Be still my beating heart...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Slow down, fashionistas!  I'm right with you, I have longed for cloth dynamics and collision detection for over a decade now.  Major animation programs like LightWave have had them for over 20 years.  But doing this in an animation program that can take as long as it likes to render each frame is something very different from doing it in a simulation that has to run in real time.

Darn it.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Slow down, fashionistas!  I'm right with you, I have longed for cloth dynamics and collision detection for over a decade now.  Major animation programs like LightWave have had them for over 20 years.  But doing this in an animation program that can take as long as it likes to render each frame is something very different from doing it in a simulation that has to run in real time.

Darn it.

Ah well - t'was a lovely dream while it lasted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Darn it.

I didn't have the heart to burst any bubbles. Thanks for letting them down easy.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
need moar cofeve
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Darn it.

But, ok so I can't walk across a crowded bar sashaying my skirt. But how about for static poses. I would be willing to wait for my skirt, or towl, or sheet or whatever piece of cloth to settle over my body for a picture. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Talligurl said:

But, ok so I can't walk across a crowded bar sashaying my skirt. But how about for static poses. I would be willing to wait for my skirt, or towl, or sheet or whatever piece of cloth to settle over my body for a picture. 

Lauren Bacall did it best. ;)

75UE.gif

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.