SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

A bit above the SL20B Peach regions that Nika noted, there are the final birthday regions popping up. Four also have purple covers, so they're hiding secrets! Search for SLB Awesome to see them.

As this comes up every year, if you see patches of regions with grids appearing nearby, these will be the ones with the resident exhibits and not a Linden Homes thing. Any regions that aren't named when you're zoomed in are ghosts from previous years. Anything else is up for wild guesses and hopes for demos!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

The shoreline Newbrooke/houseboat regions above the void (Catnap -> Admiralty Reef) have all been changed from SSPxxx to their final names.

Also just realised that Josie Banks has switched. This is on the channel separating Newbrooke and chalets and features some nice waterside homes. I missed it the first time as this is the only region that seems to have been renamed in that area. The others are still SSP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

The homes are all still Protected Land, which I believe means that they can be claimed by PP members, but we peons who are merely Premium cannot yet claim them via the Land Page.

We discussed this topic at length in the recent past. We were assured (for the second time) that PP selection is not put ahead of the regular Premium queue. This DID happen once in the past but @Derrick Linden said it was an "exception due to extenuating circumstances".

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/496164-what-if-two-pplus-choose-the-same-linden-home/page/2/#comment-2561737

As of 6:52pm SLT, the 10 newly renamed regions including Catnap and those to the east still have their blue parcel  bumpers and some regions still have the green region center stake... so still a little cleanup needed prior to release.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ramsbottom has not changed name, sigh. It still says SSPRamsbottom. Sigh.

It was that region I made a thread about (See link in post over). It has a purple edge now. I think the colors has been discussed before? Color does not mean anything about how close it is to release?

I was going to pay PPlus and see if I could get that one with a notecard... then I decided it cost too much. I was teleporting there again, just to look and sigh.

sspr.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It was that region I made a thread about (See link in post over). It has a porple edge now. I think the colors has been discussed before? Color does not mean anything about how close it is to release?

Regions usually start out with a green border and end with red. The other colours happen at different times depending on when and where, but ending with red has been pretty consistent. That doesn't help know exactly when though, as some red regions have waited for ages before release. Others have been released very quickly.

• Like 4

The presumably final 9 SSP regions for the new (2048?) theme were created during the past week.  SSP4001 - SSP4013 complete the usual number scheme for new theme tiles.

Now all they have to do is build out the regions, reveal the theme, QA all of them, go back and add more enchanting nooks and crannies, QA them again, ask me to look them over (WHAT?  That's not happening?  I'm shocked!).  I wonder where they're going to be placed?

image.thumb.png.deed72e513a103c6688a57b7b4ffd9d4.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, so.  Region releases in the northeastern houseboat area have continued, which has doubtless made many folks very happy. 

Work on the new theme is ongoing, actually the pace has picked up, so that even this evening at 7:30SLT, there are two folks working up in SSP4030 and SSP4022.  During the day one can sometimes catch 4or more folks working simultaneously there, as well as fairly frequent visitors to SSP83X (usually used for home controller debugging), and to SSP Test2 and SSPBIN/SSPBIS (new theme reveal regions, north and south?). 

You might think that with all this activity we might have a reveal at the Fantasy Faire. FF regions are ongrid (it opens on the 20th), and Patch will be jailed on the 21st, but I don't recall a reveal ever being done at FF.  It's a place for resident magic.  Should we hold our collective breath for hints from Patch soon, or a reveal at the Birthday, in June?  Probably unwise.   

Last fall, Patch created the expectation that VIc open floorplans and community region would come before the new theme - but work on Vic Island has ceased, so probably no breath should be held for the arrival of SSPVCR in Belli, either.  Probably it's best not to anticipate, so that if/when these events happen, they come as delightful surprises, like Hanami and the alien incursions.

May I make a confession?  I'm following the new theme development not because I'm very interested in a 2048 Linden Home theme, but because I have a furtive hope that it will be placed north of LogLand, thereby enabling the eventual completion of that coast, and hopefully a direct water passage between Olde Belli and the Stilts.

Hope Springs Eternal, n'est-ce pas?

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Patch gave a very nice speech off-the-cuff at Belli's birthday this morning.  I'm sure someone will be posting it on youtube.  Interestingly, he very gracefully thanked all of Belli for contributions to its creation.  How have we contributed?  By giving positive feedback and suggestions -- he pointed out that since the start of Belli (he first pitched the idea to his team in 2018), LL and the moles have valued residents' ideas and feedback, and tried to make plans that hit the mark for us.  

(Like the suggestion in the posts immediately preceding this one, @Patch Linden ?  Pleeeeese?)

