Take a word leave a word (game)

Derekmate

1 hour ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

I have listened to a few of the resulting videos...

A few? A few!? You didn't listen to every damned one?

...shakes her head and sets you on fire.

I'm gonna take a little license with "memories" here...

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

PROTIP: It's redundant to write the obvious response.

This is the very point: it's not obvious when the primay text on the preview frame of a video is not the intended message of the posting party.If you're too lazy to type a couple words above (or even below) your video-embed to clarify your meaning then lazy is as lazy does. I have no intention to change your or anyone else's mind, I simply explained what I was doing and why I was doing it. Deal with and move on, or don't deal with it and move on. Either way, just move on.

And for the topic:

Data Corruption

Edited by Alyona Su

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

it's not obvious when the primary text on the preview frame of a video is not the intended message of the posting party.

I find rags and blues videos by name, so the name of the tune is always in the thumbnail frame text. Have you seen a link from me that wasn't readable? It may not be apparent to everyone that videos can fail to play in various jurisdictions due to copyright laws, so you can't depend on the video playing, or even on a thumbnail frame showing up. Although I've never seen it happen, I suppose it's also possible that photographic links might be blocked due to copyright issues, so posting an image that contains the desired word pair might result in a broken post. Has anyone had an image link fail to load? The only failed image or web page links I've seen are those that go missing long after they are posted. I'm not going to worry that people reading our thread years from now are confused by dead links. That's been happening since the dawn of threads.

Given the extra work of posting word pairs indirectly, the laziness argument seems a little lazy. It's fun to wrap the word pair in the pretty paper of an image or video, and I like when people do it. I haven't seen a failed link yet, so I'm only aware of this because of you (thanks for that). I think my posts leave the word pair visible even if the video is blocked. Unless that's not so, I'll continue to post as I have. In my years here, I've only seen video links fail, so I think it's fairly safe to post images containing the intended word pairs, but we should all be careful not to post video links that don't contain the desired word pair in the video's text title.

ETA: Ooops, there's a reason we're here!...

Childhood Corruption
Entitlement.png

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I think my posts leave the word pair visible even if the video is blocked. Unless that's not so, I'll continue to post as I have. In my years here, I've only seen video links fail, so I think it's fairly safe to post images containing the intended word pairs, but we should all be careful not to post video links that don't contain the desired word pair in the video's text title.

The only place 'your words' do not appear is in the email (from forum) sent to private address. But once I log into here everything is perfect. 

My Blood Moon name is Enchanted Genius of Winds .......lol, I better stop eating Baked Beans for breakfast. 

From Honey Trap:-

Hipster Trap 

‬Hipster Trap.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2