"Linden Dollar assessment"?

coreyfaure

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, connorboy26 said:

Its not just about full sets.... Its about every reseller, big or small. It's about the $10L items as much as the $5000. Everyone should be protected, value is subjective. Everyone has the right to not be ripped off, regardless of the price or the item. 

Hi Connor, 

Of course! Theft is theft the high price items are just bigger targets it seems and more painful to loose. 

2 minutes ago, GrandDukeDylan Rothmoor said:

Hi Connor, 

Of course! Theft is theft the high price items are just bigger targets it seems and more painful to loose. 

What's your thoughts on LL wearing the loss rather than the sellers? Would you support an insurance premium built into sales commissions? 

Just now, connorboy26 said:

What's your thoughts on LL wearing the loss rather than the sellers? Would you support an insurance premium built into sales commissions? 

I would like to think the 10% fee covers that insurance policy especially since they have the means to track down the good and so could offer goods retrieved or funds if they cannot get them. I would be open to an additional optional percentage or two though just for pure pragmatic reasons especially if I saw them making other efforts too like two step verification for buying Lindens and the ability to toggle gift on and off in a store since it seems it is still easier for these scammers to gift to their alts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GrandDukeDylan Rothmoor said:

What! The Labs actually retrieved your items and sent them back to you because if so you are the only one I think so far...

Not in this recent occurrence, but a couple of years ago yes. I only lost one item but it was major. It was returned several months after it was taken. I dont think they were specifically hunting for my items but they must have tracked them down as part of their investigation. I never lodged a ticket. I really don't know any details or if it was the same sort of scam... but it was the fraudulent use of an account. It could have been a bitter ex for all I know, so easier to track. But I did get my items returned. 

Edited by connorboy26

Delist, delist, delist your MP items, it’s as easy as a click of a button...that will get LL’s attention, lets hope. IF we don’t get our money back AND our items...put them inworld.

The commissions they take should already include insurance against this!

they’ve been saying the same crap for years about how they’re going to do this and how they’re going to do that. 

they’ve been blowing us off for too long...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

and still you'r here ..

Yes because we love Second Life in spite of it's problems and I would like to think most who have written here are hopeful of its future. We just want LL to find a pragmatic solution we can live with. We all understand there is always going to be a limit to what they can do about grievers and criminal elements but it has to be more than this.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tanja Byron said:

I have been affected again and again for years, L $ 90,000 in the last 3 days alone.
LL punishes those who do nothing wrong and only regrets in the emails. reference to the TOS, end.
Year after year ^^

Im sorry to hear this has happened to you also. I think it may spell the end of gacha resale. 

1 hour ago, connorboy26 said:

Im sorry to hear this has happened to you also. I think it may spell the end of gacha resale. 

Not likely but it could push it all Inworld and then LL will have to seriously reconsider their recent decisions to make MP a more important part of their income. I am cautiously optimistic that given this is LL's bread and butter they will find a way to make sure we can stay on the MP because right now they are not having to deal with the loss we are but if we start delisting their commission stream dries up. 

6 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

LL could administer a fund for people who want to pay for coverage when LL removes Lindens for fraud. 

You seriously did not just suggest we give more money to LL because they are taking our money.  Are you trying to start a riot?  😉

Not sure how naming people works here but I just had a purchase made by someone whose avatar is 8 years old and online (not responding to IMs) and the item was delivered to an avatar who is a day old. This seems extremely organized surely LL's can see it's the same few people via their IP address. Why are they not putting a permanent ban on them.

Edited by GrandDukeDylan Rothmoor
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, GrandDukeDylan Rothmoor said:

Not sure how naming people works here but I just had a purchase made by someone whose avatar is 8 years old and online (not responding to IMs) and the item was delivered to an avatar who is a day old. This seems extremely organized surely LL's can see it's the same few people via their IP address. Why are they not putting a permanent ban on them.

If they have static IPs. In Europe we use dynamic ones. And most of those guys are in Europe as we found out. But it would be great to see a MAC ban. LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ardy Lay said:

You seriously did not just suggest we give more money to LL because they are taking our money.  Are you trying to start a riot?  😉

If it is possible to band together to ensure against losses due to fraud I would do it. It seems a legit business expense for me.

I have had my own losses however they are not as grave as so many others in this thread. Lately the withdraw happens without being notified. The only way I know of the loss is by looking at my transaction history and seeing a recovery linden; linden adjustment, CSR moved linden dollars. Then I have to run down the amount in my emails to see what the loss actually was. Is anyone else having this problem?

I am in agreement with a few of the suggested ideas. As in, offering us the ability to turn off sending the items as a gift. As a reseller, I have noticed a lot of my sales are sent as gifts to others and I would say 95% of the time I don't have a problem with it being sent as a gift. However with these recent Linden Lab financial increase changes across the board and the unfortunate MP fraudulent purchases isn't reassuring as a reseller. There has and needs to be a way for the middle man to be compensated. The creator of the gacha receives our thoroughly vetted income from Linden Labs (speaking in the terms of those who have verified their ATM / Credit Card and identity through the Linden Lab process.) 

What I don't understand and can't wrap my head around is, I had to scan the front and back of my state driver license along with my social security card to actually be verified! How are these thieves getting away with it?! Why can't we have some type of way to notify each other of copybotters and call them out for who they truly are?

I am by no means read up on the laws but here is a thought. Even though Second Life is an open source program and they offer the service for free. Linden Labs is also a program that transitions fake money into a real life income. Is it not against the law to take without offering compensation or having given the person their product back? Is this not a possible lawsuit waiting to happen? (Which I am NOT suggesting) this is beyond unfair. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OxfordLennox said:

But it would be great to see a MAC ban. LOL

unfortunately MAC and any other type hardware can be spoofed easily enough when a person is determined to cause havoc.  And this person who is doing this appears to be determined

I was contacted this morning @StephanieBell about what was going on in the gacha seller comunity. I had no idea so far. But I start to think, after reading thru the whole discussion, that maybe someone is just buying expensive items and then screems fraud. We should expose them and talk names, so we all can protect ourselves from further damages and ban everybody questionable. Since LL is not doing anything.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.