SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

What do you think the Moles will put here?

I'm hoping for a row of Victorians facing the water here, with a road running in front of them.

April20-NorthernCoast1_002.thumb.jpg.a4ff7635758d8f9091fb36738c9b833c.jpg

Here I think there could be a hiking trail running through the mountains, then going down to a pier with a boat rez area.

April20-NorthernCoast2_001.thumb.jpg.03ad458833635869ebe6854a18cb4c18.jpg

I expect houseboats all along the water's edge.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'm hoping for a row of Victorians facing the water here, with a road running in front of them.

Here I think there could be a hiking trail running through the mountains, then going down to a pier with a boat rez area. ....

I don't know ... the terraforming of all the new regions looks done, and I only see room for 1 32x32 flat parcel, at the west end of Leatherback.  It gets pretty hilly as you go east.  And, flying all the way up the new coastline, like you I don't see room for any more parcels.  

But I do wonder about both roads and railroads ... there are roads chopped off at the sim edges that lead into the new regions.  Plus, there's a branch of the Logland rail that is chopped off at the edge of Moose Tracks, and when they add a new region or more north of there, that railroad maybe could bend around and go down the west coast.  Maybe.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I don't know ... the terraforming of all the new regions looks done, and I only see room for 1 32x32 flat parcel, at the west end of Leatherback.  It gets pretty hilly as you go east.  And, flying all the way up the new coastline, like you I don't see room for any more parcels.  

But I do wonder about both roads and railroads ... there are roads chopped off at the sim edges that lead into the new regions.  Plus, there's a branch of the Logland rail that is chopped off at the edge of Moose Tracks, and when they add a new region or more north of there, that railroad maybe could bend around and go down the west coast.  Maybe.

I agree they might extend the rail line from Moosetracks, but would they extend it in 2 directions or only in 1 direction? If it continues to the east, that could take people to the Stilt homes and the main water passage toward Satori and the Blake Sea. If it continues to the west, that could create a nice scenic ride along the coast and a possible stop within sight of the BelliHub and Demo island.

I think they could flatten and extend the land a bit to fit in a row of houses facing the water. It seems like it would be a waste to miss that opportunity, and we know Victorians are in short supply. These new regions have a lower prim allowance than full Linden Home regions have, but they have enough for a few houses, landscaping and for boats and other vehicles to pass through them. If they do put in Victorians along the coast here, they might not have enough prim allowance to add house boats, however.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I agree they might extend the rail line from Moosetracks, but would they extend it in 2 directions or only in 1 direction? ... If it continues to the west, that could create a nice scenic ride along the coast and a possible stop within sight of the BelliHub and Demo island.

I see no indication that they would extend the rail line Eastward, but one never knows.  If they DO extend it down the West coast (it's a tight squeeze here and there), that single flat parcel in Leatherback (which has a Vic road leading into it) COULD accommodate a train station with dock ideal for a ferry running to and fro between the BelliHub dock and Leatherback, and possibly to the dock in Saltmarsh.  That would connect prospective LH residents to Traditional, Camper, Houseboat, Victorian and Log neighborhoods. (And, if they put stilts along that coastline instead of houseboats, stilts as well.)  Note that the Moose Tracks line continues all the way down Big Bird lake, and branches in Wazoo to take riders either:

• South to the station in Axminster that is a short walk from the dock in Rigamarole, departure point to Fantasseria.
  • East to Bridle Path, a terminus that has large docks bordering the stilts.  It's also close to Beiramar, where residents can continue across the bridge to the road that leads all the way through the stilts to the chalet's excellent road network.

IMHO, rail is really the best way to travel through Logland.  Logland roads are charming, best suited to horseback pleasure riding, rather than long-distance travel.  And, while you CAN circumnavigate LogLand via water, it's a tedious route.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I agree they might extend the rail line from Moosetracks, but would they extend it in 2 directions or only in 1 direction?

My guess is that the Moose Tracks railbed (at 56m) will be extended across the waterway via a high bridge into a new subcontinent to the north of the Log Homes. Once across the waterway, the railbed will descend over several regions to a lower elevation, similar to the elevation change between the Log regions and the Victorian regions. Note that the water level in the Log regions is at 50m while the surrounding regions (Stilts, Victorians, and whatever is coming up north) have the typical lower water elevation.

moose tracks railroad extension.jpg

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

My guess is that the Moose Tracks railbed (at 56m) will be extended across the waterway via a high bridge into a new subcontinent to the north of the Log Homes. Once across the waterway, the railbed will descend over several regions to a lower elevation, similar to the elevation change between the Log regions and the Victorian regions. Note that the water level in the Log regions is at 50m while the surrounding regions (Stilts, Victorians, and whatever is coming up north) have the typical lower water elevation.

moose tracks railroad extension.jpg

I expect the next subcontinent - which I agree will be north of the log homes and west of Sakura - will be the Premium Plus 2048 m regions. I don't think they're going to extend the rail line into it though.

There's also a rail line in Sakura, but I think it will also be confined to that subcontinent, making a circle route around it for the most part. I think they want to keep Sakura somewhat isolated from the rest of Bellisseria, much as Fantasseria is, because it then seems more like a foreign land.

• Like 1

Wild Speculation here. 

This region under development is listed as SSPVCR. I'm guessing that stands for Victorian Community Region.

It looks like an island under the blackout platform though.

April20-SSPVCR_001.thumb.jpg.432ae06d1b37ff5c60b03729453f7653.jpg

What do you think these names stand for?  (Edit added: Campwitch Forrest - Working version?)

