"Linden Dollar assessment"?

coreyfaure

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, GrandDukeDylan Rothmoor said:

On a proactive note: There are many Gacha groups in SL however in most the sellers just post links to their MP stores or locations to their shops (and then close down the group chat window). I, like quite a few I know, do not want to run around enormous yard sales or sims with gacha stores to find specific items I want. I am inclined to create a new group where buyers can post for the specifics they are looking for and get IMs from sellers. And sellers can list off a couple of their items for sale and state IM me for a notecard with my complete offerings or the like. 

I am primarily a buyer not a major reseller like many of you however if it wasn't for you guys and your vast inventories on MP I would have to spend so much more time hunting down items i want.

If this idea resonates with you or if you have any suggestions please send me a NC or IM Inworld so we can keep this forum primarily focused on the main topic (kinda hypocritical I know but I want to find a way forward!). Please don't leave SL big resellers! You have made life so much sweeter for decorators like me.

I had a gacha resale shop in the world, but as you say there are huge sims full of resale in which you can spend hours without finding what you are looking for, that is why most people use the marketplace, I use it myself to buy items that I need to complete the collections that I sell later. 

People prefer the market to look for gacha items and I closed the world store, since I have more rentals to pay and for me it was an extra expense that doesn't bring me benefit. 

The group you have commented sounds good, at least to be able to sell the things that we cannot offer in the market while the hyenas are lurking...

Edited by Alma Draegonne

1 hour ago, Alma Draegonne said:

But they connect in the world to buy, I have already contacted more than one while they bought me. As they are exaggerated amounts of money, I immediately check them and see that they are sending things to new accounts. More than once they were connected because I spoke to them, one even thanked me for the items ...

But they don't have to be inworld to make the purchase, even if some are.

As gifting transferable items should have removed, taking ability of transferable boxes by the person who has edit rights should be removed, too. This makes losing track. I have got edit rights of some friends and I simply can hit a right click-take if the items are unpriced. So they can do that to me, too. No track, no transactions, no clues.

A reminder/awareness with regard to asking LL to do something:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Governance_User_Group

"The Governance User Group meeting is a bi-weekly, public meeting intended for discussion & education of issues involving Governance such as in-world abuse, Abuse Reports, Forum Reports, Marketplace Reports, etc. Kristin Linden will be your moderator. Please bring your questions & requests.

Meetings are every other Tuesday  at 1:00pm SLT. Meetings are held inworld at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Havenhurst/84/158/2"

Meeting Dates

• February 4, 2020

Edited by StephanieBell
  • Like 7

It happened to me too - LL charged me about 30,000 in 3 days. After that, I accidentally bought an item on the MP and I was listed as the last owner. I bought the item for a price 3 times less than its real price. Everyone understands what this means - this thing was copied. After checking all the data, I found a group that was organized by tekatoka89, which is the largest copybot in SL. The store where I bought the item sells a lot of things bought with stolen Linds. The items that were purchased from me for Alt appeared in this store, and the Alt account was deleted. This is a store  Gacha_Predator by boringman2variva.

The person who bought items for Alt from me says that his account was hacked. Ends in water.
   What do I see as a way out? I don't see it, I created 4 tickets in the LL, but there is no result.

I like the idea to disable the gift giving option for transferable items. As I wrote in the ticket for LL-the LL policy regarding MP is outdated, it needs to be adjusted, given that gacha is now very popular, and it can not be compared with non-transfer items. I am sure that you need to immediately disconnect from SL IP at the slightest case of fraud, I do not understand why thieves and copybots - in one person are in the SL like a fish in water, and only the sellers of gacha suffer.

• Like 2

2FA is probably the only thing that is going to have the biggest impact at prevention, but it would require LL forcing everyone that makes an account to setup 2FA, not offer it as an option.

Then, anyone logging on to any SL service, be it SL itself, MP, the wiki, etc. on a computer different than what they used to set up 2FA or what they used to last log on will HAVE to use 2FA to verify themself.

No exceptions.

