What are some of your guilty pleasures?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I used to wear a Scottish kilt with an alpha layer underneath to protect the faint of heart and a little round sign in the crotch that said "Jesus saves". It would set off alarm bells and sirens and flashy lights and announce in local chat the name of the person who dared to touch it. That was long ago, ofcourse, in my wild wild n00b years. And maybe I'm starting to mix up guilty pleasures with random acts of borderline trolling.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Sitting on things randomly, at random places, mostly things one wouldn't normally sit on. In my early days, this was particularly fun to do with groups of friends, zoos and aquariums were some of our favorite places.

I do that, it can be a lot of fun!

See a nice photo sim, check if any of the animals, houses, trees are sittable. Sometimes a little chicken or weasel or crab can be sat on, mostly not.

On the other side, I tend to put hidden poses inside weird things (especially statues) on my own land just in case people ever try sitting on them.

• Like 4

guilty pleasures. hmm! most from back in the day really

1) siding with a brand new person against a Second Life Mentor. at the Help island. The new person got a freebie car from the store. Worked out how to buy it. Worked out how to rex it in the sandbox. Sat on it and promptly lost control of it running over the mentor who was standing in the middle of the sandbox. Said mentor then proceeded to berate the new person. I said that the mentor should know better than to stand in the middle of the sandbox - to stand to the side like the rest of us. That the sandbox was for new people to experiment in and not a place for the mentor to hold court. Upon which a really respected Second Life Mentor told that other mentor to let the new people be :)

2) making my first flying vehicle, taking off from Help Island Public and buzzing all the people standing at the OIP corral. Which lead to lots of shrieking and ranting. Probably didn't help that my vehicle was a plywood box :D

3) Getting orbited for the first time. After I relogged I social engineered the person who orbited me to please can I have pleaseee. They gave me and I ask how does it work  and they said how. I promptly orbited them with it :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

My not-so-guilty pleasure dropping Jason Momoa into a thread whenever I see an opportunity 

It has to be done. If I could have five minutes alone with him I would.....never mind....😜

17 hours ago, Derekmate said:

Well hello ! How is she?

Touching myself on a play ground. Or if that weird then outside the play ground.

(No children around of course I'm not a monster ... well yes I'm.)

I can see your joking but at the same time thats definitely not something you ever admit to lmfao. Even taking it as a joke shows that the thought is on your mind. Get help

2 hours ago, ellestones said:

1) siding with a brand new person against a Second Life Mentor. at the Help island. The new person got a freebie car from the store. Worked out how to buy it. Worked out how to rex it in the sandbox. Sat on it and promptly lost control of it running over the mentor who was standing in the middle of the sandbox. Said mentor then proceeded to berate the new person. I said that the mentor should know better than to stand in the middle of the sandbox - to stand to the side like the rest of us. That the sandbox was for new people to experiment in and not a place for the mentor to hold court. Upon which a really respected Second Life Mentor told that other mentor to let the new people be :)

We have mentors in SL?. I thought they died out years ago. I have often thought about doing this myself at times but it seems that most "new" players these days are just old players creating new alts. I haven't actually met someone who is genuinely new to the grid in quite some time. They used to have that program....I forget what it was called....but it was a mentor program back in the day sanctioned by the Lindens That Be. I know that program was shut down years ago but I didn't realise people were still doing it regardless.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, chibiusa Ling said:

We have mentors in SL?. I thought they died out years ago. I have often thought about doing this myself at times but it seems that most "new" players these days are just old players creating new alts. I haven't actually met someone who is genuinely new to the grid in quite some time.

yes. The incident in the sandbox happened years ago now. It was a confirmation for me about what the purpose of SL is, at least for new people

there are still lots of genuinely new people arriving at the Social Islands thru the onboarding process. And there are still people who spend time at the social islands answering questions when asked. New people ask fewer questions now than they did in previous years due to the far more extensive help texts available in the viewer.  Many of the questions asked by new people back in the day were about what buttons do I press on the UI to achieve a task. The help texts in the viewer these days provides most of those answers   

the private-run onboarding gateways have structured mentor greeter programmes.  Fulfilling in the first instance the friendly face social need: Hi! welcome to SL. Somebody prepared to chat socially to a new person. Is still a few oldtime people who go to the Linden social islands on an unstructured basis to also fulfil that social need, for those who are new and have that need

2 minutes ago, ellestones said:

yes. The incident in the sandbox happened years ago now. It was a confirmation for me about what the purpose of SL is, at least for new people

there are still lots of genuinely new people arriving at the Social Islands thru the onboarding process. And there are still people who spend time at the social islands answering questions when asked. New people ask fewer questions now than they did in previous years due to the far more extensive help texts available in the viewer.  Many of the questions asked by new people back in the day were about what buttons do I press on the UI to achieve a task. The help texts in the viewer these days provides most of those answers   

the private-run onboarding gateways have structured mentor greeter programmes.  Fulfilling in the first instance the friendly face social need: Hi! welcome to SL. Somebody prepared to chat socially to a new person. Is still a few oldtime people who go to the Linden social islands on an unstructured basis to also fulfil that social need, for those who are new and have that need

Thats pretty neat. I figured the private gun gatways would have something like this but I wasn't sure if anyone still did it at the official SL gateway. Good for them, the learning curve and possible pitfalls when starting SL can be huge and terrifying. Its good that there are still people there willing to guide them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

I don't feel the least bit guilty about it but I was absurdly pleased the day a friend and I maneuvered two of the Hyde Park horses down into the subway. Why? Because it was there :D

And this is why I ride obscure "vehicles"-and I use that term as loosely as possible, around the grid, especially places one wouldn't normally see that.  My giant dinosaur is particularly fond of roller coasters and underwater exploration. 

Barring any dress code/rules of course, I'm not a savage (hubby disagrees with this statement, apparently, lmao)  I enjoy sl, I don't like ruining other's experiences with my shenanigans (ok, most of the time I don't). I WILL, however, have as many laughs as humanly possible with others over my shenanigans, especially if they really need it. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.