SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1 hour ago, AzureWaves said:

That did not happen with Vics. People liked it.

That reveal was not an empty region with just a house on it. Nor was modern, but not having the final textures on the houses was enough to cause a problem.

I get that it's weird if you can imagine things. It's not how I think either, as I'd only need very basic information to put together an example region in my head. But there are plenty of people who don't think that way. A reveal that does not look close to a finished region with finished houses is asking for pain.

• Like 8

17 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

So if the houses are done, can we see a demo region with a house? We don't need to see a whole continent, just one region @Patch Linden😍

I have not given up hope, that LL may work on a demo for Bellisseria's fourth anniversary. But he and all others will not say a peep, because they are still not sure if they can manage it.

The worst outcome would be to say there would be a demo, and then "Sorry, it was unforeseen problems".

Better to work on it in silence. And if it isn't ready, it isn't, but people would not be angry over a broken promise.

I don't have the same enthusiasm anymore. I have become more and more picky with the locations. I liked the Newbrooke houses much more than when I saw the demo. But the regions is packed full with them. All newer regions is overcrowded, also the new houseboats LL builds. The 2048 plots may give a larger, spacious feeling.

But for 250 US, it must impress me with both the look of the houses and the landscaping.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

You all missed the "I'll try to be less ho-hum next time and say something like" part. Emphasis on "next time" and "like". 

I feel like there's a clue here. Hmm, I'd like to solve the riddle. Next time like and subscribe? ;)

Edited by benchthis
sprinkle of cheesy humor
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2023 at 10:15 AM, Nika Talaj said:

In Dashaway, the moles have built a very cute "Boat Bar" area on the dock there. 

On 3/2/2023 at 3:28 PM, Quartz Mole said:

I noticed the boat bar when I was doing some final checks recently -- it's worth a visit.

Voila! The Boat Bars of Dashaway and Kermits Green (underwater).

Dashaway Boat Bar_001.jpg

Kermits Green Boat Bar_001.jpg

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

This is driving me crazy. Could someone clue me in on the riddle lol!

Lol.  Abnor is trying to tell us that the PP homes are not "done" enough to show, without directly contradicting what Patch posted.

In LL's dialect, "done" may be a relativistic term similar to "soon".

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, benchthis said:

Out of curiosity, did search for rectangle homes. This barn house is sweet. Can't go wrong with garage/studio/workshop and vaulted ceilings. 

1.png

2.png

3.png

Cool house!  I am thinking something futuristic since part of the blog post SL20B said:  "Our Fantastic Future. The cornerstone of this idea is what we would define as eco-futurism including sustainability, a focus on our environment, and the next generation of our world. Some might call this science fiction, but what is science fiction except a dream for a possible future?"

• Like 2

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

Map spying forever! Though as far as incomplete demos go, I doubt they'll do that again after the modern reveal. There were enough people who couldn't imagine how the houses would look when finished to generate endless complaints. They ended up redoing the demo.

If they put a house in a featureless region, people would complain that the landscaping is terrible or that the house style looks stark and uninviting (because there's nothing around it). They know that they can't rely on people to imagine what it'll look like when it's in a finished region.

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

Map spying forever! Though as far as incomplete demos go, I doubt they'll do that again after the modern reveal. There were enough people who couldn't imagine how the houses would look when finished to generate endless complaints. They ended up redoing the demo.

If they put a house in a featureless region, people would complain that the landscaping is terrible or that the house style looks stark and uninviting (because there's nothing around it). They know that they can't rely on people to imagine what it'll look like when it's in a finished region.

They've had demo reveals in  events before, so I was really hoping we'd have one at SL20B. But after the Newbrooke debacle sadly I think I have to agree they might do that again:( Which is such a shame! Out of all the reveals it was only really the Newbrooke's that didn't go down well at all...the rest were well pretty well received if I remember correctly (ok you can't please everyone, but on the whole people liked the reveals), and the reveal was like an event in itself, great fun. Please reconsider @Patch Linden if that's the case...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Cool house!  I am thinking something futuristic since part of the blog post SL20B said:  "Our Fantastic Future. The cornerstone of this idea is what we would define as eco-futurism including sustainability, a focus on our environment, and the next generation of our world. Some might call this science fiction, but what is science fiction except a dream for a possible future?"

Ty, Neat idea. Love the theme, still need to catch up, saw that SL20B is looking for performers. I gota keep my eye out for the builder part of it, I'd like to join this year. I know it's little off topic, i'm sorry about that. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

They've had demo reveals in  events before, so I was really hoping we'd have one at SL20B. But after the Newbrooke debacle sadly I think I have to agree they might do that again:( Which is such a shame! Out of all the reveals it was only really the Newbrooke's that didn't go down well at all...the rest were well pretty well received if I remember correctly (ok you can't please everyone, but on the whole people liked the reveals), and the reveal was like an event in itself, great fun. Please reconsider @Patch Linden if that's the case...

We will do a theme reveal - when we're done and ready.  Sakura was an example of a recent successful theme reveal, that mountain backdrop was beautiful!  🙂

Cherry trees and....

My most viewed photo from a theme reveal yet.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@Patch Linden

These new "houseboats" are still not what actual houseboats are in the UK or wider Europe. And it's more than just a different naming convention, as it's a completely different style and culture.