Will LL go this far? Most likely not.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mmmlisi4ka said:

It happened to me too - LL charged me about 30,000 in 3 days. After that, I accidentally bought an item on the MP and I was listed as the last owner. I bought the item for a price 3 times less than its real price. Everyone understands what this means - this thing was copied.

Although you may have bought your own item back, there's no way to create new copies of an item with the real creator's name. There's nothing in what you described that would let us conclude that anything was copied.

Edit: Oh wait, woosh. You bought from someone else and you were still the last owner. I got it, weird.

6 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Will LL go this far? Most likely not.

Of course they won't. That'd be a really dumb thing to do.

Offer it as an option and incentivise its use, but don't force it. Did you miss the Tilia kerfuffle? You didn't even have to sign the Tilia agreement. (P.S. I would use 2FA.)

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alma Draegonne said:

I had a gacha resale shop in the world, but as you say there are huge sims full of resale in which you can spend hours without finding what you are looking for, that is why most people use the marketplace, I use it myself to buy items that I need to complete the collections that I sell later. 

People prefer the market to look for gacha items and I closed the world store, since I have more rentals to pay and for me it was an extra expense that doesn't bring me benefit. 

The group you have commented sounds good, at least to be able to sell the things that we cannot offer in the market while the hyenas are lurking...

When I am shopping for a specific item, I will use my area search typing in the designers name and it will bring up all the items in that vicinity. then I just click on the item and zoom in on it. Doing this saves a lot of time, since big malls will have stores offering the same items for different prices.  With that in mind, when I set up my shop/mall area I tried to group all the sets for specific designers in one building.  Using boards and price boxes, I can put thousands of gachas out without eating up the prims. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sashaspooky said:

When I am shopping for a specific item, I will use my area search typing in the designers name and it will bring up all the items in that vicinity. then I just click on the item and zoom in on it. Doing this saves a lot of time, since big malls will have stores offering the same items for different prices.  With that in mind, when I set up my shop/mall area I tried to group all the sets for specific designers in one building.  Using boards and price boxes, I can put thousands of gachas out without eating up the prims. 

I do area searches too but still have to 1) wait for these enormously packed sims to load 2) Sim hop to a whole bunch of sims. The MP is convenient. Cool idea with the grouping.

It happened to me too - LL charged me about 30,000 in 3 days. After that, I accidentally bought an item on the MP and I was listed as the last owner. I bought the item for a price 3 times less than its real price. Everyone understands what this means - this thing was copied.

Although you may have bought your own item back, there's no way to create new copies of an item with the real creator's name. There's nothing in what you described that would let us conclude that anything was copied.

^ actually, it is. If you 'copy bot' a box, the contents AND the original box will be EXACTLY the same as the botted item. So, if the contents of the box are from the creator (even though the box is was sold in is from whomever boxed it) the items that are copied WILL show the original creator also. I'm pretty sure about this. There was lots of discussion about it when botting first became an issue. If I'm wrong, please let me know. 

6 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Хотя вы, возможно, купили свой собственный предмет обратно, нет способа создать новые копии предмета с настоящим именем создателя. В том, что вы описали, нет ничего, что позволило бы сделать вывод, что что-то было скопировано.

Конечно, они не будут. Это было бы действительно глупо.

Предлагайте это как вариант и стимулируйте его использование, но не заставляйте его. Вы скучали по бормотушкам от Tilia? Вам даже не нужно было подписывать соглашение Tilia. (PS Я бы использовал 2FA.)

Perhaps you are not completely aware - if the item is passed without laying on the ground, it will indicate the previous owner, also ask those who have encountered this - the copied items have the correct name of the Creator-apparently, the items are copied "as is"

1 minute ago, Tristan Careless said:

Это случилось и со мной - Л.Л. взял с меня около 30000 за 3 дня. После этого я случайно купил предмет на MP и был указан как последний владелец. Я купил товар по цене в 3 раза ниже его реальной цены. Все понимают, что это значит - эта вещь была скопирована.

Хотя вы, возможно, купили свой собственный предмет обратно, нет способа создать новые копии предмета с настоящим именем создателя. В том, что вы описали, нет ничего, что позволило бы сделать вывод, что что-то было скопировано.

