Remove Gacha from the Marketplace

bbkeh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The whole marketplace needs an overhaul.  It seems to resemble a website that was constructed from the mid 2000s.  😐

Let's also not forget the "demo" annoyance that has been plaguing it for years.

Edited by Nextio
always bad grammar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Why would I want gacha separated out?

because the damn same thing pops up 100s of times...

I don't like no copy crap anyways so usually I'm save of them. But I understand those that want a limited quantity filter.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 3

On 4/9/2019 at 10:32 AM, Zeta Vandyke said:

I rather see 10 recent and relevant gacha items pop up on my search, than a 15 year old freebie item that has a super score because it has been free for the past 15 years.

Excepted that it's never a real issue.

My problem is being unable to browse the newest releases when they are flooded with freshly bought gachas being put for sale, usually 10 to 20 at a time.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

Excepted that it's never a real issue.

My problem is being unable to browse the newest releases when they are flooded with freshly bought gachas being put for sale, usually 10 to 20 at a time.

I have the same issue with creators posting 15 copies of their newest release in different colors when I search on newest releases. But then again, its clicking next page 3 times and your trough 30 items. Generally speaking, MP is just an outdated site with horrible search mechanics.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I have the same issue with creators posting 15 copies of their newest release in different colors when I search on newest releases. But then again, its clicking next page 3 times and your trough 30 items. Generally speaking, MP is just an outdated site with horrible search mechanics.

Yeah but creators do that (when they do that) once per product, with gachas it's once per reseller.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

Yeah but creators do that (when they do that) once per product, with gachas it's once per reseller.

Oh yeah I definitely agree it is an annoyance. But for me, and that's a personal opinion, having the gacha items showing up in the product categories outweighs the anoyance of browing newest releases, since there is so much junk posted each day that newest release browsing add no real value for myself anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

I often do it on purpose. Let us use an example: when I want kitchen clutter, that's often sold for several hundred when it's new. I can type in something from great designers like Hive or Dust Bunny, sort price from low to high, and get an egg holder or kitchen canisters for a very low price, from last years gacha.

For new gacha, I can get one thing that I want for just the pull price, no need to play it myself.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Why some users insist on not setting their Marketplace results/general settings to show 96 items a page, I'll never understand ...

because for me the 96 never sticks and I forget to change it each time.

• Like 1

I tend not to buy gachas unless it's something that is a) unbelievably expensive in non gacha form or b) not available anymore.  I more wish that I could get rid of demos in my searches for free stuff!  Even looking for things for 1-10L sometimes gets me demos. Boolean searches don't tend to eliminate them.  I wish the system simply kept the demo option as a clickable button on the paid item's page - b/c most of us buy only demos b/c we might want to buy the real thing eventually.  Depending on how it was done, it would also make the database smaller.

Anyway...  I have to agree with those who want gachas to remain in their item's category, rather than a separate gacha category.  I seldom search for gachas b/c they are gachas.  I search for something I want (boat, hair, shoes, whatever) and I want to know all of what is out there so I can choose the thing that fits my pocket and my desire. I used to look down my nose for gachas... then I discovered my favorite home furnishing store had gachas of some of their stuff... stuff I couldn't otherwise have afforded.  Even buying multiples of those items turned out cheaper than buying one of their non gacha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

Why some users insist on not setting their Marketplace results/general settings to show 96 items a page, I'll never understand ...

I've already made my opinions on the use of the Gacha category known elsewhere - among other category changes.

Ditto the 96-per page bit. Should have a 200 per page option. I like Gatcha - as long as they are copyable and easy enough to filter out the no-copy stuff (I just wish that checkmark (copy) would stick.) The reason is if I find one I like then I can search for that specific gatcha and go see how many people are trying to undercut each other and then get the best price of all of them. And O always think of them as Gotcha.

21 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Maybe flush your browser cache - or try a different browser? Though I know what you mean. Safari on macOS never remembers, but Vivaldi does. :D

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

True, but since a lot of online stores I used to like are now using their search as an advertising vehicle and I can't really search for the things I want anymore (amazon), I am actually willing to put up with SL's admitted shortcomings.  The ads are on top or when you check out on 0L items, not inside the search.  I am fine with that.  My SL search isn't as efficient as I like, but I am grateful it's not set up to prevent you from buying the thing you want in favor of the (often more expensive) thing the advertiser has paid to have show up.  Their idea of 'relevant' and mine do not mesh.  Searching by price L-H often includes things that aren't even the item I'm looking for.  At least, SL allows me to search for the items I want.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fionalein said:

because the damn same thing pops up 100s of times...

I don't like no copy crap anyways so usually I'm save of them. But I understand those that want a limited quantity filter.

You can only wear one pair of shoes at a time. And the decor is usually so cheap that it's pennies to buy multiples of an item. 

3 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Sensory overload.

Too easy to lose your place when you must go to the powder room and your cat walks across your keyboard while you are sitting on the throne.

We each develop our own method of shopping on the MP. What works for one won't necessarily work for another.

7 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

If I log out, the number always reverts back on my next login -- it is one of the MP things I wish could be saved as a profile setting or such.  If I close all MP tabs, then sometimes it reverts back and sometimes it doesn't.  Most of the time though, I always have at least one MP tab open and logged in, so the 96 never gets reset.

Ditto when I've changed the sort order.

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If I log out, the number always reverts back on my next login -- it is one of the MP things I wish could be saved as a profile setting or such.  If I close all MP tabs, then sometimes it reverts back and sometimes it doesn't.  Most of the time though, I always have at least one MP tab open and logged in, so the 96 never gets reset.

Ditto when I've changed the sort order.

I never log out the MP,  well its rare.  Its easier to stay logged in and gift my alt because if I gave her money to buy things for herself she would be down the pub with it

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Why would I want gacha separated out? If I am looking for a bikini or a pair of shoes, I don't care if it's gacha. Older gachas are an incredibly good deal for building up a small inventory with mix-match pieces. 

This is some old man yells at cloud *****. 

The problem isn't necessarily the gacha item.  The problem is having to sift through 10+ pages of the same gacha item because of color and texture variations.

Edited by Nextio

57 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I never log out the MP,  well its rare.  Its easier to stay logged in and gift my alt because if I gave her money to buy things for herself she would be down the pub with it

At least you are nice enough to gift her things.  My alts constantly complaint about how stingy I am.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

So it's your alt that's being such a bad influence on mine! I should have known! 1033168652_shakefist.gif.95b90ed751422b26319c9ddea0ddecf9.gif 

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.