New homes, new price

Sylvia Tamalyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

Premium has gained a lot of benefits since I first started it, which was, well, back when it first started. And this is the first time they have ever increased the price.

And that is why I said they are increasing prices for a limited feature I have been a long time premium member, any other features they have released over the years they never increased prices you add these new linden homes that you state anyone with premium should have access to and it is limited? but still l handing out these old 512 homes, I don't mind you increasing my price if I have the same benefit as the next person. Like you are telling me let me upgrade half the premium playing community the other half continue to either play the old way we will give you a slight discount on land that you are already coming out of your pocket to pay for anyways.

I am sorry there should have been if they knew it was going to be limited if you where say a premium for a year or more you had an option to the first come first serve of the linden homes. Anyone just opening a premium account would have the option to receive the next wave as long as there premium account is good standings for a certain amount of time. I know people became premium members and also made alt accounts with premium to just get these homes and they got swallowed up just as fast.

Edited by tootsiepop1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

So, they should have increased the price long ago, maybe each time they added a new feature to Premium? Would that really have been preferable?

Exactly this.  Their costs to operate have steadily risen, yet they held the price they started with.

So maybe they should have had an annual increase.  People don't appreciate the past anyway.

• Like 6

The argument about "why do we have to pay more when there are not enough new homes" also overlooks the fact that LL is offering to let us lock in our current rates for another payment period up to an additional year. That allows plenty of time to get one of the new homes without paying the new higher rates in the meantime. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

So, they should have increased the price long ago, maybe each time they added a new feature to Premium? Would that really have been preferable?

I am glad that they didn't increase the price each time they added a new feature.  I actually prefer a less frequent increase (even if it makes the increase amount seem large at the time) over an every year increase.   I don't even think an increase needs to be specifically tied to a new benefit or feature.  Of all the increased costs I've had recently in RL, the increased premium cost here is actually the least of my concerns.   

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

I am glad that they didn't increase the price each time they added a new feature.  I actually prefer a less frequent increase (even if it makes the increase amount seem large at the time) over an every year increase.   I don't even think an increase needs to be specifically tied to a new benefit or feature.  Of all the increased costs I've had recently in RL, the increased premium cost here is actually the least of my concerns.   

If only my cable company would only go up by $27 after 10+ years.  Well if they had done that I guess I'd still be with them.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

Exactly this.  Their costs to operate have steadily risen, yet they held the price they started with.

So maybe they should have had an annual increase.  People don't appreciate the past anyway.

Exactly I would have felt better if a increase was done before you released a much bigger feature this just makes me now feel I am paying for something I am unable to get for lord knows how long that should be included in my subscription. Like anything if you are paying for features I expect all the features not just some. I normally don't even come on here to speak about anything but this took the cake when I am working and get home and you tell me oh sorry sold out now wait until when ever we release more homes while I increase your cost for a feature I can't have. I rather them have waited until everything had been fully implemented then increase my payment or they should have increased it well before this if you going to tell me any different that it was not partly due to those new homes then why now are you going to increase after all these years.

Edited by tootsiepop1

18 minutes ago, tootsiepop1 said:

Exactly I would have felt better if a increase was done before you released a much bigger feature this just makes me now feel I am paying for something I am unable to get for lord knows how long that should be included in my subscription. Like anything if you are paying for features I expect all the features not just some. I normally don't even come on here to speak about anything but this took the cake when I am working and get home and you tell me oh sorry sold out now wait until when ever we release more homes while I increase your cost for a feature I can't have. I rather them have waited until everything had been fully implemented then increase my payment or they should have increased it well before this if you going to tell me any different that it was not partly due to those new homes then why now are you going to increase after all these years.

Well the notion that the price increase is tied to the new homes is a mistaken perception that no amount of dead horse beating is going to overcome, apparently.

