Network Maintenance

KarraSue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, arabellajones said:

I know this is the low concurrency period, but it's usually still about 2/3 of the peak around now. Europe has been waking up for a couple of hours.

Reading this thread, I get the impression that the website and Grid logins were cut off some time before the Status page was updated, which is clumsy. At least now I have an idea how long I have to wait.

Sadly yes. Everyone was forced logged off/crashed at around 10:30 PM SLT, and still is currently.

Edited by Zazaaji

• Lindens
1 minute ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

And keep the cleaning lady from plugging her vacuum back in! :D

I feel like the cleaning crew is getting a bad rep here! 

Thank you all for your patience.  We're going to make sure everything is coming back online in an orderly fashion and then we will all sleep a whole lot. 

Saludos. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Grumpity Linden said:

I feel like the cleaning crew is getting a bad rep here! 

Thank you all for your patience.  We're going to make sure everything is coming back online in an orderly fashion and then we will all sleep a whole lot. 

Saludos. 

Get some good sleep!  Think the cleaning lady moved on to the next office building --- HQ for a major doughnut company!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ina Fairport said:

Yeah, downtime at wednesday...and when the grid was finally online thousands of residents tried to log in all together at the same time so it took at least half an hour of continious login to get online.

And then you crashed on first TP 😎

That is exactly why I am waiting before logging back in after reading that logging in has been enabled. Best time to get sleep and login later today. 😊

Edited by Kytteh Wytchwood
fixing lowercase
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Cheers & thanks to all LL monkeys involved.

After the "random disconnects" nightmare fix, and now whatever you guys have been furiously hitting with spanners, sim crossings are about the smoothest I've ever known them to be. Whatever it was you guys did, it seems to have worked!

Source: Approximately 350 sim crossings with only one "unsit bug". NOT BAD AT ALL!

Edited by Fluf Fredriksson
  • Like 1

Indeed I found Gliding a pleasure for the first time in a while.

Stand by your beds though, seconds out...round 2 just started! :ph34r:

Edited by Aishagain
If Grumpity can mix metaphors so can !!
  • Thanks 1

If the engineers hadn't rushed the job, we wouldn't be back to having the same maintenance round again that we are experiencing now. It's okay to take your time when addressing a problem to find solutions in a timely manner. The best work is when it's taken at a normal pace. We're not going to abandon SL. We're more than happy to have the logins disabled so that the Linden team can fix all the problems thoroughly. Please disable logins so that you can efficiently focus on the existing problems without having an overload on the servers from people logged in and sequential logins as they come in through the night, etcetera.

Edited by Kytteh Wytchwood
spelling error
  • Thanks 1

• Lindens

Oh don't worry. This time they're just going to unplug things and plug them back in really quickly again.  While you may experience minor disruption, it will be nothing like last night.  

Just in case though, we've sacrificed a goat.  It gives us just a little extra confidence.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Grumpity Linden said:

Oh don't worry. This time they're just going to unplug things and plug them back in really quickly again.  While you may experience minor disruption, it will be nothing like last night.  

Just in case though, we've sacrificed a goat.  It gives us just a little extra confidence.  

Sacrifice a cow too, cause I was just inworld and everything froze up, logged out and now I'm unable to log back in lol and how many things do they need to unplug and plug in? *grins*

• Lindens
1 minute ago, anniepany said:

Sacrifice a cow too, cause I was just inworld and everything froze up, logged out and now I'm unable to log back in lol and how many things do they need to unplug and plug in? *grins*

sorry about that. the hamster is just getting a snack, he'll brb in the wheel momentarily.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Grumpity Linden said:

sorry about that. the hamster is just getting a snack, he'll brb in the wheel momentarily.

Make sure he has lots of coffee too, can't have him winding down in the middle of a wheel spin

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.