Tasar Ochs

Skins for Signature Gianni heads

I got the Signature gianni body and Signature gianni head. What stores carry skins for my head? I can't find anything. Please help. My head comes preinstalled with omega applier so that's not an issue.

55 minutes ago, Tasar Ochs said:

I can't find anything.

there are hundreds, if not, thousends of compatible skin appliers for the current mesh mainstream bodies and heads.
Nearly all well known brands have those, to many to mention here.
Read the desctiptions on the vendors in the skin stores, or go to events, or search on MP  it's not that hard to find.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

there are hundreds, if not, thousends of compatible skin appliers for the current mesh mainstream bodies and heads.
Nearly all well known brands have those, to many to mention here.
Read the desctiptions on the vendors in the skin stores, or go to events, or search on MP  it's not that hard to find.

The Signature heads aren't exactly mainstream, finding skins specifically for those heads is going to be tough. He'll almost certainly need to find an omega facial skin applier instead, which isn't exactly common, and rules out some of the major brands like Straydog.

"Just search on the MP lol" is near useless advice in these situations, you have to wade through mountains of garbage, outdated skins and niche looks to find something actually appropriate. It's a habit many of you have that needs to stop; if someone asks for recommendations, is it really so hard to just answer the god damn question rather than just noiseposting like this?

@Tasar Ochs I'm not sure if these places offer omega head skins or not, but you could try L'Etre, Swallow, Birth or The Skinnery. I'm pretty sure they all offer omega body skins, but it's the head part of the skin that needs to be omega for you. So demo, demo, demo, and don't buy a thing until you've got a demo look (including tweaked shape) that you're happy with.

Edited by AyelaNewLife
I did typo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

It's a habit many of you have that needs to stop

go for a walk outdoors, you might feel better afterwards.. or ignore people you don't like.

I may suck at wielding the MP search function, but even a search for 'Skin AND Signature AND Head' still floods page after page with all sorts of random things like, shapes and female skins for Catwa heads. So yeah, 'just search on the MP' isn't going to be helpful. The 'thing' with skins is, different bodies and heads use different UV maps, so whilst an Omega 'can' put the texture on your head, you may find all sorts of issues - like, your nostrils being shadowed - on the outside of your nose. Many creators will offer a skin and say 'this skin is specifically designed for Head X by Y, but an Omega applier is included if you want to try it with another head - please try a demo before you purchase'.

So you want to, if possible (and for Signature's heads, I'm sure it is), find a skin that is actually made for your head - and, as always, make sure to demo it before you decide whether you like it enough to buy it. Unfortunately I can't recommend any specific brands for Signature's heads as I'm a Catwa user myself. Heck, I could hardly recommend a skin store for men at all, Stray Dog was the one 'everyone' told me to check out when I got my first mesh body, I don't know whether they have any skins for the Signature head though - might be worth a look.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

even a search for 'Skin AND Signature AND Head' still floods page after page with all sorts of random things like, shapes and female skins for Catwa heads.

The trick is to be very specific with your search. Since the OP wants Signature head appliers he needs to start in Avatar Components, where all skins reside. Then his search needs to narrow down and remove the possibility of other mesh head brands appearing, as per:

Signature AND head AND applier NOT Catwa NOT Lelutka NOT Logo

You'll still find a few random appliers in the results, but there are some Signature head appliers now showing, and we're down to just three pages of results (mainly because it's just not a head that many skin designers create for). From there the OP can look for a brand that has both Signature head and body appliers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skell Dagger said:

I really should start using 'NOT' in my searches. I recently started doing that in Google (removing 'Pinterest' because bleh) and it has helped me a lot when researching stuff for my job. Still, the MP searches can be a little awkward at times as people seemingly tag their products with random stuff to get more hits (like, if my one and only search-word is 'Maitreya', why do I get potted Gacha plants? Either the search engine is word blind, or someone snuck a tag in there for more hits). 

At least -most- Gacha stuff vanishes when you search with copy permissions. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Still, the MP searches can be a little awkward at times as people seemingly tag their products with random stuff to get more hits (like, if my one and only search-word is 'Maitreya', why do I get potted Gacha plants? Either the search engine is word blind, or someone snuck a tag in there for more hits). 

hahaha, I just happened to search for tabi socks yesterday... I so feel your pain...

• Haha 1