New premium Linden homes fraud...?

cleve Byron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You screaming at us sure isn't going to help anything

For God's sake look at WHO I am talking to Jewel.....NOT YOU!?

(Jesus help these people who take it personally - prays)

I am VERY ANGRY at the nonchalant Linden Labs???

Edited by Adumelial Rothstein
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

I am VERY ANGRY at the non nonchalant Linden Labs???

Except these are Resident forums.  LL only sometimes wanders in and mostly just to moderate.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

BUT HOW WILL WE BE NOTIFIED AND WHEN WILL THEY BE AVAILABLE = THE POINT!

Following Patch's update thread is one way, but I believe that he doesn't update that until the release is actually happening.  Last time the hints of an upcoming release happening soon (like in the next 24 hours) were mostly through posts on threads here, and in comments in the two main Bellisseria community groups (which are open to anyone who wishes to join).  If I remember correctly, the relevant comments from the groups were also copied and posted on threads here. 

Until it reaches a point where the new supply is closer to meeting the current demand, I think it will be true that the people who really, really want a spot, and are willing to do what is necessary to stay as informed as possible, will be the ones most likely to be able to snag a parcel.  Later, as the hype dies down and the inventory count continues to increase, that will become less important. 

• Like 2

Interesting? We are at Gallaudet

I clicked on about land. Read where is says "Description"

*Quotes Description* This land is located in a Linden Home neighborhood. Linden Homes are provided to Premium Members. Upgrade today by clicking on the change membership link on secondlife.com

https://i.gyazo.com/7f3d26565e1142d5e0cbb7b53738e872.mp4

Key word is "Upgrade". Hmmm?

Edited by RedBaronRothstein
to add a point

1 hour ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

I am VERY ANGRY at the nonchalant Linden Labs???

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Except these are Resident forums.  LL only sometimes wanders in and mostly just to moderate.

How very encouraging you are Jewel to those who are distressed...tsk. *sarcasm*

4 minutes ago, RedBaronRothstein said:

So if I were to get a premium "Upgrade" even though my wife is paid till 2011 - I would get this LH - Traditional - Winchestertraditional Home?

Actually, if you were to upgrade, you'd get nothing right now as the only Homes or Houseboats available are the random abandons that are happening.  When more are released, you would have the option of a Traditional House, a Houseboat, or whatever other stuff they come up with in their new themes.

• Like 2

At risk of stating the obvious, selling out of a product is not fraud. The elements of fraud are (1) a false statement of fact, (2) whoever said it knew it was false, (3) that person intended to deceive, (4) reasonable reliance on the statement by the party to whom it was made, and (5) actual damages suffered. If all five elements are not met then, from a legal standpoint, there is no fraud. 

LL didn’t make a false statement. They said the new continent and Linden homes were available to claim. They are. 

Since it wasn’t false, they obviously did not know it was false.

Since it wasn’t false, they obviously did not intend to deceive.

They never said anything about guaranteeing everyone who wanted a LH home could get one immediately. They did say they plan to keep building until a sufficient supply is constructed. Since no guarantee of the type the OP seems upset about was made, the OP could not reasonably rely on it. In fact, given the large user base of SL, it seems like the OP should have reasonably known there was a high probability of the homes selling out. 

Actual damages are a bit harder to evaluate. Sounds like the truthful, non-fraudulent statements by the Lab induced the OP to buy into premium membership. So the OP may have been damaged by his own unreasonable interpretation of what was said, but he was not damaged by any fraudulent statements by the Lab.

On 6/17/2019 at 2:18 PM, Rhianna Ragu said:

I've read about these people having multiple homes in Bellessaria and I feel its very very selfish. I dont care if you pay for multiple premium accounts, how many homes can you live in? [snipped unrelated text] When is the question. Its frustrating having to wait for them. I urge those with multiple homes to please reconsider giving some of them up.

I actually agree with you. I have two premium alts that I use mainly for generating stipend and for building up land tier. And I’ve been tempted to go try and get a Linden home with one of them because I have a traditional home now and I’d live to get a house boat but I hate to give up my hard won traditional home. I don’t do it because I know there are a lot of people out there who paid up like I did and haven’t gotten one. Seems selfish of me as the person behind the screen to go try and get more than one when others cannot even get one. When they are no longer so scarce, I may go get a second one, but right now that wouldn’t be the right thing to do.

On the flip side, there are people who have opened up their homes as a spot for people who do not have one. I cannot comment on how many those people may own. But letting others use them like that seems pretty generous, no?

Build on moles. Give us NO UPDATES. Leave us IN THE DARK. Enough said and if my words are a nuclear bomb again then let them blow something the f__ up!?

I feel I should mention that if your words are a nuclear bomb, using them would risk running afoul of the prohibition against the use of weapons of mass destruction in 18 USC § 2332a or it’s equivalents in other countries of the world. 

I also could mention that there are a ton of news updates on the Linden homes in this very forum. For example:

. . . and scattered throughout other threads in the forums. Not all news about Bellisseria comes from Lindens or Moles and not all news from Lindens or Moles comes in threads they started. I certainly understand the desire to hear more detailed news like a certain date when release is planned. And I do think LL could do a better job of letting people know at least a very rough time frame. But I also understand that LL doesn’t want to be put in a situation where if they miss the planned date, people go ballistic and start accusing them of fraud. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, if you were to upgrade, you'd get nothing right now as the only Homes or Houseboats available are the random abandons that are happening.  When more are released, you would have the option of a Traditional House, a Houseboat, or whatever other stuff they come up with in their new themes.

