What are some of your guilty pleasures?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

People's SL Profiles are often filled with Likes and Don't Likes (or Pet Peeves, if you will). They're all interesting to read, and particularly helpful in determining whether or not to engage into a conversation with someone. What I really miss is the guilty pleasure in relation to SL, though. Here's some of mine:

• Walking around as an Avatar Rendering Test with no AO
  • Deliberately parking my pink Look At crosshairs on someone's intimate parts at a sales events, preferably with their partner standing next to them, while I use my l33t Control-Alt-Shift camming skills to focus my attention on something totally unrelated.
  • Running around in crowded places playing with elaborate and slightly annoying, animated gadgets, such as a ball paddle, or a wearable galloping unicorn. And whenever someone complaints that I'm lagging the place with my toys, I point out to them that their streaming cost/avatar complexity, their active script count, memory and CPU usage are all an order of a magnitude higher than mine (and then blow a raspberry gesture).
  • Tell n00bs that the objective of the game is to collect gold coins (and show them my collection).

What are your guilty pleasures?

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Haha 7

Actually engaging in conversation with people—usually noobs—who’d rather “engage” in another, um, less verbal fashion. While at times there’s a bit of a tense back-and-forth (that’d be the “guilty” part I guess, if anything because at times I do become anything but nice, and don’t necessarily cut it short by just muting), I can say that just as often it becomes a bit of a healthy pleasure if I can manage to talk them into realizing they’re dealing with an actual person just like them, who’d rather not be treated like a disposable object.

Edited by Ren Toxx

11 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

:ph34r: Camming secretly on avatars to see...

I sometimes cam inside avatar heads to see if they're as empty as mine. I've found some pretty interesting stuff there, including a wetware brain, a clockwork brain, a heart and a message saying "Nothing to see here."

Apparently I'm not the only one who does this.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I sometimes cam inside avatar heads to see if they're as empty as mine. I've found some pretty interesting stuff there, including a wetware brain, a clockwork brain, a heart and a message saying "Nothing to see here."

Yes, I've seen that too. Some avatars have strange things inside their heads.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

/me goes to install an octopus in mine :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

:ph34r: Camming secretly on avatars to see what they are doing and what they are wearing.
If they are wearing something interesting then I will inspect all their wearables.

Content creators will benefit from this activity as I might go shopping after inspection. 😉

Body-physics.gif.d2b1ecbeede43c2c07828aea5ccf5b07.gif

Well hello ! How is she?

Touching myself on a play ground. Or if that weird then outside the play ground.

(No children around of course I'm not a monster ... well yes I'm.)

3 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

uh oh... Now you've done it. You've given me an idea. 😈

16 minutes ago, Derekmate said:

It's like Schrödinger's cat 

Why do people do this whenever I ask a question that doesn't require more than a simple yes or no? o.O

ETA: It was also a line from one of George Carlin's routines. 😶

The "I used to be Irish Catholic" one.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

Oh gosh, I have so many...

pretending I can actually drive and proceeding to make myself a hilarious nuisance all over the grid (the hilarious part is key!) with all sorts of different vehicles, and things I've turned into vehicles

Sitting on things randomly, at random places, mostly things one wouldn't normally sit on. In my early days, this was particularly fun to do with groups of friends, zoos and aquariums were some of our favorite places.

opening up the map, blindly (hahahahahaha..) picking a spot and tp-ing. I have had interesting success rates with this one-security measures being the typical culprit(and I'm not complaining about it)

keeping the objects I get from visiting places like arcades, golfing, bowling, baseball, etc.... and using them other not typical places (like golfing with a bat, lmao)

flying places I'm not supposed to fly

jumping down off super high places and splatting on unsuspecting people

getting into weaponry battles with people and breaking out my very special ammo (I have a unique variety, none of which anyone ever suspects)

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

....Sitting on things randomly, at random places, mostly things one wouldn't normally sit on. In my early days, this was particularly fun to do with groups of friends, zoos and aquariums were some of our favorite places.....

I can't resist sitting on moving objects(that are not designed specifically to be sat on)  to go for a little ride.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I can't resist sitting on moving objects(that are not designed specifically to be sat on)  to go for a little ride.

Also one of my favorites (try it at a zoo with moving animals when other people are visiting, it's hilarious!!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

/me goes to install an octopus in mine :D

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Dang it. Get out of my head!

At least I was going to have lots of little ones... all named Dave. :P

I was going to suggest to Bitsy that she also add the babies  xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.