Linden home

Lynn Zelin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

24 answers to this question

Sorry, Lynn...nobody but LL knows when the next batch of the new homes will be available.  In the meantime, there's no need to be homeless.  You can:

• Get another "traditional" Linden Home, or
  • Buy a Mainland parcel of up to 1024 sq m, and put any house on it you like.

On 4/18/2019 at 9:05 AM, Lynn Zelin said:

I am guessing all the new Linden homes are taken. I abandoned my old linden house and now I ant get one of the new ones...Please don't let me be homeless...lol..Do we know how long before I can get one? I want one of the traditional ones. 

Keep an eye on the Blogs and on this thread:

On 4/18/2019 at 10:05 AM, Lynn Zelin said:

I don't want to be homeless... :(

I don't know anyone who would! I was lucky enough to grab a traditional...somehow lol. Currently I am not using it as my PC is in the middle of a long-needed parts upgrade. I can log into the 3D viewer but for an extremely limited amount of time as the lag just drives me bonkers. You're more than welcome to stay at mine until you're able to get one of your own, or pay-to-rent. :) I'll log into the 3D for you to help get you moved in and such! If you're still interested, throw an IM my way. :)

Is it official (Patch) that more houseboats will be coming out soon, but the houses?  The "best" educated guess that "I" have heard (not official) is maybe June's end. There is a TON of work that has to be done. It isn't just flipping a switch. So pay close attention so you don't miss out a second time. There are MANY folks waiting for the next batch. 

18 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Is it official (Patch) that more houseboats will be coming out soon, but the houses?  The "best" educated guess that "I" have heard (not official) is maybe June's end. There is a TON of work that has to be done. It isn't just flipping a switch. 

From looking at the SSP regions, this looks to be true.  It has to take a lot of hours to create the house areas and there is very little to be seen past the initial batch.  Given the screams for houseboats, it makes sense to focus on those right now.

• Like 2

@Lynn Zelin,

There are many ways to get "one little house".

• The original Linden Homes, with 175 prim allowance, are available.  All it takes is a Premium membership. 
  • More of the new, larger Linden Homes will be available soon.  You need to be Premium to get one of these, too.  If you have an original style Linden Home, you can abandon it and switch to the larger one when more become available.
  • You can buy a vacant Mainland parcel, either directly with the "Buy Land" button in World/Parcel Details, or through the land auctions on this site.  This option also requires a Premium membership.
  • You can rent Mainland from another resident.  Some rentals are vacant land, others have a home on them that you furnish and decorate, and still others offer complete, furnished residences.  No Premium membership needed.
  • You can lease a parcel of land on a Private Estate.  No Premium membership required.

Lindal Kidd I already have a premium account and have had for quite some time.  when the new homes came out I abandoned the one i had to get the new ones but they were all taken.  I had tried for 5 days still hearing of folks getting theres even the day before.  with no luck.  now I am just waiting. I will keep my premium membership..I'm not letting go of it.  I will just have to wait till whenever I guess to get in my new linden home. 

3 hours ago, Lynn Zelin said:

I will just have to wait till whenever I guess to get in my new linden home. 

Just as with the OLD Linden Homes, people come and go, so you might get lucky and request one of the new ones right after someone else abandoned one.  You never know.  I've seen comments here in the forums about people who have lucked out that way this week.  Linden Lab is putting out new homes regularly now, though, so the numbers are increasing.  Keep your eye on

On 4/18/2019 at 10:05 AM, Lynn Zelin said:

I am guessing all the new Linden homes are taken. I abandoned my old linden house and now I ant get one of the new ones...Please don't let me be homeless...lol..Do we know how long before I can get one? I want one of the traditional ones. 

I know what you mean.  I abandoned my old linden house as well.  I want one of the traditional ones as well. ❤️

I am a Premium Member as well.  I recently fell, so have had to take some time resting (with pain pills).   Hoping to get one of the new ones before the 16th if possible.  Before my fall, I had purchased tickets to go up and see my son and his family. My grand son's 3rd birthday is this month. 

I've been wandering around the new lands hoping to find a possibility of a home available.  Nothing yet.

Blessings.

7 hours ago, xvxRUBYxvx Praga said:

Hoping to get one of the new ones before the 16th if possible

Based on deductive reasoning of everything I've seen written by Lindens and Moles, etc., my hypothesis is sometime today (May 9) between 12PM and 6PM (SL time) or on Monday the 13th (most likely) between 9AM and 12PM SL time, with Tuesday the 14th as a distant third in likeliness. Just a guess. I base this on things said by Patch and Moles and the typical history (13 years for me and from what I recall over those years) of when Linden Lab likes to do things like this.

