep hitting the server until the next release.

Or, the list seems workable. There could be 2 lists, one for houseboats and one for houses.

There has got to be a better way for both users and LL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spyder Haifisch said:

Here's one based on the most recent announcement.

If you don't want your servers being hit 24/7 and making things hard on your IT folks, come up with a better way to release the homes.

How about you just tell people when they are being released so they try to get one then.  If they don't then they know it's useless to keep hitting the server until the next release.

Or, the list seems workable. There could be 2 lists, one for houseboats and one for houses.

There has got to be a better way for both users and LL.

It's not useless to try between releases, though. Don't forget about the abandoned ones that pop up every day. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It's not useless to try between releases, though. Don't forget about the abandoned ones that pop up every day. 

Although my spider sense is telling me there may be less and less abandoned houses as a result of this... Once people realize that auto refresh is not a feasible option anymore they wont feel as confident that they can find a new location as quickly as they could with auto refresh.. therefore they will hold onto the location they have rather then dumping back into the pool and trying for a more desirable location.  Will have to see how this effects the process going forward although I am interested to see how they streamline the web page

I still am a firm believer that the best thing is not a new process or a tweak to the old process... but rather beefing up their Mole team for the coming months and possibly years of building and do everything they can to speed up the actual production of homes.

EDITED: Speed on homes of course WITHOUT compromising the uniqueness of each individual region they build (IE no cookie cutter copy-pasting of regions)

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 4

Coming back to the thread because:

@Patch Lindensay they have to be 12 persons there the same time to release a region of homes.

Hear me out: Why not set all the finished houses to the Mole(s) or Linden(s) who just came to work?

Then it is done. X Mole - just an example, has 8 homes. She abandon them at irregular intervals. This will give us homes to get during all day long. Not 7 seconds, and then it's done.

And before you say this will take too much time from their work, we have teleports. It is done in seconds. Teleport in, hit abandon, teleport back.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.