Forced teleport? No, it's not rlv...

unknown7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was teleported against my will to an x-rated sim while I was working on my appearance, with the LL viewer.  I was on a pose stand so no, I didn't pick up any objects.  I'm trying to track down who did it to me, how they did it, and how to stop it (considering that I can't move fast enough to force ground sit at any given random moment).  I sincerely doubt the landowner eject me there, and the only evidence I have that this occurred is the sim location on my teleport history.  Orbit gun?  Perhaps...

Does anybody have any ideas about this?

Thank you!

This "x-rated" sim... you mean Adult maturity, right? Presumably it's not your home location. (Oh, hmmm... what happens if one is teleported home when there's no home location set yet? or if the home region is offline? Sorry, I'm not sure about that.)

It is possible for an Experience to force teleport you, but that seems pretty unlikely in this case. (It would have to have been enabled on the land from which you were teleported, among other things.)

It's also very possible to be teleported by a thing on which you're seated (the pose stand in this case). If you aren't sure of the pose stand's provenance, and if the destination region is connected by other regions to the origin, then that could be the cause.

The fact you were seated on this pose stand greatly limits the options for what could possibly have teleported you. No orbit gun could do that, for example.

I'm at this sim everyday, and I work on my appearance on the same pose stand everyday, and I am on good terms with the landowner.  No I don't have a home location, which means that a safe hub would be my teleport home in case of mishap.  This FEELS like an intentional act: piss-mouth bathroom at Dark Lust.  I want to track down who did it.

It is possible that someone placed an invisible teleporting object over your usual pose stand so you clicked on that by mistake.  That's a wild guess though.  What does the landowner say?  (Not sure you should mention the actual location you were dumped at - it's potentially assigning blame and the description is hardly PG).

31 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

The avatar is moved to an info hub.

I read somewhere a while ago (and have scoured for the info but I can't find it) but it was for people who don't set a home location, your home location is the first place you teleport to after creating your account.  I will test this with an alt I know hasn't a home location. 

ETA -  I tested this with an alt using firestorm and it is correct.  If you don't set a home location you are sent to the first place you teleported to after creating your account

Edited by Cindy Evanier

If you don't have a home set you go a random info hub everytime you hit home. I have a very old alt I have never set a home for precisely for days when I feel a desire to 'random' about...

You can be forced teleported within the same sim by either a prim, a landowner ejecting or orbiting you, or an 'experience' you consented to interact with.

(newer RP sims use the experience system to add things like 'underground complexes' by having you walk to a spot that then moves you to a cave system they've hidden in the sky. And of course lots of other similar concept.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

If you don't have a home set you go a random info hub everytime you hit home. I have a very old alt I have never set a home for precisely for days when I feel a desire to 'random' about...

You can be forced teleported within the same sim by either a prim, a landowner ejecting or orbiting you, or an 'experience' you consented to interact with.

(newer RP sims use the experience system to add things like 'underground complexes' by having you walk to a spot that then moves you to a cave system they've hidden in the sky. And of course lots of other similar concept.)

with which viewer because it most definitely didn't work that way with my alt.

The only other explanation for the OP's reported problem is a bit of a rare occurrence, but it is something I've done a few times: Whilst doing stuff such as editing I've accidentally typed into the inventory search field, and sometimes end up wearing an object where somehow the text I typed selected the object, but every now and then I've ended on an LM instead and TPed there. Now, if the OP had done exactly that and her LM was now an adult place....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

It is possible that someone placed an invisible teleporting object over your usual pose stand so you clicked on that by mistake.  That's a wild guess though.  What does the landowner say?  (Not sure you should mention the actual location you were dumped at - it's potentially assigning blame and the description is hardly PG).

This sim does allow limited building and rezzing, so it is possible that the culprit placed a dummy pose stand over the real pose stand.  I'll go back and check, but if the guy has any brains he would delete the incriminating object immediately.  But this does sound like the most plausible explanation, as opposed to getting paranoid and thinking the landowner or the Lindens are involved (just joking).  I will bring this up with the landowner.

8 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Unless moderation, teleport and/or experience notifications are off, you should get a report of who/what teleported you.

Not if you do my suggested action, which is accidentally end up pressing return on an LM in your inventory instead of in a chat box, it's just a normal TP, all you see is the place you just left.

23 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

with which viewer because it most definitely didn't work that way with my alt.

It's working for me now on this alt that is 7 years old, in Firestorm 6.0.1

What I found with another alt is that if I ever set home, I can never again unset it - and lose the random aspect. Maybe new accounts are getting Home set for them now?

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Unless moderation, teleport and/or experience notifications are off, you should get a report of who/what teleported you.

Once you've approved the experience though - if it's moving you around the same sim the loading screen can flash by very fast. You will know it told you, but not have time to read the details. And it looks like a teleport to another sim.

Is OP sure the new location was to a different sim? I don't know of anything but RLV that can do that to you unprompted. And it's not that common to find someone who has managed to turn on RLV in a TPV AND wear an RLV device AND assign a 'master' without knowing they did it (plus the subject line of this thread strongly hints that it's not RLV... :) )

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

A sripted Object can't teleport you that way. It only can do that if you are the owner of that object and only if you are not sitting - unsit before teleport is required.

Only if you have entered an experience and the experience is enabled on that parcel a scripted teleport is possible by an object that is part of that experience.

If you wear an object (NOT temp attached) then it can teleport you too.

The 3rd possibility is to use RLV.