Personally, do I love the idea of a price increase? For its own sake, of course not. But LL has to evolve, or it goes away.  A price reduction to $0 because they've shut it all down is not desirable. So I am happy for all the years  we did get at the initial price with no increase ever, and will soldier on at the new rate.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

Well the notion that the price increase is tied to the new homes is a mistaken perception that no amount of dead horse beating is going to overcome, apparently.

Personally, do I love the idea of a price increase? For its own sake, of course not. But LL has to evolve, or it goes away.  A price reduction to $0 because they've shut it all down is not desirable. So I am happy for all the years  we did get at the initial price with no increase ever, and will soldier on at the new rate.

Then why wait to increase now should have been done it before so they can say what ever to smooth things over for you and make you feel better.

3 minutes ago, tootsiepop1 said:

Then why wait to increase now should have been done it before so they can say what ever to smooth things over for you and make you feel better.

Why would you wish that we had been paying a higher price for months (years?) instead of just now finally having the first price increase ever? WE got the use of our money for all this time, instead of having to pay it to LL in the form of higher rates. What you are saying makes no financial sense at all. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Why would you wish that we had been paying a higher price for months (years?) instead of just now finally having the first price increase ever? WE got the use of our money for all this time, instead of having to pay it to LL in the form of higher rates. What you are saying makes no financial sense at all. 

Speaking of things making financial sense...

It just seems like a lot of fuss over $2.25 a month (for annual). It seems to me that it's pretty tough to justify being premium at all if that amount of money is a big deal.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I can justify anything when it comes to my hard earned money and what I am paying for, I would have felt better months ago of a pay increase because I would be getting my full money worth of the game. I would rather pay $2.25 to know I am getting this feature then the extra $80 I pay now to someone else.  Other gaming companies have spread themselves thin when they are not able to back up promises they lay down for the community and those games are now gone because they think everything is a ok.  I never liked the linden homes prior to this so I paid extra for land because they where overcrowded and visually not a pleasing environment one house on top of another, do you think land owners are going to cut what they are charging just because linden decreases land prices.

I would love to stop paying them and just pay linden so figured oh great after all these years they implement new homes with actual land that are visually pleasing,setup with nice neighborhoods and things to do compared to what they had to be slapped in the face and be told oh for now it is limited and sold out we will implement more in the near future but we are also going to increase premium prices while we are at it but please stay in this over-cowded 512sqm house for now that graphically still looks the same from when the game started, took you all this time to implement this feature,  you could not implement more then that one area? is this beta? no it is live,  you are able to slap new land down one two three if I pay you hundreds of dollars which in the long run I am paying for that server and upkeep.

Edited by tootsiepop1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, tootsiepop1 said:

I can justify anything when it comes to my hard earned money and what I am paying for, I would have felt better months ago of a pay increase because I would be getting my full money worth of the game. I would rather pay $2.25 to know I am getting this feature then the extra $80 I pay now to someone else.  Other gaming companies have spread themselves thin when they are not able to back up promises they lay down for the community and those games are now gone because they think everything is a ok.  I never liked the linden homes prior to this so I paid extra for land because they where overcrowded and visually not a pleasing environment one house on top of another, do you think land owners are going to cut what they are charging just because linden decreases land prices.

I would love to stop paying them and just pay linden so figured oh great after all these years they implement new homes with actual land that are visually pleasing,setup with nice neighborhoods and things to do compared to what they had to be slapped in the face and be told oh for now it is limited and sold out we will implement more in the near future but we are also going to increase premium prices while we are at it but please stay in this over-cowded 512sqm house for now that graphically still looks the same from when the game started, took you all this time to implement this feature,  you could not implement more then that one area? is this beta? no it is live,  you are able to slap new land down one two three if I pay you hundreds of dollars which in the long run I am paying for that server and upkeep.

That doesn't explain why it would be better to start paying the higher fees a year ago (for example) instead of now. Just extend your subscription at the old rate that you were apparently happy paying until this week, and problem solved. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That doesn't explain why it would be better to start paying the higher fees a year ago (for example) instead of now. Just extend your subscription at the old rate that you were apparently happy paying until this week, and problem solved. 

