"Linden Dollar assessment"?

coreyfaure

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Meanwhile I unlisted 6800 items. So now everything is 50 L$ or less. but it's not sales ;-). I am not really "protesting" with this but I want to stay far away from being used for criminal activities and possibly becoming even more a channel for washing stolen money, people account hacked and probably piratery.

I "lost" a ridiculously tiny amount with the assessment. I just hung in at the very beginning of this resuscitated thread just to ask if other had also many L$ assessments lately.  I did not expect what i learned here.

As i was de-listing, LL opened a ticked and informed me that they re-assessed and refunded me. I did not even ask for it.

The thing that got me the final kick, was reading above that a person with an hacked account was used, and did not even know. At that point i realized that weeks ago a person binged 4 full carts from my store, and being a reseller noob, i was not really sure what to think about that.

Now I now.

So now I will have to contact that nice lady, and if all is bad, tell her bad news. I hope not.

Edited by Samara Sharkfin
added frase in italic
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GrandDukeDylan Rothmoor said:

I am still not relisting my MP things though until they start doing this for all let us know what measures they have implemented... Awesome for you though Marquis!

someone just posted they got refunded also. I just replied to Linden labs and ask them if there were safeguards being put into place on the marketplace before I put my items back on. I thanked them for noticing and doing what was right by the honest people of second life and also mentioned there was a very long list on this forum of people waiting for their returns.

but they know already because this forum worked and all of you are awesome!!

...... now what other mountains can we move??!! I’ll relish for the moment that it looks like we are all soon getting our lindens refunded. 

Edited by MarquisdeSadeJustine
  • Like 6

Has anyone else had the money returned to them by LL?

Hello connorboy26,

I have created this case to reach out to you regarding some recent Linden Dollar assessments from your account.

After conducting a secondary review, we have reversed the assessments of L$5490, L$2880, L$10980, and L$8010 (total of L$27,360) on and between the dates of 1/27/2020 - 2/1/2020 from your account. This should now be reflected in your Linden Dollar balance.

We apologize for any frustration and inconvenience this may have caused, and are working on improving this process to reduce the negative impact on our Residents.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Edited by connorboy26
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, mmmlisi4ka said:

I received the following response : We understand your frustration, however, the L$ were correctly voided as per our Terms of Service. While we cannot return the items to you, we can assure you every measure has been taken to secure the accounts and reduce the impact of this fraudulent transaction

I received a notice like that for everytime I have someone do a fraud buy.  They don't seem to understand how condescending that sounds to the one person who not only lost the items that were sold, but the money used to pay for them.I would accept a notice saying we returned the money and closed the account.  as for your innocent role in all this you lose everything, and are not squat out of luck.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, connorboy26 said:

Has anyone else had the money returned to them by LL?

Hello connorboy26,

I have created this case to reach out to you regarding some recent Linden Dollar assessments from your account.

After conducting a secondary review, we have reversed the assessments of L$5490, L$2880, L$10980, and L$8010 (total of L$27,360) on and between the dates of 1/27/2020 - 2/1/2020 from your account. This should now be reflected in your Linden Dollar balance.

We apologize for any frustration and inconvenience this may have caused, and are working on improving this process to reduce the negative impact on our Residents.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

yes I did a few hours ago, still keeping my MP unlisted til they can assure our safety. 

Keep the reversals coming LL! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sashaspooky said:

I received a notice like that for everytime I have someone do a fraud buy.  They don't seem to understand how condescending that sounds to the one person who not only lost the items that were sold, but the money used to pay for them.I would accept a notice saying we returned the money and closed the account.  as for your innocent role in all this you lose everything, and are not squat out of luck.

I fully agree, this is what I tried to explain to them that their policy is outdated, and that gachi sellers lose both the item and the money, and not just get upset - as LL writes in the standard answer

I too have now received an assessment reversal and am pleased for the others who have as well. I have mixed feelings about this.

First and foremost my items were stolen and what I really want are safeguards introduced and a path established for their return. I now have this original frustration tinged with a feeling that I have been bought off - I imagine a group of Lindens sitting round a table saying how do we take the wind from the sails of those pesky gacha resellers and surely they will all just move on for another couple of years if we give throw them some lindens. I am not saying I don't appreciate the LL gesture, I do, it just sits uncomfortable with me.

@Grumpity Linden and @Reed Linden  Merchants still need your help. Please respond back with updates to the forum with measures that are introduced to safeguard the MP. I still feel that giving the gifting option, while it won't alleviate the problem, would help reduce it. 

Thank you all for taking the time to get involved.  

Edited by StephanieBell

It took time for them to reply, maybe two days. I was just asking for any commission fees to be returned to me. They first said no, I was not owed them and explained about why i lost the money and items. Then later automatically sent the second email. I think they will deal with each case as they can. 

Edited by connorboy26
  • Like 1

I can't make the meeting, but these are my suggestions if someone from LL reads this, or if someone wants to share at the meeting.

A separate Insurance program should be in place for sellers who sell transfer/ no copy items.

This could be in the way of;

1) A small percentage of commission from all MP  transferable item sales be set aside to set up an insurance fund for people who lose an item through fraudulent activity. I think with the hike in commission rates, this should already be included for no extra cost at this time.

2) An option at the time of selling where the seller can select the option if they wish to purchase insurance for a small fee. This option allows us not to worry about smaller priced items, but allows us the option to cover rare items and full sets if we choose.

The current climate for resellers has highlighted just how unsafe our investment is. If LL provide the platform, and can't guarantee security, then they could at least provide an option of insurance to avoid sellers having to take listings down or lose money/ items.
Some sellers were hit harder than others, and while i personally could endure this hit, I do not believe the current system is fair.

Thanks for your consideration
connor

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, connorboy26 said:

I can't make the meeting, but these are my suggestions if someone from LL reads this, or if someone wants to share at the meeting.

A separate Insurance program should be in place for sellers who sell transfer/ no copy items.

This could be in the way of;

1) A small percentage of commission from all MP  transferable item sales be set aside to set up an insurance fund for people who lose an item through fraudulent activity. I think with the hike in commission rates, this should already be included for no extra cost at this time.

2) An option at the time of selling where the seller can select the option if they wish to purchase insurance for a small fee. This option allows us not to worry about smaller priced items, but allows us the option to cover rare items and full sets if we choose.

The current climate for resellers has highlighted just how unsafe our investment is. If LL provide the platform, and can't guarantee security, then they could at least provide an option of insurance to avoid sellers having to take listings down or lose money/ items.
Some sellers were hit harder than others, and while i personally could endure this hit, I do not believe the current system is fair.

Thanks for your consideration
connor

And I think the most important thing is two stage verification because if it becomes much harder for scammers to get hold of people's Linden all the other scams sort themselves out pretty much...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tanja Byron said:

I agree, for example you not only have to enter your account data but also the associated email address to register on MP

It is even simpler then that I think Tanja, when any person tries to buy Linden Dollars they should have to put in their password and get sent a verification code to their email on record or phone. cut off the Lindens and the scammers won't even be coming on the MP :)

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.