-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin

20 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I need to work with recalculating normals. Sometimes the transparent side is turned out, it is hard to see before it's textured in SL. Especially on small details like the baseboards

Mentioning this just in case you don't already know :) ................

If you enable Face Orientation from the Viewport Overlays menu, all inverted faces will show in red :

1.thumb.png.bc54dfe189fbb017bb1735d2487cf1fa.png

2.thumb.png.17e9ffe3d888225a166a8df18c425dc6.png

Personally, I prefer to work with Backface Culling ( Viewport Shading menu ) always enabled. Then I can flip inverted faces as soon as they are created.

3a.thumb.png.14547fc6686a05bae85fe8dfbcb2386e.png

20 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I can:

Lower the windows.

They will then look unnaturally low. The room with the blue wall is the second floor. The windows is lower there, because of the gable. It is a much better height

Edit the windows, stretch them to size.

Or make the wall shorter. This can give the outside a shorter look compared to the original house.

Students of architecture spend 5 years at college just to be able to answer questions like that. 😚

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, RaeLeeH said:

One I built. The one in those pics has the bathroom floor and shower recess built in so it's all one mesh. It's not perfect by any means and not scripted which means I have to drag/drop the Linden wall textures included in the creator pack to change them, and its not officially for sale, but if you would like a copy let me know. If not that's okay too. :) 

thank you very much , id love that 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

Love that closet.  Is it part of one of your add-ons?

The wall with the arched opening is part of an add-on I never got around to completing and thus it's not for sale. The actual closet pieces are from Bazar. The curtain at the opening is a simple texture applied to regular prims.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

First of all, hello all! I have been following this thread and 'When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?' for about a month but I never got to saying hi. Funny story one day I woke up logged into the second life web page where you chose a home and bellisseria was available. When I got a house I was shocked and so happy, first I thought it was an abandon but turns out it was the release of Cadhaire 😀 So after changing the house and redecorating it 20 times I can finally say I'm somewhat happy with it.

LEX9Vnu.png

o11MbYg.png

bCRMemZ.png

5UkBxKb.png

GahEc3d.png

• Like 19

I am tinkering with my add-on, and have finally placed it up in Humansville. I am looking for what I must upload again. The floors and a wall so far. Some things can only be seen when I rez it in place. But the house is "working" with the physics. 55 LI now with all windows and stairs in.

Before, Winchester with no windows this way:

1155288283_boringview_001.png.fc271f47f30f64a6f043eafb79d53859.png

And now:

1880334058_boringview_005.png.3e2c59c67dc853036c6bd05245af5735.png

I was worried about the tree, but not a leaf through the wall. Only the railing, and that is charming.

2133864793_boringview_004.png.82e0c5c1cc91cdffad935de59ce50ad4.png

Edited by Marianne Little
Found another picture
  • Like 16

Working on the pool and major outdoor deck. The Linden hedges are too tall to look over. But with a built up terrace, they are the perfect height to look out over and enjoy the view.

This was one of the reasons for the windowless wall.

Not sure how I will organize this with the pool and the stairs up, but I am 99,99% sure that the part with the glass railing will stay. There will be a sitting group here, with perfect view over the water.

pool project_001.png

pool project_002.png

• Like 12

The garden is in good progress. The super tall Linden hedges was making it a claustrofobic and closed space. Now, I open up and is so happy with it.

The pool became this size, because I ripped off animations from a Maya's house and found it easier to work with the same size, no editing of poses neded.

pool side_003ed.jpg

pool side_002ed.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Thank you,  I wish I could use the glass railing, but it has no parts for stairs or corners.

That's a shame. I was going to suggest maybe try and mesh it? But then I remembered my nightmares with Blender and decided maybe it's not that easy after all. At least the lines on the railing you have instead (not the glass one) kind of reflects the same hard lines seen in the building and especially the add-on you made with the glass roof. I think it flows well, personally.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

That's a shame. I was going to suggest maybe try and mesh it? But then I remembered my nightmares with Blender and decided maybe it's not that easy after all. At least the lines on the railing you have instead (not the glass one) kind of reflects the same hard lines seen in the building and especially the add-on you made with the glass roof. I think it flows well, personally.

I am sloppy in Blender, the elegant metal brackets that hold the glass would drive me insane. It is very beautiful work, but not versatile.

The one I used instead, the metal/white wood stair and railing is 7 LI when linked, so yay.

I need instant gratification, so I am often tossing a thing away and proceed with another option, if it can give me fast results.

• Like 3

I plan to use the large room downstairs in the original Winchester for the new bathroom. I am going to split it in two with a wall and door, and use one of the parts a bathroom, and the one where I go into the add-on as a laundry room. The other room downstairs, with two smaller and one large window, will be library/office.

The add-on will be an open kitchen/living room and the bedroom on top. I am not sure how much I can decorate before the LI run out. I am focusing on interior now, not the garden. I will have some flowers and decor around the entrance, but not huge flowerbeds as I used to have in my other Bellisseria homes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I plan to use the large room downstairs in the original Winchester for the new bathroom. I am going to split it in two with a wall and door, and use one of the parts a bathroom, and the one where I go into the add-on as a laundry room. The other room downstairs, with two smaller and one large window, will be library/office.

The add-on will be an open kitchen/living room and the bedroom on top. I am not sure how much I can decorate before the LI run out. I am focusing on interior now, not the garden. I will have some flowers and decor around the entrance, but not huge flowerbeds as I used to have in my other Bellisseria homes.

Hi, If you want to fill it, go to prim possible and grab a couple rooms. A whole room of furniture for 1 prim and they are changeable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

Hi, If you want to fill it, go to prim possible and grab a couple rooms. A whole room of furniture for 1 prim and they are changeable

Yes, I really appreciate the low LI things they have. But I am not very passionate about it. They are no mod, but changes color and texture in a menu. There are no size adjustments, and it is very, very large furniture. The price for copy is enormous. I have their bathroom, that looks sort of ok, and a sofa indoor/outdoor set, where I lost the sofa and only has the chairs. I consider buying the corner sofa. That one looks better than the rest, I think.

It is very generous of them to give away all the lamps and ceiling fans! Almost every one can be bought for 0 linden. And also their boxed freebies on the marketplace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also have an animesh baby. I would put her away but my real life children (age 3 and 9) insist she be out in my SL house.

Decorating around her is a challenge but I managed it. Still not done with the yard but have 85 LI left to play with things. I used a few add ons to create a second bedroom, add a laundry room and bathroom, add a back deck and a carport. I can probably switch out the bedroom for something lower LI but I like this set. Carport and the deco car were the insistence of my RL son who is obsessed with VWs.

bath1_001.jpg

bath2_001.jpg

bed1_001.jpg

bed2_001.jpg

ext_002.jpg

entry1_001.jpg

entry2_001.jpg

extft_001.jpg

laundry_001.jpg

lvg1_001.jpg

lvg2_001.jpg

office_001.jpg