Jump to content

SSP?


Garnet Psaltery

Recommended Posts

LL has continued to release the houseboat/Newbrooke regions along Newbrooke's west coast, working North to South.  Note that these regions tend to have a boat rez zone halfway down the dock (at y-coordinate 127).  Hooray!!  In Hedge Fun, that rez zone actually extends all the way over the railroad track, tho there is no marking for it on the track.  In Dashaway, the moles have built a very cute "Boat Bar" area on the dock there.  Note that the auto rez zone there is not permitting rez at the moment (ticket filed).  ETA: rez zone has been fixed.

They have yet to release my favorite boat along that run, in SSPSome Pig (which I won't be claiming).

Maldives_001.jpg.bdbb106b7f02a52d6258bf349491f080.jpg

 

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fantasy has switched to spring (green), though not quite when I expected. I'd assumed it'd change just past midnight, when March began. It actually changed a bit past 10pm SLT the night before. I've not been there when it's happened before, so thought that might interest people.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

I'd assumed it'd change just past midnight, when March began.

Hmmm... I would have expected it to change at midnight UTC perhaps, not PST.  Another of SL's many mysteries.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moles
Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2023 at 6:15 PM, Nika Talaj said:

 In Dashaway, the moles have built a very cute "Boat Bar" area on the dock there. 

I noticed the boat bar when I was doing some final checks recently -- it's worth a visit.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While we were all distracted by Vic Island, LL built another tier onto the new black development area up in SSP-land.  Regions SSP4016-SSP4020 are new.  (No idea why the map is not showing them covered in black ... yet.)  With this addition, this block of regions no longer fits tidily into the void in Newbrooke.  Also, I'm doubting that these are tiles from any previous theme ... adding a single row of regions seems more like they're building from scratch.  New theme buildout?

Newtheme.JPG.ed3ef2fbf3b991a69093193b742008e6.JPG

While gridcruising, I also noticed another recent addition.  CH1-9 showed up in the 2nd week of February.  Roughly halfway between the SSP area and Satori.  Also black covered, also inaccessible.  That is all.

CH1-9.JPG.b1785c59088658ea65776ac586f43bae.JPG

And another addition earlier this month - 8 SL20B "Peach" regions.  No, that's not me in Peach 2, they're not open to random TPs.  20 years!  I'm hoping for quite the party!

SL20B.JPG.9d7cefcc0a70c94845c05125a23aa506.JPG

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

While we were all distracted by Vic Island, LL built another tier onto the new black development area up in SSP-land.  Regions SSP4016-SSP4020 are new.  (No idea why the map is not showing them covered in black ... yet.)  With this addition, this block of regions no longer fits tidily into the void in Newbrooke.  Also, I'm doubting that these are tiles from any previous theme ... adding a single row of regions seems more like they're building from scratch.  New theme buildout?

Newtheme.JPG.ed3ef2fbf3b991a69093193b742008e6.JPG

While gridcruising, I also noticed another recent addition.  CH1-9 showed up in the 2nd week of February.  Roughly halfway between the SSP area and Satori.  Also black covered, also inaccessible.  That is all.

CH1-9.JPG.b1785c59088658ea65776ac586f43bae.JPG

And another addition earlier this month - 8 SL20B "Peach" regions.  No, that's not me in Peach 2, they're not open to random TPs.  20 years!  I'm hoping for quite the party!

SL20B.JPG.9d7cefcc0a70c94845c05125a23aa506.JPG

Do you have a way of knowing when a region hits the grid or are you just keeping great records?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Leora Greenwood said:

Do you have a way of knowing when a region hits the grid or are you just keeping great records?

The grid shepherd!  Tyche Shepherd's gridsurvey.com, choose the "recent arrivals" button.  The site is very slow, and much of it has been dormant for years.  But the bots continue.  And, actually, she herself continues, on twitter. https://twitter.com/tycheshepherd 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The West coast houseboats and the Western channel end of the Newbrook regions up to SSP Josie Banks all have their SSP designation off now.  The lighthouse region on the southern end of the West coast houseboats has its red border gone, but still has its SSP designation.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In today's Lab Gab, Patch was asked about Linden Homes, but his answer was ho-hum.  PP homes are "nearing completion", which is what the status seemed to be in January.  That said, 6 more SSP regions, SSP4004 - SSP4015, have been added to the now rather oddly-shaped black development area.   I'm increasingly noticing the occasional green dot, and also groups of green dots, in these regions.  Also, green dots are now often present in SSPBIS/SSPBIN.  So work has accelerated somewhat, but there's no guarantee that either of these areas are actually PP homes, though it seems likely.

newtheme.thumb.JPG.7b62792147b4377229a66e418291db86.JPG

Victorian enhancements were mentioned as coming "very soon", which given past experience could be any time from 2 weeks to 6 months.  Tho work on Vic Isle was quite intensive a couple weeks ago, little has  happened there recently.

