Landscape Photographs!

On 9/10/2019 at 2:05 PM, Catrie said:

I've been decorating my apartment on the RP sim Clifton Forge.  However, I haven't found any wall art that I really HAD to HAVE for my living space.  So, this morning, I cammed around the sim, changed windlights several times and finally took one that I really liked. 

Clifton Forge

Honestly, Catrie. With the quality of pics you produce, why would you even consider hanging someone else's art?

Gorgeous!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Honestly, Catrie. With the quality of pics you produce, why would you even consider hanging someone else's art?

Gorgeous!

aawwww... thanks, Scylla.  I'm enjoying taking landscapes, so it may be something you see more often. lol

I've also taken these, so far, both at Clifton Forge, as well.

Main StreetLight among the Dark

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 5:35 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It seems odd that there is no thread here for landscape photography, which is actually a pretty popular genre of photograph in SL. So I thought I'd start one!

I am not disinterested: I've been focusing in my photography on the avatar (portraits or figure-in-landscape), but I'm interested in learning how to do landscapes properly and well. So I'm hoping that, in addition to awesome photos of SL landscapes, people will have hints and ideas on how best to go about landscape photography in Second Life, and maybe even offer constructive critique of my pics!

So, here's my first offering, taken at Whimberly (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Whimberly/229/109/32). (It seems to me logical that people should include locations and maybe SLURLs with their landscapes here?) It's my first really conscious attempt to photograph just a landscape, and I'd love to hear ideas to help me do better next time!

And please, post your own! I want to steal be inspired by your awesome ideas!

Whimberley-at-Sunset-Blank.png

Tried the widescreen thing?

Just zoom back a bit & take a pic in Firestorm that's 6000x2000!

39600123784_480835c6ef_o.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Taken at Aradia's Winter and taken in mouselock again.  I thought I haven't done a landscape photo in a while; plus own backdrop called frosty morning which has no frosty morning view per say so took this photo in world then uploaded it as each time I went to save to inventory it refreshed and put me in shot like damn it!

snow day_001.png

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

The original post is on my Blog, The Weather Stone.

I've always been amazed by the landscapes around SL. There is always this urge to take the snapshot, sometimes beyond my control. So I've let myself go and free flow with it, and tried. This port was just so beautiful with speckles of snow falling onto my hair when I landed there, I just loved the feeling so much. So, I took the memory out of SL with a snapshot of course, and added just a sprinkle of magic on it.

Port House finish product.png

Edited by SusanPoora
uploaded picture
  • Like 5