April20-SSPCFW_001.thumb.jpg.a4760f3d285ae07072071bc6cd9787b4.jpg

April20-SSPNCRW_001.thumb.jpg.149b379d424129cc5aaaf8ca85c7658a.jpg

April20-SSPUCT_001.thumb.jpg.eea65529f113a2f047027d66a664212b.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
To add "Campwitch Forrest" suggestion
  • Like 5

On 4/20/2023 at 1:35 PM, diamond Marchant said:

The new northern coastline of the Log Homes is starting to emerge. So far, the coastline has no homes and provides a steep shoreline ascending to a max of approximately 66m. There is a convenient water rez zone just north of Snert in the SE corner of Saltmarsh.

2023-04-20 log northern coast.jpg

As far as I can tell, the new coastline is all homesteads, so I doubt any linden homes will be placed on them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Polenth Yue said:

On the Campwich Forest region, I would guess it's "Campwich Forest Winter" or something like that. Rather than decorate for the seasons each year, they can just switch the regions.

That's an interesting idea, but the only Linden Home regions that change for the seasons are the Fantasy ones.

There are also SSPNCR & SSPNCRW - Newbrook Community Region maybe?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

That's an interesting idea, but the only Linden Home regions that change for the seasons are the Fantasy ones.

I don't mean an automatic system. I mean that they build seasonal and event stuff on a copy of the region and then swap it in, rather than decorating it on site. That's why it happens so suddenly with nobody apparently being there to decorate. Suddenly it's Hallowe'en in Millbank or Christmas in Campwich.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

There are also SSPNCR & SSPNCRW - Newbrook Community Region maybe?

Makes sense - the W could also stand for West if they were making two, however, the Newbrooke theme already has a community centre at Newbank, so maybe the Moles are being sneaky again and "N" simply stands for new ¬¬

• Like 4

On 4/20/2023 at 11:10 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

April20-NorthernCoast1_002.thumb.jpg.a4ff7635758d8f9091fb36738c9b833c.jpg

Here I think there could be a hiking trail running through the mountains, then going down to a pier with a boat rez area.

April20-NorthernCoast2_001.thumb.jpg.03ad458833635869ebe6854a18cb4c18.jpg

Most likely is a repeat of what is already available on the short north coast of Logland; a stretch of coastal Stilt Homes at sea level with an undeveloped cliff top behind them.

Go to Lost Caves for a look at the existing short north coast of Logland.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Most likely is a repeat of what is already available on the short north coast of Logland; a stretch of coastal Stilt Homes at sea level with an undeveloped cliff top behind them.

Go to Lost Caves for a look at the existing short north coast of Logland.

I thought so too, but as @Teresa Firelight pointed out a few posts ago, all those new coastal regions are Homesteads.  This is not uncommon on Belli coasts: look at the Newbrooke coast around Sloop John B. I don't know of any Homestead in Belli that has any homes on it.

Note that in Lavon, also a Homestead, there are both rail tracks and a train station, with both auto and rail rez zones.  And a balloon ride and underwater rail tunnel, in fact.  Quite the departure point!

Oh, and I take issue with the "undeveloped" characterization of Lost Caves cliffs!   They have Log Homes, I live there and faithfully tend my lighthouse.

image.thumb.jpeg.8ab9b34c224135dfec33262f8ca14966.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I haven't seen much Mole activity inworld in a while, not since the BelliHUB & BelliDemo island went live anyway.

Here's what I see today. Abnor, Ancient and Sleepy were all inworld.

Others were inworld earlier today, though I don't know when.

April26-SSPVCR_001.jpg.752d12e1c9286fbc4b4ffb972eaac53b.jpg

• Like 2

I'm sure this is the SSPVCR I saw that was being developed. Yay! We have a Victorian Community Region now, soon to be connected to the new Victorian island.

MerrymountVictorianCommunityRegion_001.thumb.jpg.72fe9dba42124b9a4fdada0ea1c164a0.jpg

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Carrollton Bay/184/70/2021 
(neighboring region since the new one doesn't show on the map yet)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

We have a Victorian Community Region now, soon to be connected to the new Victorian island.

The new Merrymount region has water regions named Wetter to the west and Skinny Dip to the east. And yes, a bridge is heading south towards the yet completed Victorian island. Plus, we got a nice big water rez zone and another one under the bridge from Carrollton Bay.

Merrymount_001.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yes!  And since both Wetter and Skinny Dip are open water, and there will be a land bridge to Vic Island, then perhaps Vic Island will eventually look something like this.  That would completely finish off this long-undeveloped interior portion of Belli, providing not only more of the scarce Vics, but hopefully better water routes from the east VictoriBelle coast.  Both to the waterways leading North, and also east to Soft Downs (and therefore to Rigamarole and Fantasseria).

Merry.thumb.JPG.c03b632309986619890e4be2846e4830.JPG

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I think the SSPBIN & SSPBIS regions likely referred to Belli Island North and Belli Island South.

I see one Mole over there working on something, so maybe there will be another update to something there?
The addition of a Victorian Community Center event board maybe?

Abnor, Ancient, Grumpy and Sleepy were inworld. Others had been in earlier today.

May 5 - SSPBIN & SSPBIS_001.jpg

• Like 1

Various stuff has been happening with the SLB regions. More added to the main area and some at the side that I'm guessing are the adult regions from the names (everything is a mix of moderate and general at the moment). Still the four covered regions, which could be a reveal. It's almost like they think we'll be map spying.

• Like 2