Obviously, you cant read and will not continue debating with you because a year ago you had everything they had to offer you for your subscription, when they want to implement this increase I am not getting all the features why extend something that eventually is going to increase regardless but not get a answer when I will get what I am paying for. Example: Like freely giving the cable company extra money for channels you no longer get but they want to raise your monthly price and what do people do get rid of cable.

Edited by tootsiepop1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, tootsiepop1 said:

Obviously, you cant read and will not continue debating with you because a year ago you had everything they had to offer you for your subscription, when they want to implement this increase I am not getting all the features why extend something that eventually is going to increase regardless but not get a answer when I will get what I am paying for. Example: Like freely giving the cable company extra money for channels you no longer get but they want to raise your monthly price and what do people do get rid of cable.

I can read just fine, when things are properly punctuated. Give it a try sometime. ;)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I can read just fine, when things are properly punctuated. Give it a try sometime. ;)

Give your attitude a try also hun. :) Because you can justify someone taking your money.

Edited by tootsiepop1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 5:07 PM, WillowTenage said:

All of the older premium membership stuff is way beyond my time, I remember someone writing they paid less for their premium membership because they had purchased it years ago.  I may have misunderstood them completely. 

A 30% increase would hurt as well, I hope we won't be seeing that.   What is all of the credit processing fee stuff?  I don't think that impacts me because I don't use paypal or skrill (whatever that is) 

I've been a member since 2004 and I've seen it all. The 9.95 for basic before it was free, the SL stipend for referrals. Folks even used to get paid just for logging on and land owners got paid for traffic...all gone and a mere 300L per week while grandfathered accounts get 500L. None of this address in these new premium raises as to what will happened with grandfathered accounts.  Let's not forget sims cost 1k USD but it's rather recouped by LL with the fees for the grandfathered sims. If you been around as long as I have and the perks are not all that great..you'd be annoyed at the price hike for the little you get back for the premium membership. I merely kept mine because it was grandfathered in at the higher stipend rate which allowed you to recoup the investment of an annual membership.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 11:48 PM, tootsiepop1 said:

Wait, let me see if I got this right: your argument against the price raises is to suggest you had been happier... if they raised prices a year ago?! 😜

And Sylvia is right: punctuation is your friend... (or maybe not, in your case).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have a lot of sympathy with Tootsie on this. It is not right that some premium members get the 'full service' and others a second rate one when we all pay the same. You can't dress that up to look better I'm afraid. The new homes were released first April 16th I think it was? 

The reason they ran out in 48hrs was because the demand was greater than expected. That excuse does not hold true for the second batch though which also ran out ridiculously fast. We're now two months on and there's still no adequate supply and worse still no date for resolution.

I've seen huge spaces in existing regions marked off as 'Linden Homes Coming Soon' and on forums people saying 'soon' a lot. The problem here, and what's causing many angst, is what does 'soon' mean? No-one can give a date when all those premium members wanting the 'full service' are going to be able to get it. Some idea of when just might placate people who are getting fed up with this.

Now, on-top of that you add this price hike. I calculate it to be as much as 46.5% if you're billed quarterly and 37.5% if you're billed annualy. The 26% I saw earlier in this post is for monthly billed only. Who raises prices in this age of austerity by 46.5% ?! Even the gas and electricity companies daren't do that!

I agree with some of the comments that prices do go up and you have to consider value for money. That would be a far easier decision if it wasn't a case of being asked to pay 46.5% for a full service you can't have anyway for an unspecified length of time. Why not tie the price increase to providing the full service for everyone that is paying for it? That would have some semblance of being fair at least.

P.S. If anyone feels like attacking me for punctuation, religion or spelling, go ahead, miss the whole point if that makes you feel better :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.