The English-English definition of a houseboat is any boat or ship (usually an old retired one) that has been refitted into a home. Some are seaworthy enough to be self-propelled, or are able to be towed around to alternative locations. Sometimes they're permanantly placed in locations on stilts, or beached on the shoreline on top of supports or blocks. They're also very ad-hoc and have a homemade quality to them and no two houseboats ever look the same.

What LL is offering would be classed as a floathome in the UK & wider Europe, which is essentially a commercially available, new, purpose made and factory produced chalet-like structure built on top of a rectangular floating raft which is not intended to be a form of nautical transport. Which is why they're not called houseboats. Those are floathomes.

So Patch, how about introducing some actual houseboats into your "houseboat" regions? They come in all kinds of shapes, sizes and styles. Some examples:

houseboat-moored-on-the-banks-of-langsto

hb1.jpg

433546_005d1e04.jpg

harbour-houseboat-lead_cs_large_gallery_

moored-beached-wooden-houseboat-on-the-r

Penelope-1-961x640.jpg

penelope-houseboat-for-sale3-1536850040.

5616.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

5edf99755af6cc519c4ae476?width=1000&form

5edf99b9f34d055412081587?width=1000&form

66084478_original.jpg?1535002187

chesterton.jpg

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

These new "houseboats" are still not what actual houseboats are in the UK or wider Europe. And it's more than just a naming convention, as it's a completely different style and culture.

The definition of a houseboat is any boat or ship that has been refitted into a docked or moored home. Some are seaworthy enough to be self-propelled, or towed around to alternative locations. Sometimes they're permanantly placed in locations on stilts, or beached on the shoreline on blocks.

What LL is offering would be classed as a floathome in the UK & wider Europe, which is essentially a chalet-like structure built on top of a rectangular floating raft which is not a form of nautical transport.

Good point! These dont even have steering wheels.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

These new "houseboats" are still not what actual houseboats are in the UK or wider Europe. And it's more than just a naming convention, as it's a completely different style and culture.

The definition of a houseboat is any boat or ship that has been refitted into a docked or moored home. Some are seaworthy enough to be self-propelled, or are able to be towed around to alternative locations. Sometimes they're permanantly placed in locations on stilts, or beached on the shoreline on blocks. They're also very ad-hoc and have a homemade quality to them and no two houseboats ever look the same.

What LL is offering would be classed as a floathome in the UK & wider Europe, which is essentially a commercially available, factory produced chalet-like structure built on top of a rectangular floating raft which is not a form of nautical transport.

UK houseboats sound awesome! In the US, the Linden houseboats are pretty accurate. 

Here's a random one I pulled up that's in Seattle:

https://www.seattlemet.com/home-and-real-estate/2022/12/classic-houseboat-for-sale-eastlake-seattle-housing-market

And a couple not far from me  that are having to battle to stay on the water. No new ones are allowed to be built!

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2016/05/02/owners-counties-tva-hands-off-our-houseboats/83794148/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

The Linden ones are using the term "houseboat" the way it's commonly used in North America. Although an occasional houseboat may have once been a real boat in a previous life, most were never meant to float, much less be sailable.  In my part of the U.S., most of the homes on rivers and lakes are actually called boat houses, which should make you wonder why the word "boat" is there. They are built on piers, sort of like the water versions of the Bellisseria stilt homes but on a more relaxed, low-budget scale. They are year-round residences, although many these days are used as vacation homes or as short-term rentals during fishing/hunting/camping season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Newbrooke reveal was just as disappointing as some of the other themes. The only change I saw once it was actually launched was easter egg colors added, which didn't really help the situation much. I felt exactly the same way during Chalet review - "not for me" but for some other people, it could be fine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

@Patch Linden

These new "houseboats" are still not what actual houseboats are in the UK or wider Europe. And it's more than just a different naming convention, as it's a completely different style and culture.

The English-English definition of a houseboat is any boat or ship (usually an old retired one) that has been refitted into a home. Some are seaworthy enough to be self-propelled, or are able to be towed around to alternative locations. Sometimes they're permanantly placed in locations on stilts, or beached on the shoreline on top of supports or blocks. They're also very ad-hoc and have a homemade quality to them and no two houseboats ever look the same.

What LL is offering would be classed as a floathome in the UK & wider Europe, which is essentially a commercially available, new, purpose made and factory produced chalet-like structure built on top of a rectangular floating raft which is not intended to be a form of nautical transport. Which is why they're not called houseboats. Those are floathomes.

So Patch, how about introducing some actual houseboats into your "houseboat" regions? They come in all kinds of shapes, sizes and styles. Some examples:

hb1.jpg

433546_005d1e04.jpg

Penelope-1-961x640.jpg

chesterton.jpg

Those are pretty, I'm going to need one of those in real life, I need to sail away. I watch a lot of house boat docus on youtube and I can understand where you're coming from. I love the way they can always add models to the themes.

• Like 1

• Administrators

@Patch Linden

A style and culture we implicitly did not chose.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

@Patch Linden

hb1.jpg

433546_005d1e04.jpg

Penelope-1-961x640.jpg

chesterton.jpg

Just no...the exteriors are not very attractive, IMO

• Like 4