"Linden Dollar assessment"?

coreyfaure

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@ Ox
I think this will be a problem, I will pack my sets in copy, no mod, no trans boxes with my logo on them.
That would have to be unpacked to return it.

I try to make it difficult for fraudsters so that they cannot easily resell my boxes 😉

• Administrators

Hey folks!

I just wanted to drop by to share a little update we have regarding this issue.

After reviewing all of the feedback we received and looking at our internal policies and processes regarding this issue, we have made some changes that should significantly reduce the negative impact on our Merchants.

While we do not expect there to be further assessments made on accounts that are not directly involved in any wrong-doing, if you are assessed and would like for it to be reviewed you are more than welcome to submit a Support case and we will take a look.

We thank you all for your feedback and for your patience during this time. We understand the frustration this may have caused and will continue to work towards improving any processes that result in unnecessary negative experiences for our Residents.

Enjoy this adorable kitten gif.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

My interruption of what Kristin just said is; those who are seen as having done nothing wrong will not be assessed (penalized) for these fraudulent purchases.  If you were gifted items from today they are legally yours to keep. And, if you do receive an assessment then by all means continue to submit a ticket to have it reviewed. 

If I am wrong by all means please clarify.

@KristinLinden - I know we won't be seeing those internal policy changes. However, will we be seeing external Marketplace policy change sometime this year? I would like to thank all Lindens involved in reviewing the policy and making changes to reduce the frustration that these thieves have caused. I am hopeful that the havoc and chaos will start to subside.

Edited by Dessi Tyran
  • Like 2

All of the items sent to my and June Marais's inventory are rezzed to a platform here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gacha 19L/121/125/2501

We didn't want to keep them in our inventories since they were not properly obtained. But we don't want others have the items back together with the lindens stay in their accounts which is very unfair too. If anything will be sent to us we'll rez them here. After a while we'll delete whole thing. I just want to make sure no assessments are done and all the people with hacked accounts are safe.

Thank you to all Lindens have been so helpful on this issue. I know I made you sick of me. I wish you login with our accounts and delete them all.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all for LL pulling L$ gained through fraud out of the economy provided they also pull any items purchased with those L$ as well. Arguably, if it's a no trans item and the account that purchased it is locked, the content creator isn't actually out anything. With Gatchas, I could see an issue since those are often resold on the MP.

• 2 months later...

Just had $28,700 taken from my account, the purchasing account has since been removed from SL by LL.  IF this is a stolen credit card then what happened to the money?  I can't see LL refunding the credit card company.  From my understanding that is the CC companies responsibility to take the loss - after all if LL were selling RL goods they wouldn't be expected to refund it.  So have LL made just over USD100 from this?  If so why do they get to benefit and residents lose out?

1 hour ago, Dancing Lemon said:

Just had $28,700 taken from my account, the purchasing account has since been removed from SL by LL.  IF this is a stolen credit card then what happened to the money?  I can't see LL refunding the credit card company.  From my understanding that is the CC companies responsibility to take the loss - after all if LL were selling RL goods they wouldn't be expected to refund it.  So have LL made just over USD100 from this?  If so why do they get to benefit and residents lose out?

if the credit card company reversed the payment then Tilia didn't get any USD.  After reclaiming the L$28,700. Two things can happen (and only Linden know which of the two happens)

1) Tilia cancels the USD credit the seller received from the sale of the L$, and refunds the seller their L$. This is a no-loss option

2) Linden sinks the L$ and does not return them to the seller. Tilia does not cancel the USD credit the seller received. Effectively Linden have bought the L$ from the seller

i think its 2) but I dunno exactly

9 hours ago, Dancing Lemon said:

File a support ticket using Issue Type: Marketplace > General Marketplace Issues -- explain everything:  what the sold item(s) were, provide transaction logs, etc...

Reference:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.