-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin

1 minute ago, Syane Jewell said:

If you buy the right furniture you should be able to fill up your house to full.  First thing you should invest in is all that bathroom furniture from LAQ Decor, its amazingly low prim if you can get your hands on it.  they had a few other things i'd suggest as well. :)

Thank you. i must have a look at LAQ. I do have curtains from there that are really low Li but I haven't looked there in ages.

On 4/24/2019 at 9:11 PM, Blush Bravin said:

This thread is dedicated to showing off our homes on the new continent. Please no advertising. Please keep your sight seeing pics for the thread Patch started. This is just for showing off what you've done with your Linden Home and Garden. Here's my first entry.

Of all the homes I looked at during the preview I told myself I'll never live in the Alderley. I just thought it was too small and I hated the layout. But I had a vision of what it could be and I couldn't be happier with it now. It's just surprising how much house this can be. So I'll start you off at my front door.

ps1.thumb.png.4350b97c26d49e28c889692e505fc286.png

The home now has a grand front hall with a view to the backyard. The waiting bench beckons you to the back of the house. On the left of the front door is the huge bathroom.

ps2.thumb.png.fc8d1966bb61d312f64a0c11db8409f5.png

The bath is so big the tub has it's own little alcove with a draped entry. I seriously could have a party inside my bathroom it's so large! Then out into the hall again and into the bedroom.

ps3.thumb.png.66a10a3a47d9438a8beeccdc82ccbe3b.png

My bedroom is so large that I even have room for a chaise.

ps4.thumb.png.eb90b0ebbb822fb19caf16da08eed2ad.png

Moving back down the hall we come to the kitchen.

ps5.thumb.png.814b52797cbe37ce8f29d27d9e23a8dd.png

The glazed french doors lead to the outdoor living space.

ps6.thumb.png.3868ea8f53796d4fccbc83bbff004866.png

And I'll show you what that's like in my next post as I've run out of room for more pics.

Sooooo Gorgeous! Wow!

Where are your curtain from? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

I find it difficult at times too and I am thinking of switching to the Doyle bungalow style Victorian as the Li allowance would be plenty for it. I do find myself constantly checking Li on items now when I go shopping. I didn't really do that before.

I know right, I never checked this before either, but now I am constantly. It's amazing how high most of the items are in LI

1 minute ago, IPOISONIVYI said:

I know right, I never checked this before either, but now I am constantly. It's amazing how high most of the items are in LI

I also find it amazing how low Li some really detailed items are. I don't find it possible to tell just by looking at something whether it will be low or high Li. I'm not a creator so don't really understand why some things that are really detailed and realistic are low Li and other things which look quite simple are high Li. 

• Like 1

My Houseboat in SL.

My Houseboat in SL.

Lights are scripted (by me) to come on when the region-sun is down, and an avatar is on the parcel.
- I might share this script in time, once I clean it up more...

My Houseboat in SL.My Houseboat in SL.

around my collection. I've gotten it to the point now where the cover comes off when you sit on it, and I have a version that shows profile images of sitters (that was built for XXX-sim), and one that has a post at the foot for the 'ruckus' animations...
- No for sale version as I would need fullperm anims for that... (I've been pricing those out - found the fullperm seller for one of the top bento-XXX beds in SL, that stuff is very expensive; which makes sense - I think I could offer a better bed that the seller that's using them, but only a few selections of beds whereas they sell stacks of them... but I'm not sure I could sell enough to make up costs).

My Houseboat in SL.

3 images blacked out as they're nudes. The opposite wall is all nudes so... didn't show that here.

The table and the closer rug, and all the rugs from 'downstairs' are made by "Zinnias" (Zinnia Karu) - a lesser known brand that does Mexican-style furniture. Her sense of style is really nice and very refreshing in an SL that often looks like everyone is copying each other - her stuff all looks unique.

The table with the 'white circle planter above it' was another nice find from / frag.ment's / (marouanne). A fairly small shop with stuff I almost never see that deserves to be seen more.

