-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I know many do not like big add-ons. I tried to make this more interesting than a long shoebox by making the roof height different and have a break in the long wall. The doors open in and it is 2 steps up to the terrace. All built by me and not for sale. I really like the height of an open ceiling. Kitchen and dining table behind the half wall.

Everything goes inside the border, nothing is linked to cross into public space. The brown/white parasol and chairs are the Mole's. The pool is only a splis splash pool of course, since we can not terraform.

Bellisseria transforming a sand parcel

I'm one of those people who generally don't like large add-ons.  Many aren't done particularly well and they can be a challenge to adequately decorate on a limited LI allowance.  My other peeve is when they have a chimney attached, but there is no fireplace. 

Personal peeves aside, this is very nicely done, assuming the rest of the house isn't empty.  My one minor quibble is that you clearly did not get a proper building permit, or you paid off the inspector, as the roof will eventually develop a leak in the recessed corner shown below.  Of course, since you can control the weather, it likely won't be a problem.  

Just joking...mostly.  Really, nice work, and I appreciate people who don't want to sell their creations.  So bonus points for that.

Screenshot 2020-10-20 122436.png

Edited by Matthieu Quander
Too many asides.
  • Like 7
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Personal peeves aside, this is very nicely done, assuming the rest of the house isn't empty.  My one minor quibble is that you clearly did not get a proper building permit, or you paid off the inspector, as the roof will eventually develop a leak in the recessed corner shown below.  Of course, since you can control the weather, it likely won't be a problem.  

LOL - love the comical comments here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I know many do not like big add-ons. I tried to make this more interesting than a long shoebox by making the roof height different and have a break in the long wall. The doors open in and it is 2 steps up to the terrace. All built by me and not for sale. I really like the height of an open ceiling. Kitchen and dining table behind the half wall.

Everything goes inside the border, nothing is linked to cross into public space. The brown/white parasol and chairs are the Mole's. The pool is only a splis splash pool of course, since we can not terraform.

Beautiful work. I'm not much of a builder, and would love to find roof skylights like you've added -- to help bring in the sun. So far, I haven't found anything like that on the MP.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kayden Oconnell said:

Beautiful work. I'm not much of a builder, and would love to find roof skylights like you've added -- to help bring in the sun.

For me, one of the big pleasures of using an addon is being able to customize the windows!  We put stained glass textures on the windows of one room of an addon, and on a many-windowed bedroom we removed the one-prim-each shades and made a window system that darkens the windows when we like.

For skylights, wouldn't a simple framed glass panel do?  Here's a full-perm one, haven't gone to look so no idea about LOD.  No maps in this inexpensive product, but I don't know that I would spend any time making a custom texture for the frame if I wanted a different wood, I'd just tint it lol.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Full-Perm-Mesh-Single-Plate-Glass-Framed-Windows-by-Psys-Creations/12353160

I would think that some of the usual suspects for full-perm home parts (ER/Simple Reflections, Zimberlabs, lalala) would be sure to have a simple framed window panel you could make skylights out of.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

For me, one of the big pleasures of using an addon is being able to customize the windows!  We put stained glass textures on the windows of one room of an addon, and on a many-windowed bedroom we removed the one-prim-each shades and made a window system that darkens the windows when we like.

For skylights, wouldn't a simple framed glass panel do?  Here's a full-perm one, haven't gone to look so no idea about LOD.  No maps in this inexpensive product, but I don't know that I would spend any time making a custom texture for the frame if I wanted a different wood, I'd just tint it lol.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Full-Perm-Mesh-Single-Plate-Glass-Framed-Windows-by-Psys-Creations/12353160

I would think that some of the usual suspects for full-perm home parts (ER/Simple Reflections, Zimberlabs, lalala) would be sure to have a simple framed window panel you could make skylights out of.

Yah, but this assumes that I know enough about building to build an add-on to put the window into, or find an add-on that could be modified to add a roof panel, and that I would have any idea how to do that. I'm happy buying stuff, not interested in learning how to build. 

• Like 1

Oh!  I'm sorry!  I assumed that when you said you wanted to find skylights, you were interested in finding them as components. 

If everyone were a builder, the marketplace would go kerploof, so you are probably a more valuable citizen to SL then a tinkerer like myself :)

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

WOW, that is totally stunning!  I have a Winchester add-on that I am quite fond of but it is a shame you don't sell your creations.  Is it possible to lurk nearby to get a more detailed view?

This link places you outside the plot, I will probably abandon it next week.

It is because I have paid Premium month - by  - month in case this avatar should get a Stilt home. I can just as well take it off Premium since we don't know when they are released and when the cloud uplift will be finished.

