Forced teleport? No, it's not rlv...

unknown7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Nova Convair said:

If you wear an object (NOT temp attached) then it can teleport you too.

6 hours ago, unknown7 said:

3.  The only objects I was wearing wear apparel objects (I was working on my appearance at the time).  I use them all the time.

If RLV wasn't enabled in the viewer and no experiences were enabled on the land*, the only explanation I see is that one of those objects you were wearing contained a delayed (or remotely activated) teleport script. (If RLV was enabled in the viewer, then I can't help; to me RLV has always seemed a tangle of obscure special cases. Others are very helpful on that topic, though.)

I checked on the map and Dark Lust is a void-surrounded island, so you couldn't have been teleported there by "riding" the pose stand on which you were seated. (That's not a true teleport so doesn't cause the "you have been teleported..." message.)

*There is such a thing as grid-scope experiences and I gather some beta testers got and kept them, but using that to teleport somebody to an Adult venue would be a sure way to get that experience deleted if it actually happened, and until it was deleted the experience would be on the participant's allowed list. This is all extraordinarily unlikely.

11 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

The only other explanation for the OP's reported problem is a bit of a rare occurrence, but it is something I've done a few times: Whilst doing stuff such as editing I've accidentally typed into the inventory search field, and sometimes end up wearing an object where somehow the text I typed selected the object, but every now and then I've ended on an LM instead and TPed there. Now, if the OP had done exactly that and her LM was now an adult place....

I have done this by a mistake myself. I search part of the word, so if the landmark start with the same as the outfit, I did accidentally click on the landmark instead of the dress.

And it works in sitting position too. As you say, land change owners all the time. How many times have I not used a landmark on purpose, just to find the place changed owners and it's not the same.

It is more likely than other suggestions, I say.

• Like 2

M'kay ...

Being very blunt here: There aren't many ways at all to force a user to teleport. RLV/RLVa, Experiences, Security Scripts (these require Land Ownership or specific Group Permissions), Land Owner and Linden Administrative Access.

So if it truly wasn't RLV/RLVa or an Experience then it was one of the other three. Unfortunately for you the other three ... Security Scripts either punt you to a nearby parcel or teleport you home. The Land Owner has the same restrictions. Administrative Access ... Last I knew that required the user to actually be where they want to force you to teleport to.

RLV/RLVa commands can force you to teleport to a specified location but according to you .... you don't use it.

Experiences are similar.

A sim going offline would have logged you out.

So, by process of elimination ... There are only three methods to do what you've described happening to you, one of which is a security concern that one hopes the Lab looks in to (if a Linden ever reads this thread) with the other two being the likeliest culprits, like it or not.

3 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

So, by process of elimination ... There are only three methods to do what you've described happening to you, one of which is a security concern that one hopes the Lab looks in to (if a Linden ever reads this thread) with the other two being the likeliest culprits, like it or not.

Not sure which are the other two of the three. Because the destination was a very specific location in another, non-home region, security scripts and landowner actions don't seem relevant, as you point out. So other than the exploit or abuse of Administrative Access, the only possibilities left on the list are RLV and Experiences, both of which the OP says aren't possible in this case. In fact, the very first post says the Linden viewer was in use, and if so RLV isn't even possible.

The "pilot error" variants seem most likely to me at this point. Somehow a landmark was inadvertently double clicked or an address bar filled-in by accident or some scripted thing worn by a misbehaving mouse or some other random UI action.

RLV/RLVa, Experiences and Linden Admin - Qie. Linden Admin is the security concern, that leaves RLV/RLVa and Experiences.

I'm aware they claim to be using the Official Linden Lab client - the post was made to provide some information and the possibilities.

Without Experience permissions or RLV/RLVa, attachments generally only allow teleporting within the same region (unless there is a command I am missing) whereas accidentally hitting a Landmark ... Last I checked you'd have to double click it to teleport.

Meh - in any event the entire point was that the methods for "forcing" a teleport to anywhere but one's Home require specific permissions/scripting commands or an Administrator.

Yeah, we're at the bottom of the barrel here. I'm always skeptical of Deus-Mode ex Machina so even the flimsiest straws look graspable.

It's been a long time since I tried, but I think llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords() will work in normal attachments (not temp-attached) without Experience permissions. On the other hand, it's not supposed to be able to unseat the avatar, so the pose stand should rule it out in this case.

I am wondering if the location you were tpd to could have been something else in the past, same old lm if an accidental Lm grab as suggested, or non setting of home it could have been a completely different thing when you joined SL etc. I accidentally tpd to a store the other day when trying to move a hud on my screen and I hit the favourites bar up top, so not a big deal at all, but it was shocking and now so many huds have LMs included so you could be moving something and away you go.

I don't think my example is your case, but I do think the location may have been something else in your past. Would be nice if like RL real estate you could access what land has been, what it sold for, etc etc.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.