My Houseboat in SL.

The 'swamp kit' is from 'Love Homes & Garden' (krystali.rabeni) and was just under $500L for a massive kit with all kinds of low land-impact props. Will be going back to them to see what other kinds of things they have.

All the boats there are from 'Bandit / TMS'

My Houseboat in SL.My Houseboat in SL.My Houseboat in SL.

808 camera distance before that other coast comes in. Actually not a bad coastline for mainland... it's much worse up close, but from here it comes in nice.

My Houseboat in SL.

Camera set to 1000... 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Coral Bay/106/181/27

EDIT: In the first image there is a radio on the counter. It was made by me, the script was written by me. It is set to copy/mod and anyone can drop by and click on it to take a copy for themselves. It changes the station on a schedule - and you can edit the script and adjust the schedule and what stations to make the perfect system for yourself.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

My Houseboat in SL.

3 images blacked out as they're nudes. The opposite wall is all nudes so... didn't show that here.

The table and the closer rug, and all the rugs from 'downstairs' are made by "Zinnias" (Zinnia Karu) - a lesser known brand that does Mexican-style furniture. Her sense of style is really nice and very refreshing in an SL that often looks like everyone is copying each other - her stuff all looks unique.

I'm a Zinnias fan, too! Like you, I love how her style is different from what we usually see (plus, I just like Mexican art and designs). That little table set has some fun animations in it. :) 

• Like 2

On 1/7/2020 at 7:58 AM, IPOISONIVYI said:

I struggle so much to just get two Items of furniture in....and by the time I do....I have no prims left

Maybe I am just shopping in the wrong stores and buying too much prim heavy furniture

So...

If you look at my house it will look rather packed... and it is...

What I did was take everything I had and pull a copy into inventory... then go to a sandbox and experiment with linking things...

I got a collective mass of about 140 "land impact" of "static unscripted decor" that was inside my house down to... 64.

Then I was able to go back and "add more loot"... I did the same thing to the stuff I have rezzed outside - but kept these two linksets separate in case I wanted to completely remove my outside decor with ease...

Try that... take a massive copy of ALL your stuff to a sandbox... mess around with linking and unlinking until you find the perfect combo (I could probably save 10+ or more if I removed a few things from my linkset... but I went simple and just linked it ALL).

- Once you get the right combo... go back home, write down the coords of whatever object in your linkset ended up being the 'root object'... and then delete all the stuff you had linked together... rez the new linkset, and move it to those coords...

I suspect some of you could get from a third to half your land impact back.

For the 'advanced users' out there:

- make your avatar 'real life scale' - as in when you rez a prim next to yourself to measure your height, it's the height of a normal human being and not a giant...

- Now google the 'standard height' of every last thing rezzed in your home... I... even measured the 'XXX-toys' for proper dimensions... :P

- Shrink all your stuff to real world sizes. You will find the land impact goes down another 10-50%... A few items won't go down. An extremely rare item will go up (that can be fixed by going to a sandbox and examining each piece of it one by one to determine what part is causing the issue, and unlinking that part... but this can break scripts... thus "extreme advanced users only").

This then makes all your sit poses... wrong... so you'll have to spend a few days to months moving all of those...

- BUT, that is the GOLDEN SECRET to why some of us never seem to run out of land impact... we shrink mesh down 'to scale', mess with links, and lastly shop for low impact stuff and actually move animations out of high land impact stuff and into low impact replacement... (advanced user tactic because things break and then you need to fix them).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm a Zinnias fan, too! Like you, I love how her style is different from what we usually see (plus, I just like Mexican art and designs). That little table set has some fun animations in it. :) 

I perv-cammed somebody to find out about her... maybe it was you? I don't even actually remember... :P

One of the greatest things about Bellisseria has been looking into other people's houses and seeing cool stuff I never knew about. On my viewer right now I've got the profile of a builder I just found from doing that, and am about to go look in the store of... ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Lights are scripted (by me) to come on when the region-sun is down, and an avatar is on the parcel.
- I might share this script in time, once I clean it up more

EDIT: In the first image there is a radio on the counter. It was made by me, the script was written by me. It is set to copy/mod and anyone can drop by and click on it to take a copy for themselves. It changes the station on a schedule - and you can edit the script and adjust the schedule and what stations to make the perfect system for yourself.

