Landscape Photographs!

Sunset in Isthill, Bellisseria - Second Life

Everywhere in the new continent of Bellisseria's houseboat community areas. Have not proved landmark purposely as it's from my alt's home. You can easily find the area; there are lots of places to hang out - the moles did a lovely job of landscaping with lots to see and nooks and crannies to relax at every turn. Go!

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, I love the muted colours and how light it is (despite being relatively dark)! Gorgeous!

I don't know that I've been to Missing Melody . . .

Missing Melody was noted in one of the LL Featured News: Destinations blog entries last week.  I noticed especially because it had a VW Bug in the picture on the blog post :)   It is a pretty place and there is some thunder and lightening out in the distance which with my photo skills did not look as good captured in a picture as just watching them when out walking in the region. 

It is also the location of that bakery with all the wonderful choices that I was having a hard time making decisions about what to order yesterday  ( the pic in the "how does your avatar look today" thread).

I would definitely suggest popping out for a visit. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ana Stubbs said:

This isn't exactly a landscape, but I hope you'll allow a mermaid some leeway.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cerridwens Cauldron/231/213/21

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.3b5863a2ba3b4ebc6dc1df62e3a63b35.png

I think, given that we are living in a digital, virtual world, that we should probably be expansive about our definition of "landscape."

This is gorgeous! I should probably explore underwater more . . . except that I am not a mermaid, and hence likely to drown. (Also, I hate getting water up my nose.)

• Haha 1

Ghosty and I had a very low key Memorial Day. More or less, hanging out, running some errands, eating and hanging out some more. Left a good amount of time to explore some new places in SL including the newly opened "Atonement" at Canyon Creek.  Gorgeous, lush forest sim but very taxing on computer systems so beware if yours is already struggling.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Canyon Creek/240/149/56

Atonement at Canyon Creek

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Speak for yourself.

Scylla?

OMG, I leave the thread alone for half a day without adult supervision, and look what you people get up to!!

In this modern and more liberal age, I don't feel I should need to explain or justify my complicated and profound feelings about ovis aries. Did Mary face embarrassing and insinuating questions when her little lamb went missing? No, she did not. Because her love for sheep was, like mine, pure and elevated.

Suffice it to say that sheep are gentle, soft, cuddly . . .

. . . and, on occasion, quite tasty.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Ghosty and I had a very low key Memorial Day. More or less, hanging out, running some errands, eating and hanging out some more. Left a good amount of time to explore some new places in SL including the newly opened "Atonement" at Canyon Creek.  Gorgeous, lush forest sim but very taxing on computer systems so beware if yours is already struggling.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Canyon Creek/240/149/56

These are amazing, Elora. I'm torn about which one I like best, but I'm currently leaning towards the awesome perspective in the first one!

• Like 1

Urbanscape of Berlin 1929, along the wharfs. There's one figure in here (me), rather obscure, just because I'm not sure that urban pics shouldn't nearly always have people in them.

This is somewhat similar to a shot I posted in the "What Does Your Avatar Look Like" thread, but I fiddled with this a lot to try to reproduce something of the effect of a 100 year old photograph. I think parts of the pic work quite well . . . other parts, not so much.

ETA: Hmmm. The image isn't showing up, so I'm embedding from Flickr . . .

Along the Wharf, Berlin, 1929

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Problems with image
  • Like 8