Beg to differ. If you were to upgrade now, you’d get a $300L stipend, you’$ get more groups, priority entrance to full sims, and access to a Linden home, even if not immediate access to a new one. That may not be the main reason for a given individual to go premium. (I’m premium mainly for stipend and land ownership and care a lot less about other benefits, for example) but it is not nothing. 

On 6/17/2019 at 1:29 PM, cleve Byron said:

And yet there they are, empty and appear to be surrounded by homes that are occupied. So I'm extremely dubious of the "not ready" thing. "Not ready" or "not yet available" would be understandable if they were in regions which don't yet have any occupants. If they're not ready or not available even though unclaimed, why are those houses right next door claimed and being used?

This seems extremely fishy to me, a dodge to keep premium members dangling with a bait and switch promise of new but unavailable premium content which merely cycles to the old, tired, outdated and undesirable premium content that's been available for a decade.

Cleve, you aren't making any sense. Even if you've gotten a home, you still need to be a premium member to keep it....what did you think? Stay premium until you get it then stop membership? You'd loose it as soon as your membership ran out............

Oh my WORD??

You need therapy?

Thanks! I actually do live with depression every day of my life, take medication for it, and have had therapy at times when I've needed it.

Of course, I lived with that depression for 35 years before I accepted help and damn near committed suicide on several occasions, all because I didn't want to be stigmatized as crazy. Neither did my brother or grandmother who were successful in their attempts to kill themselves.

But I refuse to be stigmatized any longer, and therapy isn't some throw-away joke to make at the expense of real live human beings who desperately need mental health care and refuse because people still still look at mental illness as if there is something abnormal and broken about people who have them.

I've yet to see someone shame a diabetic for being diabetic. And illness is an illness is an illness, some more serious than others, but a great many mental illnesses are fatal without treatment. 

Great joke. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

therapy isn't some throw-away joke to make at the expense of real live human beings who desperately need mental health care

In fact, many of us forum members questioned the legitimacy of the in-world “counseling services”, because of course they could do real harm if they are not legitimate.  We care.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In fact, many of us forum members questioned the legitimacy of the in-world “counseling services”, because of course they could do real harm if they are not legitimate.  We care.

I strongly suspect that many use SL as an escape from not only RL physical health issues, but also mental health issues. I think there is probably a huge audience that LL could tap into for marketing purposes. In SL, though I don't hide my (thankfully well treated) depression, a lot of the more common triggers don't exist for me. I can forgot all the goofy pressures and stresses and worries and anxiety I hang around my own neck for a few hours. It's certainly not a treatment or therapy, but can absolutely be a nice respite. 

And I wouldn't get advice from an SL doctor on how to treat sciatica... I sure as hell wouldn't go to one to treat my depression!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Female Winslet said:

Beg to differ. If you were to upgrade now, you’d get a $300L stipend, you’$ get more groups, priority entrance to full sims, and access to a Linden home, even if not immediate access to a new one. That may not be the main reason for a given individual to go premium. (I’m premium mainly for stipend and land ownership and care a lot less about other benefits, for example) but it is not nothing. 

Yes, but the person I quoted had specifically made a comment about getting a Traditional House if he upgraded and thus my response was contained to only the Linden House part of the Premium.  Per his post, his wife is already Premium, so he likely knows about all of the other benefits.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

• Moles

Just as a general point, the house controllers (mailboxes and life preservers) should always be facing a cardinal point of the region's compass -- so facing 0, 90, 180 or 270 degrees.

The house or houseboat should always rez with the positive X axis of its root prim facing in the opposite direction, using the houseboat's own frame of rotational reference, so if you open the edit tool, select the houseboat, and set the ruler to local, rather than world, you should the red arrow pointing towards the side of the slip where the life preserver is (not directly towards it but towards the same side that it's placed).

1081274107_localrulermode.png.10f5a23826c5ab49d1149479f56a04fd.png

If that is the case, then the houseboat is pointing in the direction it's supposed to, and there's nothing I can do to change that, for the reasons Abnor Mole explains here

That's completely distinct from a very rare bug I've encountered only once since the regions were released to the public that has the houseboat facing in completely the wrong direction.   I'm pretty sure I know what causes that now, and, while it's fixable if it's what I think it is,  it's no trivial task for me to fix or for QA to test, so it's something I would rather fix manually on the rare occasions it occurs (it needs a very unusual set of circumstances to trigger it).

I hope that helps clarify matters a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

2 hours ago, RedBaronRothstein said:

So if I were to get a premium "Upgrade" even though my wife is paid till 2011 - I would get this LH - Traditional - Winchestertraditional Home?

You should know that the last batch of 700 houseboats went in 28 minutes, and the site had several hickups because of the traffic. The new release will go that fast, or faster.

But there are people abandoning houses and boats every day. They are picked up in 5 seconds, so unless you have Auto-refresh running in a window, and the "plus" version that alerts you for the word "Bellisseria" - you wil probably not get one.

24 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Just as a general point, the house controllers (mailboxes and life preservers) should always be facing a cardinal point of the region's compass -- so facing 0, 90, 180 or 270 degrees.

The house or houseboat should always rez with the positive X axis of its root prim facing in the opposite direction, using the houseboat's own frame of rotational reference, so if you open the edit tool, select the houseboat, and set the ruler to local, rather than world, you should the red arrow pointing towards the side of the slip where the life preserver is (not directly towards it but towards the same side that it's placed).

This project seems like a good candidate to use “absolute position” rezzers, instead of “position relative to the rezzer”.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.