It's sad to let it go, on the other side, it is great houses abandoned all the time. I believe I can get a good location back if I want to, I trust it more than I did a year ago.

I can not continue to pay for a property I don't use. No matter how perfect it is.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kahuna/209/220/23

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a few word to clarify what I mean
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I'm one of those people who generally don't like large add-ons.  Many aren't done particularly well and they can be a challenge to adequately decorate on a limited LI allowance.  My other peeve is when they have a chimney attached, but there is no fireplace. 

Personal peeves aside, this is very nicely done, assuming the rest of the house isn't empty.  My one minor quibble is that you clearly did not get a proper building permit, or you paid off the inspector, as the roof will eventually develop a leak in the recessed corner shown below.  Of course, since you can control the weather, it likely won't be a problem.  😁

Just joking...mostly.  Really, nice work, and I appreciate people who don't want to sell their creations.  So bonus points for that.

I see that I have the oposite issue, a fireplace but no chimney. Happy to say it's fixed now.

I always think about that, can I fill the house with furniture? I have seen some big add-ons that leaves the original house empty. That is a bit pointless, since the function is to add more rooms, because there is a need for it. And also, to use the house differently. The first house I had in Bellisseria used the front room downstairs as a kitchen, the other room was a living room, upstairs divided with a bath insert. I think this bath was the first add-on made, along with pergolas and then came the real add-ons that was an attached room with roof and walls.

added a few words to clarify
  • Like 5

What you see is the house with Halloween decor and flowers outside, a sauna under the veranda I built (not pictured). 5 Li free after I added a chimney. It is enough to auto-attach the low li things from furniture.

First image is the add-ons other side. It is also a coffee station but I could not take lots of pictures of every room.

Inside my Winchester house in BellisseriaInside my Winchester house in BellisseriaInside my Winchester house in BellisseriaInside my Winchester house in BellisseriaInside my Winchester house in BellisseriaInside my Winchester house in BellisseriaInside my Winchester house in Bellisseria

The big image in the music room is there because I have an outdoor sauna on the other side of the wall. So the blinds are drawn, and I think it is prettier with a picture than looking at blinds.

added a few words to clarify
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

This link places you outside the plot, I will probably abandon it next week.

It is because I have paid Premium month - by  - month in case this avatar should get a Stilt home. I can just as well take it off Premium since we don't know when they are released and when the cloud uplift will be finished.

It's sad to let it go, on the other side, it is great houses abandoned all the time. I believe I can get a good location back if I want to, I trust it more than I did a year ago.

I can not continue to pay for a property I don't use. No matter how perfect it is.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kahuna/209/220/23

I visited, thank you very much for the invitation.  Interesting houseboats neighbors you have:   :D

2106443547_AboardtheBellisseriaExpress4_001.thumb.jpg.115490939fcf1f632516b29151d8203e.jpg

30548605_AboardtheBellisseriaExpress5_001.thumb.jpg.b5aabb21e098b030979589b033759518.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 11

Style: Traditional - Winchester

Add-ons: Extra room for the bath; Partition upstairs to divide ours and our son’s bedroom

First time I invested time and L$ into my home. I used to just live in fully furnished rentals on the mainland all these years and did not even have a single furniture set in my inventory until I moved to Bellisseria and LOVED living here so much. I feel like I will not be playing GoH in a while  ̷o̷r̷ ̷m̷a̷y̷b̷e̷ ̷u̷n̷t̷i̷l̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷ ̷n̷e̷w̷ ̷h̷o̷m̷e̷s̷ ̷a̷r̷e̷ ̷r̷e̷l̷e̷a̷s̷e̷d̷ ̷o̷r̷ ̷s̷o̷m̷e̷o̷n̷e̷ ̷f̷r̷o̷m̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷ ̷n̷o̷r̷t̷h̷e̷r̷n̷ ̷b̷a̷y̷ ̷a̷r̷e̷a̷ ̷a̷b̷a̷n̷d̷o̷n̷s̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷i̷r̷s̷ ̷l̷o̷l̷  I am perfectly content f̷o̷r̷ ̷n̷o̷w̷

20201022_222808.thumb.jpg.efdb57234227b40b114567830278f23a.jpg20201022_222905.thumb.jpg.d94a68c8ea6aa1df308544b0556e06f0.jpg20201022_222831.thumb.jpg.2746672826984713dac45a8ee43e3d8e.jpg20201022_222912.thumb.jpg.5065fa64042eefb6c8dbabb7312192b1.jpg20201022_222856.thumb.jpg.f36f2fb568f008c36dc6741aced12ac2.jpg20201022_222746.thumb.jpg.d77cdc385946eb3b4864cd8f01260a9e.jpg

• Like 15