15% less tier where are they?

Holger Gilruth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Holger Gilruth said:

I am really wondering when i look at marketplace and inworld.

The prices for Homestead are still the same in L$ then before the bis 15% price change.

Do i miss something or do you think that will change in the future?

It all depends if landlords pass on their savings.  Not all do. 

• Like 1

I'd say,private sim owners may sit on it for awhile to see if that market changes..They may not be in too much of a rush to pass along their savings..

They are in it for the money if anything..

I would think them getting a deal doesn't necessarily mean everyone gets a deal..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Holger Gilruth said:

The prices for Homestead are still the same in L$ then before the bis 15% price change.

That price discount was for buying/owning a homestead direct from Linden Labs. The sim owners are under no obligation to pass the savings on to renters. If you want the discount, go buy a homestead from LL.

3 hours ago, Holger Gilruth said:

shop/rent wisely, check and double check several landlords, i know there are who do actualy use the discounts in their rent.

Also seen others do it partly or not at all.

The invisible hand. It's inevitable that competition will drive rents downward eventually, and landlords who keep the old prices (without adding more value in some other way) will eventually lose customers to other suppliers who are more responsive to the market.

One thing, though: already grandfathered regions don't get any benefit from the new pricing, so those have no savings to pass on.

6 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'd say,private sim owners may sit on it for awhile to see if that market changes.

(This is not directed at Ceka; I want to springboard off of what she said)

Many owners may not even know it has been reduced yet.

Only a small fraction of the user base will visit the company website and it is the same with Second Life.  If more than 10% of the landowners knew they were getting a reduced rate before they saw it on their invoice I would be amazed.  Now I wonder how many will never notice until enough customers and peers tell them the prices have changed.

In short, we are a more informed segment of the population simply because of what we pickup while chatting here.  It will take time for that information to disseminate through the rest of the in world community.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Holger Gilruth said:

Prices clearly dropped $500 a week for new customers on a homestead from 7500 to 7000. For existing customer, talk to your landlord.

You can tell a lot of people have caught wind of it in this forum..Go look at all the threads that are about land that are in here today compared to yesterday..it's almost the whole page..

hehehehe

ETA: DOH!! \o/

The reason I'm seeing so many land threads is,I didn't realize they moved the thread to the land forums..:$

Edited by Ceka Cianci

On 10.7.2018 at 3:41 PM, Holger Gilruth said:

Most Homesteads already are on the even lower grandfathered monthly fee, especially those rented out by big land companies. For them nothing changed, so they have nothing to forward to their customers. Same goes for grandfathered full regions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Most Homesteads already are on the even lower grandfathered monthly fee, especially those rented out by big land companies. For them nothing changed, so they have nothing to forward to their customers. Same goes for grandfathered full regions.

True - but renting out GF-ed sims might have become less profitable now. Still some folks will go for the cheapest sim available and that right now still is a GF-ed homestead.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 1:26 PM, Qie Niangao said:

The invisible hand. It's inevitable that competition will drive rents downward eventually, and landlords who keep the old prices (without adding more value in some other way) will eventually lose customers to other suppliers who are more responsive to the market.

One thing, though: already grandfathered regions don't get any benefit from the new pricing, so those have no savings to pass on.

Eventually, yes, the invisible hand will probably drive rents downward. But, if they're still able to get business at the old rate then there's literally no incentive for them to reduce rates.

• 1 month later...

We have never raised rent in the first place so our residents have mostly been with us for 10+ years. We ARE quite small only have three islands and an open space sim but dont think that all private island owners treat this as a business. We just added a third island so our existing residents could expand and we could offer some additional parcels for rent. I know of several other people who have really small operations and they are alot like me and my sisters. we just want to rent out enough land to help subsidize our SL playtime and SHOPPING LOL.  I do advise to ensure that smaller operations have been around awhile to be on the safe side but anyone looking for land should be able to find it easily enough AND at fair prices.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.