There are no other options for a scripted teleport.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Is OP sure the new location was to a different sim? I don't know of anything but RLV that can do that to you unprompted. And it's not that common to find someone who has managed to turn on RLV in a TPV AND wear an RLV device AND assign a 'master' without knowing they did it (plus the subject line of this thread strongly hints that it's not RLV... :) )

It was definitely a different sim.  The teleport was unprompted.  I had never been to that sim before.

Edited by unknown7

3 hours ago, Nova Convair said:

A sripted Object can't teleport you that way. It only can do that if you are the owner of that object and only if you are not sitting - unsit before teleport is required.

Only if you have entered an experience and the experience is enabled on that parcel a scripted teleport is possible by an object that is part of that experience.

If you wear an object (NOT temp attached) then it can teleport you too.

The 3rd possibility is to use RLV.

1.  I was sitting on a pose stand.

2.  There are no experiences available at the sim I was teleported from.

3.  The only objects I was wearing wear apparel objects (I was working on my appearance at the time).  I use them all the time.

4.  I did not pick up any objects prior to the teleport.

24 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

What if the region you were on crashed or was restarted?  When that happens to me I wind up in an Adult infohub.

I immediately returned to the sim I came from after the unprompted teleport.  Nothing had changed, it had not crashed.  If it had restarted, I would have been prompted.

9 minutes ago, unknown7 said:

it's not that common to find someone who has managed to turn on RLV in a TPV AND wear an RLV device AND assign a 'master' without knowing they did it (plus the subject line of this thread strongly hints that it's not RLV

Maybe I DID put on an object that was RLV in ignorance.  Many noobs do that, but I'm not a noob.  Since I was sitting on a pose stand at the time working on my appearance and using apparel objects that I use regularly, I am compelled to insist that the situation is not RLV.  I did not receive any prompts while putting on objects.

12 minutes ago, unknown7 said:

I immediately returned to the sim I came from after the unprompted teleport.  Nothing had changed, it had not crashed.  If it had restarted, I would have been prompted. + Everything else you have said so far

Okay so IF its an object or something along those lines then.......

1. Detach everything....put things back on....only the stuff you specifically want to wear such as your clothes, ao etc

2. Go into the experiences menu and remove yourself from any experiences you do not recognise

3. Turn off RLV

Blah blah blah

However, I suspect you may have been teleported home by either the land owner or an admin. You say "x-rated sim" BUT thats only right at this moment. Sims change all the time with places opening up, closing down, moving etc etc. Whilst its an x-rated sim now it could have easily been "The Humorous Adventures of Huggy Bunny and her fabulous friends role-play sim" at one point and if you perhaps visited the land at while it was under different ownership and set your home to there OR was the first place you teleported to after creating your account then that would explain why your teleport defaulted to that location. If you have deduced that your not wearing anything, your not in any experiences, its not an rlv issue....then I really wouldn't panic about it.

In fact do this....i'm legit curious. Are you on Firestorm?. If so go to the world menu at the top, look about halfway down for "Teleport Home". Click that and see where you end up. If its not the place you were teleported to then check the other things listed above and that others have mentioned. If thats all clear then forget about it and put it down to a one off.

Edited by chibiusa Ling

8 minutes ago, chibiusa Ling said:

Okay so IF its an object or something along those lines then.......

1. Detach everything....put things back on....only the stuff you specifically want to wear such as your clothes, ao etc

2. Go into the experiences menu and remove yourself from any experiences you do not recognise

3. Turn off RLV

Blah blah blah

However, I suspect you may have been teleported home by either the land owner or an admin. You say "x-rated sim" BUT thats only right at this moment. Sims change all the time with places opening up, closing down, moving etc etc. Whilst its an x-rated sim now it could have easily been "The Humorous Adventures of Huggy Bunny and her fabulous friends role-play sim" at one point and if you perhaps visited the land at some point while it was under different ownership and set your home to there OR was the first place you teleported to after creating your account then that would explain why your teleport defaulted to that location. If you have deduced that your not wearing anything, your not in any experiences, its not an rlv issue....then I really wouldn't panic about it.

In fact do this....i'm legit curious. Are you on Firestorm?. If so go to the world menu at the top, look about halfway down for "Teleport Home". Click that and see where you end up. If its not the place you were teleported to then check the other things listed above and that others have mentioned. If thats all clear then forget about it and put it down to a one off.

I did all that.  Teleport Home took me to a safe hub.

Just now, unknown7 said:

I did all that.  Teleport Home took me to a safe hub.

Then you have done as much as you can. Beyond submitting a ticket to Linden Lab to ask them to look into it there isn't much more you can do. I wouldn't worry about it, sometimes weird stuff happens. If you have eliminated the main points covered in the responses here then there isn't much else we can really suggest to you to do. I would just move on from it and put it down to weirdness.

10 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It's working for me now on this alt that is 7 years old, in Firestorm 6.0.1

What I found with another alt is that if I ever set home, I can never again unset it - and lose the random aspect. Maybe new accounts are getting Home set for them now?

Seems maybe I am the only one getting this then.  I can't try with my older alt as she has home set already.  The one it works on is less than a year old and was made purely to try out what happens these days at the welcome area and I never used him again.  He just used one of the portals at the welcome area and where that portal took him seems to be his home location. 

I know that I first rezzed in Violet. I have not been there for years. If my home location is offline - or I type in a garbage region into the start - I end up in Korea3.

Like many Europeans I am online during maintenance, so have come back often to find myself force logged out.

But never Violet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.