New Linden Homes

Ciarra Lexington

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Ciarra Lexington said:

I'm attempting to get a Linden home, but it's only showing the older homes as available, not the newer ones. Are the new homes all taken now? Thank you. 

If you are not getting an option for the new ones, then yes, they are all taken.

Oh no! I can't believe they went so fast! The older homes seemed to have an endless supply, I guess I thought the new ones would be the same way! I hope more are available soon, too. Do you know of a link to go to, to check on the status of that? I couldn't find anything about them except for the original info. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ciarra Lexington said:

Oh no! I can't believe they went so fast! The older homes seemed to have an endless supply, I guess I thought the new ones would be the same way! I hope more are available soon, too. Do you know of a link to go to, to check on the status of that? I couldn't find anything about them except for the original info. 

The homes do have an endless supply - it just takes installation of lots more sim servers.  Unfortunately Linden Labs didn't predict demand very well, so if they want to tap this new demand they are going to be buying a lot of new server capacity...

Edited by anna2358
removed unnecessary post script.
  • Thanks 1

With the apparent popularity of the new Bellisseria homes and continent, and the equally apparent unpopularity of the other older homes, I wonder why LL is not focusing on renovating the old homes / continents?  With the high number of vacancies, they could replace the existing empty homes with better builds and redesign the continents themselves, making them  into nicer communities.  I have not claimed my Linden home simply because the old ones are junk, and the old communities are a mess with seemingly little into the layout and planning.  With so many builders in SL, if LL is overwhelmed by the task, surely they could tap that resource of volunteers to assist.  Just a thought. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, anna2358 said:

The homes do have an endless supply - it just takes installation of lots more sim servers.  Unfortunately Linden Labs didn't predict demand very well, so if they want to tap this new demand they are going to be buying a lot of new server capacity...

p.s.  Best thread for this is over in the Linden Homes section of the Forums.

They DID predict demand correctly and Patch warned those of us paying attention that the houses and houseboats would go VERY quickly.  I reported his warning here in the forums at least once -- and likely more than that LOL.     The only thing that LL might not (no info just a guess) have been wrong about was the popularity of the houseboats --- although that seemed pretty clear from all the chatter during the homes preview.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

They DID predict demand correctly and Patch warned those of us paying attention that the houses and houseboats would go VERY quickly.  I reported his warning here in the forums at least once -- and likely more than that LOL.     The only thing that LL might not (no info just a guess) have been wrong about was the popularity of the houseboats --- although that seemed pretty clear from all the chatter during the homes preview.   

Forum watching is not one of my present top-o-the-list activities.

But I bow to your analysis, dear Chic (without whom my SL home would have terrible LOD).

• Thanks 1

I have an older Linden Home and Love it.  The new houses are to small, to many rooms that are to small.  My Linden Home is very spacious, and it feels like I could put two of the new homes in my older home.  However the lots are bigger and the prim count higher, as I understand it.

I guess I could be satisfied with one of the house boats, they have more open space than the houses, more like an old Linden Home.

I know a lot of people like the new homes but for me, I just don’t like them.  Don’t get me wrong, I thing they are pretty, but I don’t like all the little spaces in them, walking through them they feel cramped.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, anna2358 said:

Here's a novel idea: dismantle the old crappy home regions, and build the new homes on there. :) Yes, that would mean some ppl would be 'forced' to vacate their old lot, but the new ones are 1,000 times better; and, let's face it, the old homes will eventually be phased out anyway.

23 minutes ago, Teagan Tobias said:

I have an older Linden Home and Love it.  The new houses are to small, to many rooms that are to small.  My Linden Home is very spacious, and it feels like I could put two of the new homes in my older home.  However the lots are bigger and the prim count higher, as I understand it.

I guess I could be satisfied with one of the house boats, they have more open space than the houses, more like an old Linden Home.

I know a lot of people like the new homes but for me, I just don’t like them.  Don’t get me wrong, I thing they are pretty, but I don’t like all the little spaces in them, walking through them they feel cramped.

I've noticed a lot of people still in the older homes, I considered it as well because my home in Meadowbrook was more spacious inside.  But, being able to have a skybox is what ultimately pushed me to abandon my old home, along with twice the prim count.  I really wish I could have kept both, I grew attached to my old home, I did all sorts of modifications to it including a pool.  It would be really cool if they allowed us to keep the old house models, to put on a skybox.

Right now I have two homes, the new linden home that I have furnished, and then a second home on the skybox 2200 feet above it :)

6 minutes ago, Alexegram said:

With the apparent popularity of the new Bellisseria homes and continent, and the equally apparent unpopularity of the other older homes, I wonder why LL is not focusing on renovating the old homes / continents?  With the high number of vacancies, they could replace the existing empty homes with better builds and redesign the continents themselves, making them  into nicer communities.  I have not claimed my Linden home simply because the old ones are junk, and the old communities are a mess with seemingly little into the layout and planning.  With so many builders in SL, if LL is overwhelmed by the task, surely they could tap that resource of volunteers to assist.  Just a thought. 

