Network Maintenance

KarraSue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, arabellajones said:

I get the impression that the website and Grid logins were cut off some time before the Status page was updated, which is clumsy. At least now I have an idea how long I have to wait.

I was on the beta grid uploading meshes when I was kicked off. The status page changed to "Major outage" about 3 minutes later. I was pleased to see that. I hate it when something is down and there's nothing but happy talk on the status page.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jordynn Sandalwood said:

We know you are doing the best you can and we appreciate it. 

Actually the person I mentioned in my earlier post would say "If anyone asked why the server's down --- tell them the cleaning lady needed to unplug them for her vacuum!"

I have a nephew now in IT and he "borrowed" that phrase since he works for a MMO fixing their servers.

Meanwhile Grumpity probably looking at the cleaning lady "Hurry Hurry, the natives getting restless and we need to plug the login server back in!"

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
Typo on Grumpity's name
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, arabellajones said:

Reading this thread, I get the impression that the website and Grid logins were cut off some time before the Status page was updated, which is clumsy. At least now I have an idea how long I have to wait.

I checked the grid status page only a few minutes after getting logged out tonight, and the status page had already been updated.

• Lindens
13 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Actually the person I mentioned in my earlier post would say "If anyone asked why the server's down --- tell them the cleaning lady needed to unplug them for her vacuum!"

I have a nephew now in IT and he "borrowed" that phrase since he works for a MMO fixing their servers.

Meanwhile Grupity probably looking at the cleaning lady "Hurry Hurry, the natives getting restless and we need to plug the login server back in!"

That's almost it.  She's just getting all the dust bunnies under the rug... hold on. 

• Haha 8

Simply stay calm, enjoy the lagfree RL and let the Lindens do what they have to do. It is just necessary and it lasts as long as it lasts. For sure, the performance and everything else will be much better when everything is done in peace. A few cups of coffee and someday it will work again with the Login. 😉

Edited by Miller Thor
  • Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Miller Thor said:

Simply stay calm, enjoy the lagfree RL and let the Lindens do it. It is just necessary and it lasts as long as it lasts. For sure, the performance and everything else will be much better when everything is done in peace. A few cups of coffee and someday it will work again with the Login. 😉

You can slide a cup of coffee my way!

1 minute ago, Miller Thor said:

Simply stay calm, enjoy the lagfree RL and let the Lindens do it. It is just necessary and it lasts as long as it lasts. For sure, the performance and everything else will be much better when everything is done in peace. A few cups of coffee and someday it will work again with the Login. 😉

someday??? are you maaad? O.O

LOL

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.