^ На самом деле, это так. Если вы «скопируете бота» в коробку, содержимое И оригинальная коробка ТОЧНО будут такими же, как и у загруженного предмета. Таким образом, если содержимое ящика получено от создателя (даже если ящик был продан от того, кто его упаковал), то скопированные предметы БУДУТ также показывать оригинального создателя. Я почти уверен в этом. Было много дискуссий об этом, когда боты впервые стали проблемой. Если я ошибаюсь, пожалуйста, дайте мне знать. 

you are right - I have written little information, I am afraid of incorrect translation-English is not my native language, so it may look like an unproven fact. You are also right in the second part - my items were copied as you described, and they were purchased with stolen funds, and I am 100 percent sure of my words. All who suffered from theft I think would find their items in this store, but I have now checked - this store and its owner are removed. Did this LL or himself the thief - I do not know, unfortunately. Also, I think everyone already knows Tekatoka 89, and that she is the main copybot in SL. Everyone is tired of her dumping prices - she doesn't care, she sells stolen goods. even now, you can buy things from her in the store with the specified last owner - Tanja Byron, although Tanja never sold her things and wrote to LL many times  about it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mmmlisi4ka said:

you are right - I have written little information, I am afraid of incorrect translation-English is not my native language, so it may look like an unproven fact. You are also right in the second part - my items were copied as you described, and they were purchased with stolen funds, and I am 100 percent sure of my words. All who suffered from theft I think would find their items in this store, but I have now checked - this store and its owner are removed. Did this LL or himself the thief - I do not know, unfortunately. Also, I think everyone already knows Tekatoka 89, and that she is the main copybot in SL. Everyone is tired of her dumping prices - she doesn't care, she sells stolen goods. even now, you can buy things from her in the store with the specified last owner - Tanja Byron, although Tanja never sold her things and wrote to LL many times  about it.

You may be right, and I have also thought about it, since most of the collections that are stolen from me, are the ones that later appear in the copybots stores that are scattered throughout the market, and there are many. Once I made a tracking with several Gacha creators to report it to LL and we found more than 100

UPDATE:

I just received my reversed charges back from linden support!  As a group we have made our voices heard and I thank you all. Please post when you receive your reversed charges back. We still have mountains to move though, this cant happen again to anyone...ever. LL needs to implement proper security so we are all safe to sell our products. I do thank LL for listening and doing whats right for the honest people on second life.

Much appreciated. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MarquisdeSadeJustine said:

UPDATE:

I just received my reversed charges back from linden support!  As a group we have made our voices heard and I thank you all. Please post when you receive your reversed charges back. We still have mountains to move though, this cant happen again to anyone...ever. LL needs to implement proper security so we are all safe to sell our products. I do thank LL for listening and doing whats right for the honest people on second life.

Much appreciated. 

Please post the email here

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tristan Careless said:

and I just got a response to my ticket filed about lost items with a 'sorry, there is nothing more we can do as stated in our policies.' so....I am very happy for you Marquis...not sure yours will be the majority's outcome. Lame

I received the following response : We understand your frustration, however, the L$ were correctly voided as per our Terms of Service. While we cannot return the items to you, we can assure you every measure has been taken to secure the accounts and reduce the impact of this fraudulent transaction

7 minutes ago, GrandDukeDylan Rothmoor said:

Please post the email here

Dear MarquisdeSadeJustine Resident,

You can also reply to this email to add your comment.

Ticket comment 
Kristin Linden – 

Hello MarquisdeSadeJustine,

I have created this case to reach out to you regarding some recent Linden Dollar assessments from your account.

After conducting a secondary review, we have reversed the assessments of L$18,894 & L$4,396 (a total of L$23,290) on 1/27/2020 and 1/29/2020 from your account. This should now be reflected in your Linden Dollar balance.

We apologize for any frustration and inconvenience this may have caused, and are working on improving this process to reduce the negative impact on our Residents.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Kristin Linden
Supervisor, Support Operations
Linden Lab

Edited by MarquisdeSadeJustine
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.