So I would say it is an absolutely definite possible maybe could be.

Hello,

I subscribed for a SL premium account specifically to get the new LL home, but it is still not available. More than a month has passed, and still there is no news about it.

Please inform me when can I expect the new LL homes to become available? Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Irene Forsythe said:

Hello,

I subscribed for a SL premium account specifically to get the new LL home, but it is still not available. More than a month has passed, and still there is no news about it.

Please inform me when can I expect the new LL homes to become available? Thank you.

Watch the LL blogs and the Linden Homes forums.  They have said "soon"  there are tons of posts about the homes in the Linden Homes forum

On 5/9/2019 at 8:39 AM, Alyona Su said:

Based on deductive reasoning of everything I've seen written by Lindens and Moles, etc., my hypothesis is sometime today (May 9) between 12PM and 6PM (SL time) or on Monday the 13th (most likely) between 9AM and 12PM SL time, with Tuesday the 14th as a distant third in likeliness. Just a guess. I base this on things said by Patch and Moles and the typical history (13 years for me and from what I recall over those years) of when Linden Lab likes to do things like this.

So I would say it is an absolutely definite possible maybe could be.

Thank you for the chuckle. ;)    As I've just taken a peek to see if they listed the new locations yet, and they aren't there.. I fear your hypothesis needs a little more "tweaking". ;)

On 5/9/2019 at 9:29 AM, Irene Forsythe said:

Hello,

I've been a Premium for over 11 years dear.  I would say at this time with Patch Linden closed his post about the new places, that it is more than likely won't be available any time soon.  And they won't inform you personally.  They usually just out of the blue post a notice about it on their blog here and if you're lucky to catch the post and get in when the wave hits, maybe you might get lucky enough to get one.  Hang in there though, one never knows when...  Blessings.

4 hours ago, xvxRUBYxvx Praga said:

Thank you for the chuckle. ;)    As I've just taken a peek to see if they listed the new locations yet, and they aren't there.. I fear your hypothesis needs a little more "tweaking". ;)

They actually did a 709 Houseboat release this morning - so yeah her prediction was a little off, but the release has happened (and all houseboats have been taken).

4 hours ago, xvxRUBYxvx Praga said:

I would say at this time with Patch Linden closed his post about the new places, that it is more than likely won't be available any time soon.  And they won't inform you personally.  They usually just out of the blue post a notice about it on their blog here and if you're lucky to catch the post and get in when the wave hits, maybe you might get lucky enough to get one. 

Patch's post has been closed to comments since the day he created it last month.  He has added updates, but never opened it for comments.  Anyone could have gone to the thread and click on the "Follow" button, set their notifications to email, and they would have received an email for every update that Patch did.

He updated it yesterday around noon or so SLT and said that the release of the new houseboats would be within 24 hours.   When he updated it again at roughly 10:00 am SLT, to say that the houseboats had been released, he also added the following comment:
"We know they will go very quickly, but as time goes on we will get more out, and hopefully faster.
Our next focus will be to bring more Traditional Homes plus more Houseboats in another smaller launch while working in parallel to a larger launch and an exciting new theme. 
As usual, stay tuned here for more updates!
"

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Anyone could have gone to the thread and click on the "Follow" button, set their notifications to email, and they would have received an email for every update that Patch did.

Noting again that did NOT happen for me today. Could be that the web server was in cardiac arrest, as we know how all that went. So counting on that instant update isn't the best plan it seems. In theory maybe, but not in practice. Also my alt who was looking at houseboats (not to keep) was supposed to get an email about her new home (and the email address is correct) and that didn't happen -- ever. 

So something to think about when folks ask about the next release. There are better ways to handle that overload but most likely not a priority. 

28 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

... my alt who was looking at houseboats (not to keep) was supposed to get an email about her new home (and the email address is correct) and that didn't happen ...

Forgive my presumption but are those emails being 'auto placed' in your email spam folder ? That was happening to mine unknown to me until I was advised to check.

24 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

Forgive my presumption but are those emails being 'auto placed' in your email spam folder ? That was happening to mine unknown to me until I was advised to check.

Nope.   Checked.  I did get ONE from Patch's thread but not in a timely manner.  But not today's. May have been "server overload" as we all seemed to have major issues and continuous error messages. But if people are counting on that message to alert them when it is TIME  .....

Edit: Actually I don't have a spam folder and the new ISP that now has my email seems NOT to filter either. Happily I spent over a decade getting RID of all my junk mail, so not an issue for me. 

