ideas for an inexpensive mesh body/head (male)

Zurcon Zanetti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi folks, i want to upgrade but a little shy on funds at the moment, 

I JUST missed the signature sale by like 3 hours.. sigh.. that would have been ideal. I am interested in becoming mesh. I looked at the Ocacin and that just didn't to it for me. I'm sure its a nice body, but i want to keep looking. I don't mind spending some money, but 3500L for the body and 3500L for the head is a bit beyond my budget. TMP seems to be dated from what I've read. My budget is prob 3500L for the total package right now. does signature have those kind of sales often? i can wait it out if need be. not in a rush really. been around 11 years or so, a couple months wont kill me.

Thanks! 

you can have a look at exmachina, they have a free version as demo, but looks the same as the full version.

If i'm not wrong theres another brand that has a free body, but also limited in use.

Nearly sure others will mention the name here... my brains refuse to give it to me :)

Other way.... you could go for the body only and keep your system head, of course it's not a bento mesh head, but for sure not has to be a bad picture

Not sure how often they have sales at Signature, but from various blogs I've read, this wasn't their first so I'm certain it won't be the last.

L$3500 is rather low for a full package, however you can get started on a mesh head by getting one of the original non-Bento heads from Catwa, they are only L$900 in store, if you don't also buy the animation packs. Being non-bento they're not modifyable by shape sliders but you can get a multitude of different looks just by changing the skin and the advantage here is that nearly all skin makers do catwa appliers, whereas fewer do Omega appliers for other heads. I use one of these basic Catwa heads myself and I am very happy with it.

At this stage you might want to consider getting one of those heads, plus Slink hands & feet (because those are the worst parts of the classic avatar) and keep the rest of your body Classic until Signature (or another body-maker) has another flash sale.  The basic head plus the Slink hands and feet will be about L$2400 which leaves you with about L$1100 left; just enough for a quality skin.

I'd actually go the opposite road and settle for a body first, before you pick a head. It might make the transition easier, in a way, because you'll still have a familiar face to look at, while adjusting the body to your liking. 

Personally, I think that the old Belleza system skins and the Jake body actually blend quite well, despite that Jake is notorious for its neck fit problems.

• Like 1

If it was me...I would save my money and wait until you can afford a upper tier body and not skimp. You want something well supported but clothing, skin and other creators. If it means sticking with a system head for a while do that and then get the mesh head later. It just doesn't pay to go cheap on mesh body parts.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

If i'm not wrong theres another brand that has a free body, but also limited in use.

Nearly sure others will mention the name here... my brains refuse to give it to me :)

Altamura Max in two skin variants at the unihispana and ajuda brazil newbie help centers (one variant in each place)?

Edited by Fionalein

is it easy to get clothing for  altamara? I don't recall seeing much around, but then again, i haven't looked, so there is that...   :ph34r: If i have to wait for a Signature flash sale , i will. I signed up for the group and i suppose waiting a month or two or whatever wont be the end of the world.

Altamura has a complete body and head on sale now. Checking group.

"Hurry down to the eBento event NOW!!!

Max is out and about, and raring to go. Full version is L$300 exclusive to eBento event."

It is a nice body. It should take appliers but they are Omega and not much out there. Another thread recently (mine) on Omega for males. 

• Thanks 1

picked up the altamura max body for now, but still watching for a signature sale. The alpha cuts are actually pretty good on the Max body, i can make almost anything fit. that works for now , thanks!  

The skin that come with it isn't horrible either, for 300L, (+50L to join the group) it was a good purchase and gets me through the next few months

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zurcon Zanetti said:

is it easy to get clothing for  altamara? I don't recall seeing much around, but then again, i haven't looked, so there is that...   :ph34r: If i have to wait for a Signature flash sale , i will. I signed up for the group and i suppose waiting a month or two or whatever wont be the end of the world.

nope, but unless you like wearing only shorts or hang out at beaches men usually wear long sleeved stuff. It is enough for me, but I use it less than 1% of my time (usually to annoy guys by having a better looking male avatar than they do despite having payed nothing for it)

Edited by Fionalein

21 hours ago, Zurcon Zanetti said:

:ph34r: If i have to wait for a Signature flash sale , i will. I signed up for the group and i suppose waiting a month or two or whatever wont be the end of the world.

You um, just missed one I think? Unless it's still on? 50% off on all their stuff. 

On 15/05/2018 at 9:43 PM, Zurcon Zanetti said:

picked up the altamura max body for now, but still watching for a signature sale. The alpha cuts are actually pretty good on the Max body, i can make almost anything fit. that works for now , thanks!

Here's a recent pic of the free version of Max:

5afcc113889dc_Max112.thumb.png.fe556ed2e38ed0e4a2a9c27df21b7228.png

Disclaimer: I'm not quite sure what Max is doing in this pic, looking all subby, and certainly don't condone objectifying an avatar and making non-consensual plans regarding wardrobe updates in the near future...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zurcon Zanetti said:

Love that hair Lexxi, which one is that?

It's the Bewkie hair from Truth (was the Group Gift in March*). Great for both male and female avatars as the tied-back design doesn't cut into the back or shoulders.

*It'll be on sale in the store now, I think.

Edited by LexxiXhan

• 4 months later...
On 5/17/2018 at 6:54 PM, SamMoon777 said:

i bought Altamura Max. can it work with low graphic settings?lol i m white now

try enabling hardware skin rendering, should do the trick.

PS: OMG vanity why did you necro this one?

Edited by Fionalein

• 1 month later...

I have pulled together all the information I have about free and inexpensive mesh heads for male avatars into one blogpost:

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/10/04/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-free-and-inexpensive-mesh-heads-and-bodies-for-male-second-life-avatars/

(Sorry FIona! I didn't mean to necro this thread! I should always check the date first!)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.