Network Maintenance

KarraSue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I read about the network maintenance being done May 13-16th. Is this being planned for a certain time period each day? The post I saw in grid status never mentioned this, or how long each day the maintenance period will last

• Lindens

We always make an effort to do scheduled maintenance work (which may cause disruption) during the lowest concurrency hours.  That's at night/early morning SLT.   That said, I'm sure you all can point at times where we had to do work outside of that window  😕 ... 

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Grumpity Linden said:

We always make an effort to do scheduled maintenance work (which may cause disruption) during the lowest concurrency hours.  That's at night/early morning SLT.   That said, I'm sure you all can point at times where we had to do work outside of that window  😕 ... 

Lets go back to the days when the entire grid was shut down for hours. I sort of miss those days.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Lindens
20 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Lets go back to the days when the entire grid was shut down for hours. I sort of miss those days.

I'm gonna say Lucia jinxed it.  We have disabled logins and are bringing services back up.  Should be available again soon.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Yeah, downtime at wednesday...and when the grid was finally online thousands of residents tried to log in all together at the same time so it took at least half an hour of continious login to get online.

And then you crashed on first TP 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jenny Lilliehook said:

never assume, me dear...never assume xD

and yes...i still remember that, too!

xD

And I blame a Linden for getting me into this mess...

Back in the mid 2000s when our family had a night club south of San Francisco and had this one regular who been coming there for years and even fixed one of our computers there.

We would talk tech about computers and such and he said "I just started at this cool company and we have this virtual world with realistic looking avatars, much better then the Sims game, etc." The rest is history. He worked on the back end --- the servers and stuff for about 7 years before moving on.

• Haha 3

Man this. >.< I'll wait as I know it's essential, but is there anyone that knows of at least will the logins be disabled through another 5 hours thing and I should forget it for tonight, or more of a wait an hour and it might be up again kind of thing?

• Like 1

• Lindens
4 minutes ago, Zazaaji said:

Man this. >.< I'll wait as I know it's essential, but is there anyone that knows of at least will the logins be disabled through another 5 hours thing and I should forget it for tonight, or more of a wait an hour and it might be up again kind of thing?

Zazaaji, unfortunately we can't say for sure right now.  It could go either way, but we will make every attempt to have service restored by morning SLT.  

It's probably cold comfort to reiterate to everyone here that this is not our idea of a good time either. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Grumpity Linden said:

Zazaaji, unfortunately we can't say for sure right now.  It could go either way, but we will make every attempt to have service restored by morning SLT.  

It's probably cold comfort to reiterate to everyone here that this is not our idea of a good time either. 

We know you are doing the best you can and we appreciate it. 

• Like 2

@Grumpity Linden

Don't worry, it's fine :) I'm doing an all nighter anyway due to medical reasons.  It isn't cold comfort at all knowing a Linden replied personally to a nobody like me on the forums. It's very good snuggly warm comfort actually ^_^

Edited by Zazaaji
  • Like 2

I know this is the low concurrency period, but it's usually still about 2/3 of the peak around now. Europe has been waking up for a couple of hours.

Reading this thread, I get the impression that the website and Grid logins were cut off some time before the Status page was updated, which is clumsy. At least now I have an idea how long I have to wait.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.