Thanks for the thought. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, xvxRUBYxvx Praga said:

I've been a Premium for over 11 years dear.  I would say at this time with Patch Linden closed his post about the new places, that it is more than likely won't be available any time soon.  And they won't inform you personally.  They usually just out of the blue post a notice about it on their blog here and if you're lucky to catch the post and get in when the wave hits, maybe you might get lucky enough to get one.  Hang in there though, one never knows when...  Blessings.

ACTUALLY I think the most foolproof method for knowing when it is TIME is to simply watch the map.  The closer we got to noon this time the more likely it would be "any minute now". I was refreshing the screen before the announcement (I never actually SAW that announcement) came out. About that time the houseboats and some houses started showing up and the website started giving out continuous error messages. That was a hint there. One look at the map and it was obvious that the game was afoot :D.

Having thoroughly enjoyed the first release last month with lots of chatting and laughter and congrats and such from other citizens, I have to say this was much more stressful and I didn't even want a houseboat :D.  But there really isn't any other way that I can see. Eventually things will even out and plots won't be so difficult to get ---- but until then, it's going to be tough.  

On 5/16/2019 at 12:49 AM, Chic Aeon said:

ACTUALLY I think the most foolproof method for knowing when it is TIME is to simply watch the map.  The closer we got to noon this time the more likely it would be "any minute now". I was refreshing the screen before the announcement (I never actually SAW that announcement) came out. About that time the houseboats and some houses started showing up and the website started giving out continuous error messages. That was a hint there. One look at the map and it was obvious that the game was afoot :D.

Having thoroughly enjoyed the first release last month with lots of chatting and laughter and congrats and such from other citizens, I have to say this was much more stressful and I didn't even want a houseboat :D.  But there really isn't any other way that I can see. Eventually things will even out and plots won't be so difficult to get ---- but until then, it's going to be tough.  

I just got the map, stumbled on that one.  I actually have 2 premium accounts.  One for my main, one for my builder.  I was out of state for a week.  Was kind of hoping to come back to the chance to get at least one.  Someone recently told me to just keep refreshing my house thing.  So, now my time is spent in refreshing.  I don't go by "any minute now" because depending on where you are at (I am in CST), one can never be certain to when they mean it or not.  

I thought about joining the Community just to be in the loop, but not being a resident, I wasn't sure if that was allowed, and didn't want to cause any problems with a chance to get a home.  I have now been finding myself wandering in the different regions, and having people come up to me asking me if I am a spy *facepalms*   

I do look forward though eventually getting a home, and would like to be part of the community.  I just feel lost these days, and lonely at times.

Anyways.. thank you for your input.  It is greatly appreciated.  Blessings.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:16 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

They actually did a 709 Houseboat release this morning - so yeah her prediction was a little off, but the release has happened (and all houseboats have been taken).

Patch's post has been closed to comments since the day he created it last month.  He has added updates, but never opened it for comments.  Anyone could have gone to the thread and click on the "Follow" button, set their notifications to email, and they would have received an email for every update that Patch did.

He updated it yesterday around noon or so SLT and said that the release of the new houseboats would be within 24 hours.   When he updated it again at roughly 10:00 am SLT, to say that the houseboats had been released, he also added the following comment:
"We know they will go very quickly, but as time goes on we will get more out, and hopefully faster.
Our next focus will be to bring more Traditional Homes plus more Houseboats in another smaller launch while working in parallel to a larger launch and an exciting new theme. 
As usual, stay tuned here for more updates!
"

I flew up to Michigan from Texas the 16th through the 21st.  Just got back last night.  Sadly, missed another chance I think of getting one.  Hoping one of these days that my luck will be a bit better what with everything going on in my life.  I don't regret going up for my grandson's 3rd birthday though.  

I've been watching the properties though, and some places with notations on them that the moles are at work.  Will be glad when they get this all sorted out and a bit of normalcy return to the norm.  I had to laugh where you said stay tuned, I have no place really to know when something will be shared about updates until it is too late.  I'm a bit lost at the moment.  Thank you though for your sharing though. Blessings.

25 minutes ago, xvxRUBYxvx Praga said:

I thought about joining the Community just to be in the loop, but not being a resident, I wasn't sure if that was allowed, and didn't want to cause any problems with a chance to get a home.

As far as I'm aware the Bellisseria Citizens group welcomes all, even if you haven't been able to snag a house yet (and whether you are in one of the resident created Bellisseria groups or not has no bearing at all on your chance to get a home there).   By all means, come out and visit, check things out, participate in the community. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.