Deleting my account

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, anara Ansar said:

Thank you for your tips about forgetting password. And clearing my local date on my computer. This is good information to remember. On my computer this is mine. I am the owner. But that is not what I want. I am probably addicted but not as bad. as real drug. I am ok.

I just want my account been deleted for real. Even in the database on the server of LL.

I know that Linden Lab is an american company. But here we have a law "european data protection". I accept if the deletion time is 30 days just in case I change my mind or whatever. I can wait.  But that information should be clear and easy to find.

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/policies/data-protection-reform/

I have the right to ask for deletion of my data (account). That information should be clear, understandable and easy to do. Sometimes deletion is so hard that people just let the account and don't use it. I think the database of LL should be full of non active accounts. But that is not my problem.

My deletion is pending so all is fine.

Capture du 2019-05-02 11-45-40.png

Whatever the eu think american companies are not bound by eu law, just like they probably won't comply with the right the eu grants to see all information they have on you. As far as I know the labs have no european subsidiaries. We euro's are soon up in arms when its america trying to makes its laws apply over here I don't see this as any different on the whole and should be abhorred just as much especially when the EU has shown itself to be completely clueless about internet regulation.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, anara Ansar said:

Thank you for your tips about forgetting password. And clearing my local date on my computer. This is good information to remember. On my computer this is mine. I am the owner. But that is not what I want. I am probably addicted but not as bad. as real drug. I am ok.

I just want my account been deleted for real. Even in the database on the server of LL.

I know that Linden Lab is an american company. But here we have a law "european data protection". I accept if the deletion time is 30 days just in case I change my mind or whatever. I can wait.  But that information should be clear and easy to find.

I have the right to ask for deletion of my data (account). That information should be clear, understandable and easy to do. Sometimes deletion is so hard that people just let the account and don't use it. I think the database of LL should be full of non active accounts. But that is not my problem.

Wishing you well in your RL ❤️

15 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It's one thing to quit Crack by tossing your stash in the river, and a whole other to quit by putting it in a box in the garage just in case you want a hit someday in the future.

Even if the dealer is down the block... getting it out of the house really helps remove the temptation.

Not an apt analogy in any manner. 

Selene understood quite well. 

It is on the user to walk away and stay away - period. 

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, anara Ansar said:

LL's privacy policy addresses GDPR somewhat:  https://www.lindenlab.com/privacy

7 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Not an apt analogy in any manner. 

Selene understood quite well. 

It is on the user to walk away and stay away - period. 

Who?

OP seems to want to avoid the temptation of having access again - which makes it exactly the right analogy. I know the day I need to quit... that's the thinking that'll be on my mind.

Someone takes da stuffz 2 serezlee...  👨‍✈️

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Who?

OP seems to want to avoid the temptation of having access again - which makes it exactly the right analogy. I know the day I need to quit... that's the thinking that'll be on my mind.

Someone takes da stuffz 2 serezlee...  👨‍✈️

Ah yes, because the focus of my responses thus far have been on reality, I take things too seriously... 

Your analogy is wrong, period. The temptation will always be there. 

The junkie tossing their stash is doing nothing whatsoever to prevent going out and getting more. 

That is a matter of willpower - nothing more, nothing less.  They've solved nothing and only gotten a short term reprieve. 

You would have been a bit more accurate to have them toss their stash and then seek help in such a manner that acquiring more is difficult or downright impossible. 

This speaking nothing of just how extreme said "analogy" really is. 

If you have to relate the use of a computer program to such a thing, there's a deeper problem. 

In the end, it's their choice on how to proceed. Going the deletion route is best saved as a last resort though. 

Oh and since you missed the response...

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

In the end, it's their choice on how to proceed. Going the deletion route is best saved as a last resort though. 

The deletion is not even the last resort, if that is the one and only action taking place. Like you said already, the temptation will always be there.

The higher the fence and the sharper the shiny barb wire is, someone has to build around that drug/SL, the more it will remember you what waits behind that barrier. And in a weak moment there is just a need for a ladder and a blanket...

We all are in this second world for a good reason... Whatever it is, i would recommend Anara to try to get in RL what she had in SL. Maybe not to the full extend, because in most cases its just not possible. Speaking for myself, i cant have a green SL paradise island in in RL. But i´ve put a lot of effort into having a terrace at least, stuffed with a lot of plants, flowers and nice lights/candles.

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo

3 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Plants are cool. They give us oxygen and help us stay cooler in warmer weather. Some of them are even good to eat! :ph34r:

Plants are what my food eats. Eating them direct is just.....euw

• Haha 2

On 5/2/2019 at 6:43 AM, anara Ansar said:

sorry.. LL keeps files for years n years on past accounts.. it's true.. anyone can come back at any time n they will still have your account in storage just waiting for ya. sometimes you don't have access to your old email but they'll keep it. :/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Why the heck did none of the rest of us think of this yet?

Because we already have too much stuff and would need a bigger parcel for a bigger house to put all the stuff in?

Thank you George Carlin.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.