Who is here?

Derekmate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Derekmate said:

I thin it would be a lovely future if we would know how is reading the forum. 

assuming you mean "who" ... you can see it already when you click on peoples name.. a total useless and unneeded feature. For me it's getting close to invading my privacy  ;)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 4

On 7/23/2018 at 10:58 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

assuming you mean "who" ... you can see it already when you click on peoples name.. a total useless and unneeded feature. For me it's getting close to invading my privacy  ;)

No need even to click on the name. Just hover your mouse pointer on top of the name and a window pops up.

2018-07-24_who-is-reading.jpg.81b0d83d419aaebcc07cd3bfd9b50241.jpg

Ah, I noticed too that when you click the name then you go to the profile and it shows is the person logged in the forums.
The green dot shows the person is logged in the forums. Hovering mouse over the dot reveals text "Coby Foden is online now".

2018-07-24_online.jpg.7af3dcadc9f659e544e0316fb4642238.jpg

And the green dot also shows in the forum too, when hovering mouse over the name, if the person is online.
No green dot in either window, then the person is not online.

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

Ah, I noticed too that when you click the name then you go to the profile and it shows is the person logged in the forums.
The green dot shows the person is logged in the forums. Hovering mouse over the dot reveals text "Coby Foden is online now".

2018-07-24_online.jpg.7af3dcadc9f659e544e0316fb4642238.jpg

And the green dot also shows in the forum too, when hovering mouse over the name, if the person is online.
No green dot in either window, then the person is not online.

Being "online now" is not the same as "being at the keyboard now". I probably show as online all day long, as I'm perpetually logged in on my computer, iPad and phone. But I only pop in momentarily to draw attention to myself.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Being "online now" is not the same as "being at the keyboard now". I probably show as online all day long, as I'm perpetually logged in on my computer, iPad and phone. But I only pop in momentarily to draw attention to myself.

I believe it shows as being "online" for about five or, maybe ten minutes after any activity like posting, changing pages, etc. Also, if you notice in anyone's profile, it will tell you which thread they're "looking at right now" - which also will have a time-delay on it until you either change threads or the timer cooks-oof.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Derekmate said:

That is cool and I know that but I'm not going around too click on everybody to see if they online. But if on the main forum page would be a list how is online would be nice. 

A list of possibly thousands of people that are"online" on the forums? What possible use is a feature like that? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

A list of possibly thousands of people that are"online" on the forums? What possible use is a feature like that? 

Every bit as useful as all those green dots stacked on themselves you see on the world map, usually very high in the sky and often standing around like lobotomy patients.

4 hours ago, Jules Catlyn said:

Not a fan of a feature like that. I prefer lurking in the bushes

I would like to have a feature to silently login inworld. Why there is a need, when I login, to announce all the people in my friends list that "Coby Foden is online"?
If somebody wanted to know am I online or not then they could check it in their friends list. No need to make a public announcement of it to everybody at login.

Often just after login I like to check many things before socializing. Immediate IMs at that stage are a kind of disturbance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

10 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I believe it shows as being "online" for about five or, maybe ten minutes after any activity like posting, changing pages, etc. Also, if you notice in anyone's profile, it will tell you which thread they're "looking at right now" - which also will have a time-delay on it until you either change threads or the timer cooks-oof.

Timeout is 15 minutes - I tested with an alt.  So even though I stay logged in all the time, others really can tell whether I'm actively here or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Timeout is 15 minutes - I tested with an alt.  So even though I stay logged in all the time, others really can tell whether I'm actively here or not.

I'm glad there is a timeout.  I often get up from my desk to take care of something without logging out, and get involved in other things forgetting that on my PC I've been 'viewing' something like "Looking for a BI girl" for 2 hours....  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Should we start a clocking in system or school register where we all have to sign in each morning when we log in?  My browser is open constantly with the forums and some other places.  I might be off in the garden, cooking  or in world so not really here

image.jpeg.10226bcb737dc71702dd8319f6cbc80e.jpeg

6 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Should we start a clocking in system or school register where we all have to sign in each morning when we log in?  My browser is open constantly with the forums and some other places.  I might be off in the garden, cooking  or in world so not really here

image.jpeg.10226bcb737dc71702dd8319f6cbc80e.jpeg

"Present!"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

*sigh*

I'm not sure I even made it to the forums yesterday.  Things way to busy at work right now and last night out internet was out for quite a while.

You missed Alwin handing out socks in case we weren't warm enough :)

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.