Oh that lighting script sounds amazing! I’d love to hear about it if you share it 😍😍😍.

Also thank you for the scripted radio! You’re so clever!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Linking is mostly based on clicking "More info" that is in the Edit window when you edit things.

You get up a new window where it says:

WEIGHTS OF SELECTED

Download

Physics

Server

Display

I don't look at "Physics" and "Display" because I really don't know what it means for linking. Server and Download is what I look at. If the Server number is 0.5, it has potential to be linked with another 0.5 Server object and be 1 Li in total. 

I can not make a mesh object's Li lover than the server number, no matter how much I shrink it.

I look at the Download number. Let us say your object is 2 Li and has a Server number of 0.5, and a Download number of 1.6 - 2, then I try to carefully shrink it, so it is 1.5 or 1.4. The land impact should drop to 1 then. 

I can not link 2 objects that is 1.4 Li with each other, for 1.4 + 1.4 = 2.8. And that round to nearest, that is 3. I have added one land impact when I link two one Li objects. That is not what we are after.

But as long as the sum of the 2 objects Download is under 1.5, and the Server number is 0.5 for both, then I can link 2 objects and get a Li of 1.

I should probably take more pictures of it, but I can't log in now. 

It is fun to make the Li as low as possible by linking, but it is frustrating too. So many 1 Li objects is already 1.5 Download, and so it is nothing to gain by linking. If it is possible to shrink them to 1.4 or 1.3 and find another object that is only 0.1 Download, then I can link them and make them 1 Li. But I also has to look at the Server number. 0.5 + 0.5 = 1. But if one of the objects has a Server number of 0.8 or 1, then the Li for 2 linked objects will not go down.

I am probably explaining this badly, English isn't my #1 language. It is best to do as @Pussycat Catnapsay, take a bunch of stuff and rez it in a sandbox. Then start to edit them, and look at the numbers under "More Info". Practice is the best way to learn. 

edit.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

9 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Server and Download is what I look at. If the Server number is 0.5, it has potential to be linked with another 0.5 Server object and be 1 Li in total. 

I can not make a mesh object's Li lover than the server number, no matter how much I shrink it.

I actually did not know about these 2 sets of numbers and the server number being a hard limit. It does explain a lot about how some objects respond.

I did know about the 1.4 = 1, but 1.4*2=3 issue. Things get complicated when you start having large linksets and dealing with rounding issues. And I always just 'guessed' whether something was 1.3, 1.4, or 1.6 based on what happened when I linked it to this or that... good to have the actual numbers in front of me.

• Like 4

Now I have done it. :ph34r: Done what? I added creek, with animated flowing water, winding around two sides of the house.
(Hmm.. my neighbour's parcel - on the upper left corner - has been fenced from all four sides. They didn't leave open even the side facing the nice sea. Well the fence is quite low and well made so it's ok, not a disturbance for me in any way.)

2020-01-09_Winchester_Creek-1.thumb.jpg.2d84c6c7337d137bb23392c9b32f9ace.jpg

2020-01-09_Winchester_Creek-2.thumb.jpg.d0ed624accba61489086fa6318f43a8c.jpg

Water, water, water... all around! 😀
It's relaxing to sit by the creek and listen to the sound of the flowing water and the chirping of the birds. Perfect. 🙂

2020-01-09_Winchester_Creek-3.thumb.jpg.9774e3db01f362b5198dee82619b7ed1.jpg

• Like 24

52 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

(Hmm.. my neighbour's parcel - on the upper left corner - has been fenced from all four sides. They didn't leave open even the side facing the nice sea. Well the fence is quite low and well made so it's ok, not a disturbance for me in any way.)

