Take a word leave a word (game)

Derekmate

4 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

No sir.

That looks like Saint George and the dragon.  It's a guy killing a big lizard.

Thank you! I thought it might be dragon related but looked too small. Fire breathing dog?

on topic:

4FC6959A-DF1F-4143-99D2-8A4F988F7B40.png.59cf4d44a3e7cc8f2ee57052e130e5d5.png

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

My dad told me this corny joke about “Nosmo King”..

"Nosmo King" was a funny sign in an old Laurel and Hardy short, copied later in a Three Stooges bit. I remember laughing about it when I was a kid.  In a quick Wikipedia search, though, I find that it may have been an homage to 

• Character name of H. Vernon Watson (1886–1952), English variety artist, who used the name from the early 1930s to his death

I learn a new obscure fact a day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

"Nosmo King" was a funny sign in an old Laurel and Hardy short, copied later in a Three Stooges bit. I remember laughing about it when I was a kid.  In a quick Wikipedia search, though, I find that it may have been an homage to 

• Character name of H. Vernon Watson (1886–1952), English variety artist, who used the name from the early 1930s to his death

I learn a new obscure fact a day.

Watson's story is a disappointing read. He gained fame by imitating, via blackface, Frank Tinney, a black comedian he'd never seen. I don't know much about 1920s England and have nothing to go on but that short Wikipedia entry, but I'll guess he could have done a crap imitation to rave reviews simply because he was doing blackface.

I'm confused by the image of Watson on the page, where the caption reads "As Nosmo King, circa 1946", but he's not in blackface.