All this said, this Lab Gab was definitely not disappointing, in fact much the opposite, in more than one area.  Well worth a view.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When did this happen? New Linden Home Houseboat styles?? I was out exploring the west coast of the moderns and noticed new boat house styles. Very cool. Going to have to check the other themes for style choice updates.  (not the greatest photos, settings are low)

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Edited by benchthis
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, benchthis said:

When did this happen? New Linden Home Houseboat styles?? I was out exploring the west coast of the moderns and noticed new boat house styles. Very cool. Going to have to check the other themes for style choice updates.  (not the greatest photos, settings are low)

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

I can't remember exactly when they were introduced but it seems like quite a while now. Someone else will have the exact date.
Opted for one as soon as they were released.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, benchthis said:

When did this happen? New Linden Home Houseboat styles?? I was out exploring the west coast of the moderns and noticed new boat house styles. Very cool. Going to have to check the other themes for style choice updates.  (not the greatest photos, settings are low)

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

See Patch's announcement: 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, benchthis said:

When did this happen? New Linden Home Houseboat styles?? I was out exploring the west coast of the moderns and noticed new boat house styles. Very cool. Going to have to check the other themes for style choice updates.  (not the greatest photos, settings are low)

There's no need for that.  Only the houseboats have new models so far, unless you want to count the open floorplan versions of the Traditionals.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matthieu Quander said:

There's no need for that.  Only the houseboats have new models so far, unless you want to count the open floorplan versions of the Traditionals.  

I was able to find one traditional open floor plan; I think the java sprocket design. It is tedious running around looking inside houses to experience what is new.

The new linden homes update post is nice, never realized that was there, ty Frigga Freidman :)

On side note: I like the new Shore Thing design; simple open space living kitchen/galley, perfect bathroom/day head right near the 2 potential bedrooms/cabins. I really like this one a lot. 

Annotation 2023-03-13 133703.png

2.png

Annotation 2023-03-13 133855.png

Edited by benchthis
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, benchthis said:

On side note: I like the new Shore Thing design; simple open space living kitchen/galley, perfect bathroom/day head right near the 2 potential bedrooms/cabins. I really like this one a lot. 

I do too, but I think most folks prefer the larger new models.  I posted pics & LM of my furnished Knot Shore last week, which is also a very simple design.  Feel free to stop by if you like.  That post is followed by a brief but very interesting discussion of easy ways to mesh up simple add-ons.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I do too, but I think most folks prefer the larger new models.  I posted pics & LM of my furnished Knot Shore last week, which is also a very simple design.  Feel free to stop by if you like.  That post is followed by a brief but very interesting discussion of easy ways to mesh up simple add-ons.

I like Knot Shore too. ❤️

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
On 3/10/2023 at 4:10 PM, Nika Talaj said:

In today's Lab Gab, Patch was asked about Linden Homes, but his answer was ho-hum.  

 

I'll try to be less ho-hum next time and say something like, oh the houses are done, the regions are not.  Better?  😜

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

I'll try to be less ho-hum next time and say something like, oh the houses are done, the regions are not.  Better?  😜

That IS better!  

I have to admit to a bit of amazement that you posted this 7 hours ago, and there's been no outcry ... "The homes are done??? Can we see 'em???  Huh? Pleeeease?  WHEN!!"  Are we all asleep?

Maybe if you tap danced while you said it, more would react.

Only 9 more regions to be created, and the numbering scheme for the new theme tiles will be complete, SSP4000-4035.  :)  Of course then the tiles have to be filled with homes & deco .... details, details!   I have seen more green dots there recently.

My own interest in this is (probably) academic, since I'm not planning to get a 2048 parcel.  They'd have to be pretty fantabulous for me to do so.   Nowadays, I just like to follow Belli's development.  It's fascinating.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Map spying forever! Though as far as incomplete demos go, I doubt they'll do that again after the modern reveal. There were enough people who couldn't imagine how the houses would look when finished to generate endless complaints. They ended up redoing the demo.

If they put a house in a featureless region, people would complain that the landscaping is terrible or that the house style looks stark and uninviting (because there's nothing around it). They know that they can't rely on people to imagine what it'll look like when it's in a finished region.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

Map spying forever! Though as far as incomplete demos go, I doubt they'll do that again after the modern reveal. There were enough people who couldn't imagine how the houses would look when finished to generate endless complaints. They ended up redoing the demo.

If they put a house in a featureless region, people would complain that the landscaping is terrible or that the house style looks stark and uninviting (because there's nothing around it). They know that they can't rely on people to imagine what it'll look like when it's in a finished region.

That did not happen with Vics. People liked it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...