In that vein: they are preparing a 2-region welcome area for Belli, that will have samples of all the themes!  Yay!!!!  I wonder if that's what they're building in SSPBIN & SSPBIS?   I hope they can get it done before SL's birthday, so a lot of folks (particularly current 1st gen LH residents) hear about it.  He said something about current Belli residents also spending some time there - it might be fun to drop by to answer questions at times.  Maybe they'll throw Open House events :)  A thought: that time they had residents decorate LH's for everyone to see at - was it a birthday? - was really fun.  It would be great fun if occasionally they did that in the Welcome area, which might reassure prospective residents that YES, you can fully furnish a home with 351 LI.  Maybe we could submit builds that we've already done.

He also shared that there will be more floorplans (for existing themes, presumably) as well as new themes, following the P+ home release :)  He says they have lots of plans going forward, and he implied that we should watch closely as SLB approaches in June.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 11

16 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Patch gave a very nice speech off-the-cuff at Belli's birthday this morning.  I'm sure someone will be posting it on youtube.  Interestingly, he very gracefully thanked all of Belli for contributions to its creation.  How have we contributed?  By giving positive feedback and suggestions -- he pointed out that since the start of Belli (he first pitched the idea to his team in 2018), LL and the moles have valued residents' ideas and feedback, and tried to make plans that hit the mark for us.  

(Like the suggestion in the posts immediately preceding this one, @Patch Linden ?  Pleeeeese?)

In that vein: they are preparing a 2-region welcome area for Belli, that will have samples of all the themes!  Yay!!!!  I wonder if that's what they're building in SSPBIN & SSPBIS?   I hope they can get it done before SL's birthday, so a lot of folks (particularly current 1st gen LH residents) hear about it.  He said something about current Belli residents also spending some time there - it might be fun to drop by to answer questions at times.  Maybe they'll throw Open House events :)  A thought: that time they had residents decorate LH's for everyone to see at - was it a birthday? - was really fun.  It would be great fun if occasionally they did that in the Welcome area, which might reassure prospective residents that YES, you can fully furnish a home with 351 LI.  Maybe we could submit builds that we've already done.

He also shared that there will be more floorplans (for existing themes, presumably) as well as new themes, following the P+ home release :)  He says they have lots of plans going forward, and he implied that we should watch closely as SLB approaches in June.

Thank you for this. I had wanted to attend to hear his speech but I couldn't get in. Now I have a little something to look forward to. You're a doll! (I'll try looking on YouTube for the full speech tonight.)

• Like 3

PSSSTTTT!!!!

IS IT HAPPENING???

The new BelliHub and BelliDemo regions have joined the grid!  Much rejoicing!

But that's not all!

All the empty regions outlined in red have ALSO joined the grid!!   They are not yet visible on the map, but there is now a water passage from Saltmarsh to Harvest Market 😎  They will probably show on the map tomorrow.

This is only about a fourth of the way to complete the Northwest Passage, but ... oh, it seems like it may happen .... sooner rather than much much later???  Maybe this year?

The regions all have real (not SSP) names, and the log-adjacent coastlines are typically mountainous.  No parcels as yet - the log coastline may have to be built-out by hand.  Of course, the regions between BelliHub and the Pickle and Upper Clump are open water.

northwestpassage.JPG.631a78ab49f1f75beb11155b72d7f7ee.JPG

O frabjous day!  CALLOOH!  CALLAY!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

5 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

PSSSTTTT!!!!

IS IT HAPPENING???

The new BelliHub and BelliDemo regions have joined the grid!  Much rejoicing!

But that's not all!

All the empty regions outlined in red have ALSO joined the grid!!   They are not yet visible on the map, but there is now a water passage from Saltmarsh to Harvest Market 😎  They will probably show on the map tomorrow.

Well, later, when I'll be online, I'll be boating around from my HB to the BelliHUb :)

I've been waiting for this for this to happen

Captura de Ecrã (14).jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I ask @Nika Talaj for permission to use the map she made, as I have been in Trafalgar since it was launched more than 2 years ago, waiting for that moment to sail to the Chalets, it is still not possible, but yesterday I had fun going back and forth by sea circling the HUB islands. Long live Bellisseria!!!

belli2.jpg.22081e7f32d7ebb4a3be9a2393621282.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nando Yip said:

I ask @Nika Talaj for permission to use the map she made, as I have been in Trafalgar since it was launched more than 2 years ago, waiting for that moment to sail to the Chalets, it is still not possible, but yesterday I had fun going back and forth by sea circling the HUB islands. Long live Bellisseria!!!

belli2.jpg.22081e7f32d7ebb4a3be9a2393621282.jpg

I know that you mean that you can't sail to the Chalets the way that we all want, but in case anyone is confused, technically, it is possible:
image.thumb.png.fc638fe7c15af753103c1b2a29b0d920.png

• Like 7

The new northern coastline of the Log Homes is starting to emerge. So far, the coastline has no homes and provides a steep shoreline ascending to a max of approximately 66m. There is a convenient water rez zone just north of Snert in the SE corner of Saltmarsh.

2023-04-20 log northern coast.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3