Racism in player profiles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm kinda loving all this commentary on posts that are 2 freakin years old.

You’re right. Went back to see how this got revived.

The timing is questionable and I’m suspicious of the motives behind someone going back two years to find a thread about racism and bringing it back to life with an inflammatory post then disappearing.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You’re right. Went back to see how this got revived.

The timing is questionable and I’m suspicious of the motives behind someone going back two years to find a thread about racism and bringing it back to life with an inflammatory post then disappearing.

Curious - what did you find inflammatory about Swansong's post?  I get the timing part with the current situation in Minneapolis and the Georgia murder, but there is nothing about the post to indicate he/she is racist or even from what country or race he/she is.  It seems like multiple steps of assumption to read ill-intent into it, but I'm not always the brightest bulb on the tree.

I didn't even realize this was an old thread, but when I read the most recent page it seemed interesting and actually read it all the way through.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Curious - what did you find inflammatory about Swansong's post?

Alarm bells start going off for me when anyone feels like they have to say they’re proud of their race.

I’ll explain more tomorrow if need be as to why that sets of the alarms for me. Right now I’m turning my attention to the cops in my city firing tear gas at protesters. Two people have been shot. I can hear the flash bangs from my house. And now we seem to have our first fire. 😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

If the best way someone can think of to express pride in their heritage is to post the lyrics from their favorite Nazi song, yeah, okay. You might be an ***** if...

I don't see how there's any question about deleting anything I'd have bought from them. Most of the stuff in SL only costs a few cents anyway. Throw it away and buy one that wasn't made by a Nazi. Or at least put it in a folder labeled "Things I can never use again but it hurts so much to throw anything away".

You know why IBM and VW are terrible analogies to Nazi guy from the OP? Because they aren't celebrating Nazis now. VWs don't play the Horst Wessel Song when you turn the key (at least I don't think they do, I drive a Hyundai) and IBM took the SS off their customer success stories web page like eighty years ago.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Alarm bells start going off for me when anyone feels like they have to say they’re proud of their race.

I’ll explain more tomorrow if need be as to why that sets of the alarms for me. Right now I’m turning my attention to the cops in my city firing tear gas at protesters. Two people have been shot. I can hear the flash bangs from my house. And now we seem to have our first fire. 😢

Not completely apropos for the current situation, but I always liked this song.  

On 5/29/2020 at 2:19 AM, Maryanne Solo said:

No of course not. Who would?

Because you said:

On 5/28/2020 at 2:29 AM, Maryanne Solo said:

Would a creator expressing those views, (even as song words), make something I would be interested in buying?
I keep coming up with a big no.
Not quite sure how others could see any differently.

If you dont research a merchant before buying an item, how would you ever see those words in his profile? YOu may very well have bought many many items from racist, bigoted, hate filled people without ever knowing. 

What a person makes and their views on issues and life are two very different things. The guy who started Chik-fil-a is an anti-lgbt, anti-womens rights, hateful person. But, damn if that chicken sandwich isnt the best i ate. After finding out his views i stopped buying there. Yes i realise the company views are different than his, but that is only because of laws that were hard fought for. He still donates to those causes. 

Besides, i found  copycat recipe that tastes better. 

Also..  IBTL!

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire

On 5/29/2020 at 12:07 AM, Rhun DeCuir said:

I do believe that Voltaire meant political discourse, not personal disagreement or insult.

Often attributed to him, it wasn't Voltaire who said that, it was his biographer in one of her books. 
Just saying.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.