I believe such a plan is in place and it certainly seems that LL has been listening to the needs and wants of its residents as this first batch got snapped up in a few hours.  

I lived in the older LL homes since a few weeks after joining as a Premium Member and figuring out how to get one.  I don’t think the old ones were junk but they are packed together quite closely in some areas.  My least favourite thing about the old Premium continents was that they weren’t physically connected to each other nor to the other Mainland continents and although they had nice bits of paths and plenty of interesting things to explore the paths just ended and the roads and navigable water ended in VOID, unfinished.  They did set a good example of ordinary starter homes with enough options to introduce the possibilities of building whatever you can imagine.

I looked for a next step home in a next step neighbourhood of connected similar Regions for ages but there was none I could find so I kept my LL house and rented additional places instead, until my partner introduced me to sailing. Indeed we shopped for ages to find an affordable nice sized plot in a fairly stable seaside mainland Region but we did find a lovely one.

You are spot on in that there are many incredibly talented builders in SL ...but with as many different styles!  I cannot imagine the enormity of the task of trying to coordinate those volunteer builders into renovating a 300+ Region community.  Certainly it is far more efficient to use those resourceful and incredibly talented Moles who have already worked together on many projects for the enjoyment of all.  The new continent has proved they know what the users want and how to do a fine job of providing same!  So let’s keep telling them what we like and don’t like, need and don’t need, want and don’t want, in the most supportive ways we can and then let them go to it and they will do their best to provide ways for each of us to find our niche and enjoy our Second Life.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, anna2358 said:

p.s.  Best thread for this is over in the Linden Homes section of the Forums.

This is pretty far from the truth unfortunately.  I have more than enough "server space", that's not an issue at all in this.   Predicting demand, also not an issue, I knew these were going to be very popular.   The issue is, creating a multi-thousand, unique layout of homes is going to take time.  Lots of time.  Alternatively I could take what we have now and stamp it out a few dozen times.   That's not very appealing to me, and I think you'd agree.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

This is pretty far from the truth unfortunately.  I have more than enough "server space", that's not an issue at all in this.   Predicting demand, also not an issue, I knew these were going to be very popular.   The issue is, creating a multi-thousand, unique layout of homes is going to take time.  Lots of time.  Alternatively I could take what we have now and stamp it out a few dozen times.   That's not very appealing to me, and I think you'd agree.

I do not understand you said recently that they are available in the near future. Now here it says it will take a lot of time. So?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

Yes, I do.  And in fact, I am not desperate for a Linden Home.  I have a large parcel on Satori, and a huge unique house which replicates an RL dwelling.  I would like a houseboat, but actually I'd prefer to have a 1024sqm parcel with just a dock on navigable water as my Premium land.  The key is access to navigable water.

I'm sorry I have sounded negative about this.  I actually do support what you are doing.  I want, no, NEED, Linden Labs to continue to be successful with SecondLife.

Edited by anna2358
typo
  • Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, SLliny said:

I do not understand you said recently that they are available in the near future. Now here it says it will take a lot of time. So?

No, I am addressing your post of which seemingly speaks to overall deployment and supply, along with our simulator capacity, at least that I what I believed you were speaking to.    

So please do not confuse that with my updates of the fact that more homes, specifically of the houseboat type (first) are coming very soon and the fact that none of what you are speculating as to why we didn't put out more in our first round of deployment has anything to do with simulator capacity or my inability to predict demand.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, SLliny said:

There is only so many hours in a work day. It will take time before the WHOLE continent is done. So even when they release more homes in the NEAR FUTURE there will still be a lot of undeveloped land. If they didn't release any  homes until the whole continent is done then we prob wouldn't see a full release till next year. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Lisa006 Baxton said:

There is only so many hours in a work day. It will take time before the WHOLE continent is done. So even when they release more homes in the NEAR FUTURE there will still be a lot of undeveloped land. If they didn't release any  homes until the whole continent is done then we prob wouldn't see a full release till next year. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

My original question was to know if the homes were gone, and if there would be more. Patch just said more are coming soon, so I'm happy with that! I'd also like to say, that I'm quite comfortable with my beautiful homestead, but what I like about the new Linden homes is the community feel, with roads and public gathering places. It's the first time I was excited about owning one! The neighborhoods look well laid out and inviting. Very happy there will be more to come! 

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Waiting patiently for the Lindens to make some more of  the new linden homes as all of them have been snapped up, any idea on how long they have to go before they are setup and ready?  A rough idea will be cool.  Yes even us older sler's are eagerly waiting on them :)

Edited by Savannah Vielle
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.