Maybe they have a big dog or other pet that they need to fence in.   xD

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

I have to wonder if it also has one of those 'don't tread on me' signs on the fence somewhere... ;)

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

Now I have done it. :ph34r: Done what? I added creek, with animated flowing water, winding around two sides of the house.
2020-01-09_Winchester_Creek-1.thumb.jpg.2d84c6c7337d137bb23392c9b32f9ace.jpg
Water, water, water... all around! 😀🙂

Everytime someone says 'water' repeatedly followed by 'all around' I start hearing an old Iron Maiden song...

" Water, water everywhere nor any drop to drink."

So... anyway... where is this? I'm curious to look over how you did the creek and maybe get that kit for future use somewhere. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

So impressive, that looks like a masive undertaking, congratulations on the result!! It's a great idea for weirdos like me obssesed with being close to water; I've left so many great locations because there was no river nearby. Soooo, in the future I'll consider creating my own!!!

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Water, water, water... all around! 😀
It's relaxing to sit by the creek and listen to the sound of the flowing water and the chirping of the birds. Perfect. 🙂

I'm one of those that don't want a plot right on the ocean partly because of the sand lots most of them have and partly because all of those plots just feel too exposed to me.  I do like your created river look though and think that I might have to expand my tiny little pond with super tiny waterfall to actually flow and wind a bit farther.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Everytime someone says 'water' repeatedly followed by 'all around' I start hearing an old Iron Maiden song...
" Water, water everywhere nor any drop to drink."
So... anyway... where is this? I'm curious to look over how you did the creek and maybe get that kit for future use somewhere. :)

The location for my house, where the creek is, is here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/North Waddling/182/249/23
Anybody interested is welcome to have a look. There is no security orb in the parcel.

I used the water from this package for the creek's end ponds:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Skye-Water-System-Natural-Water-Materials-Enabled/7483345 

And this package has all the necessary items to make the creek with flowing water:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Skye-Animated-River-Building-Set-Pack-1-Flowing-Water/17458212

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

This seems like a good thread for this question:  I've been tearing apart various furniture pieces that I have that contain throw pillows, because I wanted a few to put in other places. Some are easily retextured, even if they are mesh. However, what I'm encountering is the mesh complexity.  Even if it is only one LI, does it really need over 12,000-15,000 triangles for something that is roughly .5 x .5 x .5, give or take a bit? 

So........ my question to all of you decorating experts is:  Would you please recommend someplace to buy decent throw pillows that are Copy/Mod, have good enough LOD to not fall apart from across the room but without an excessive amount of triangles, and preferably not costly a ton of L$.

Or am I being too nit-picky here since I really don't know a lot about creating mesh?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

(I hope I got what you were asking because I usually make up different stories!! @LittleMe Jewell)

Disfunctionality has a group gift of two pillows, 1Li the set, that are copy/mod.

What Next has several pillows, same copy/mod, usually around 2Li. Actually, they still have in the VIP group room a set of two lovely pillows in blue and red stripes, perfect for a camper or house boat. 

If you get any of the Maya homes, fully furnished (between 50L and 99L), you get a lot of items within them, that are copy/mod/can be unlinked once the home is rezzed. There's actually a log with two pillows in my garden that is just 3Li and looks great. 

Also, not pillows but close to: I got some poofs by Upcycled, in different textures, copy/mod, that look great and are only 2Li each. I got them at the Marketplace. 

Both the poofs and the logs are placed in my home, so If you want to check, stop by, I have no security system 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Does anyone know if there was a wrap-around porch ever created for the Winchester similar to the one for the Continental that Blush did?
I thought there had been but maybe not? I have already purchased a lot of add-on's but don't seem to be able to come up with one. I'm not talking about the front/side balcony that Marianne and others including Fayed made - I have a desire for one that goes all along the house and all I find are ones that are the full front and 1/2 of only one side of the house. Just not enough!

Edited by Elora Lunasea