Remove Gacha from the Marketplace

bbkeh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Let sellers add multiple tags instead of one category and let users also self-tag items they see without seeing what others have suggested as tags. If some (unknown to the users, so as not to be gamed by trolls) amount of users suggest the same exact tag, it gets added. The creator could view these tags and report false or abusive tags on their items.

I feel like that would solve a LOT of the issue and make the marketplace way easier to browse. Buuut it would require a compete overhaul of the current system, so I doubt LL would be willing.

Edited by Reyetta Claven
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Reyetta Claven said:

Let sellers add multiple tags instead of one category and let users also self-tag items they see without seeing what others have suggested as tags. If some (unknown to the users, so as not to be gamed by trolls) amount of users suggest the same exact tag, it gets added. The creator could view these tags and report false or abusive tags on their items.

I feel like that would solve a LOT of the issue and make the marketplace way easier to browse. Buuut it would require a compete overhaul of the current system, so I doubt LL would be willing.

It's in LL's best interest to keep us shopping

1 hour ago, Iren Tinkel said:

I dont like resellers, I prefer creators. Choosing COPY in perms also could help since creators rarely sell transferable items.

Gacha resellers are exactly that: re-sellers because they are *reselling* something that was sold to them. Words have meaning. :)

And as has been said a bazillion times throughout a bazillion threads since a Gachas have been appearing in Market Place a bazillion years ago: just turn on the COPY filter and 99% of them go away in search results.

• Like 2

On 4/10/2019 at 6:14 PM, Nextio said:

The problem isn't necessarily the gacha item.  The problem is having to sift through 10+ pages of the same gacha item because of color and texture variations.

I usually find gachas only predominate in searches for things that have become rare, usually because the vendor is no longer around, and/or because the item was sold as transfer originally, something that used to be more common than it is now. Otherwise, the non gachas tend to dominate the search.  Older items that were transferable end up for sale, and they are, of course, one-ofs b/c makers (other than full perm sellers) seldom make copy items that are also transfer -- at least not if they want to stay in business.

(any item that is copy/transfer is subject to being copied to all the buyer's friends.)

So... if you're finding only gacha versions of something, it's often older and you may actually not be able to find a non gacha version anymore (though some people buy gachas from stores and sell the ones they don't want after they finally get the one they wanted)

You can of course eliminate all no copy stuff by selecting 'copy' in your searches. Depending on what you're searching for, of course.  If you want to make several copies of a chair or a tree or something, this is a good option.  If it's a piece of clothing, it may not matter as much if you only have one copy, especially if it was cheap.

Good luck,

Blue

I wonder if searching by 'oldest' first would help you find the 'real' vendor/earliest item?

• Like 1

just click the copy button and there is no more gacha in your marketplace. if you want only gacha and full perm and old sex stuff, hit transfer. Its in the options button on the left side of the page.

Edited by KharmaObscura
someone else wrote it first
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Iren Tinkel said:

I dont like resellers, I prefer creators. Choosing COPY in perms also could help since creators rarely sell transferable items.

Yes, what you said...didnt scroll up enough. Its much easier doing that. I do buy a lot of gacha from mp and i get that it can be annoying, but it can be annoying when i type in modern home and get 10k results of crappy stuff. Its a phonebook not an AI program for your advanced viewing pleasure

• Like 1

I actually prefer when gachas are listed on MP. I don't want to have to walk through a gacha mall that can take 1000 years to load, only to not find what I'm looking for or kind lots of inappropriate stuff. I agree with another post though that there could be a "limited quantity" filter.

Personally, sorting through demos is a far bigger offender than sorting through gachas. At least with a gacha, I can just scroll past the easily identified legend/rarity thumbnails of that's not what I'm looking for.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

My tendency is to flag the Rares placed for sale on MP, by an individual, when they are spamming keywords.  That's because it will take the biggest bite out of their efforts, if the item is taken down.   There are just too many commons to bother, without seeming like a troublemaker to LL.  If the gacha is of my desired interest, of course I would care to see them.

There's another huge consideration.  If you've ever played gachas, trying to get that rare item, or even an elusive common to complete a set, you know it sure does feel like gambling.   Allowing people to sell their rares on MP is indistinguishable from Skin Gambling.  If they sold every item at the price of a pull, it would be a lot less egregious, but allowing them to monetize the chance aspect is recognized around the world as unregulated gambling.

Exposing minors to the activity, whether from ads, access to the gachas, or even the availability of the prizes is standing on very shaky ground.   A partial remedy might be to classify every aspect of gachas as Adults Only.

Edited by Hartoled
mispelled 'ever'

The ability within marketplace to for a buyer/searcher to 'blacklist' a seller/shop would be a major positive.

Yes, there would be a lot to block to keep each of us happy, but banning one group type of items would affect greatly those who either enjoy that group or simply don't feel affected to the same degree as the initial wisher of change.

This goes the same way for many things in life.  Filter out individually rather than blanket ban because a few people's delicate sensibiliteies were bruised.

All SL Lives Matter.

• Confused 1

On 4/4/2019 at 3:18 PM, bbkeh said:

I love to shop, but I hate scrolling through the endless pages of Gacha items

there should be a separate MP for this as its gotten ridiculous

If you agree please reply

hopefully we can inspire a change

If you include 'Copy' items in your search, gachas shouldn't show up in the first place.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.