Jump to content
Adams Scarmon

The hate on child avatars?

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

Just because it is their rp I don't see why I should be told when on a sim where there is a child avi that I can't say that, do that, wear that. Your chosen existence in SL is affecting my chosen existence simple as that.

Therefore sim owners have to decide do they cater for the handful of child avi's that want to visit or do they cater for the larger number of people who prefer to not be exposed to the censorship of their sl experience. That is why sims ban you

Just as I don't see why I should be banned from somewhere just because you want to dress like a hooker in public. Your chosen existence in SL is affecting my chosen existence. See what I did there? Your argument doesn't hold up so well when you reverse it, does it? That's exactly what I'm saying. You wouldn't dare replace "child" with "black" or "woman" or anyone else, because that would make you sound like a bigot and no one would support you.

Your experience isn't any more or less valid than mine. Being a part of society means compromising so that you can in fact be a part if it. My compromise is that kids aren't allowed in some places for clear legal reasons, and I more than accept that. What's your compromise? Or are you too busy with your head up your own ass to see that? Stop implying that everyone else is playing this game the wrong way and that your rights and freedoms are somehow more valid than everyone else's. I won't miss you when you leave the places I visit.

Edited by HarrisonMcKenzie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

Just as I don't see why I should be banned from somewhere just because you want to dress like a hooker in public. Your chosen existence in SL is affecting my chosen existence. See what I did there? Your argument doesn't hold up so well when you reverse it, does it? That's exactly what I'm saying. You wouldn't dare replace "child" with "black" or "woman" or anyone else, because that would make you sound like a bigot and no one would support you.

Your experience isn't any more or less valid than mine. Being a part of society means compromising so that you can in fact be a part if it. My compromise is that kids aren't allowed in some places for clear legal reasons, and I more than accept that. What's your compromise? Or are you too busy with your head up your own ass to see that?

I dont go to Sims where children should be the difference is if a sim allows children I dont campaign to have them banned I just accept it and go elsewhere. In effect your prescence restricts my sim choice too. A child avi has no business being on an adult rated sim in my view any more than a child should be in a bar or night club irl

In addition you have a choice if you want to goto those Sims simply put on an adult avi to visit. See you aren't banned just one particular avi of yours is banned. Choices have consequences. You want to be a child then face the consequences

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

I dont go to Sims where children should be the difference is if a sim allows children I dont campaign to have them banned I just accept it and go elsewhere. In effect your prescence restricts my sim choice too. A child avi has no business being on an adult rated sim in my view any more than a child should be in a bar or night club irl

In addition you have a choice if you want to goto those Sims simply put on an adult avi to visit. See you aren't banned just one particular avi of yours is banned. Choices have consequences. You want to be a child then face the consequences

Did you hear that? The sound of a door slamming shut? That's your mind being closed to new ideas that hurt your feelings. You're a hypocrite and want to push your double standard life on everyone else instead of learning how to accept different people.

Bye. I don't argue with closeminded fools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

Did you hear that? The sound of a door slamming shut? That's your mind being closed to new ideas that hurt your feelings. You're a hypocrite and want to push your double standard life on everyone else instead of learning how to accept different people.

Bye. I don't argue with closeminded fools.

It doesnt hurt my feelings I merely want to be able to not have to watch what I say , do, and wear on an adult sim. I am happy for you to play a child all I ask is you stay out of sims where you have no business so you can get on with your child experience and I can get on with my adult experience. This is why I goto sims where child avi's aren't allowed. 

You don't like that then frankly I don't care it is no more discrimination than in real life preferring to goto bars with a no children policy 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

 A child avi has no business being on an adult rated sim in my view any more than a child should be in a bar or night club irl

the rules clearly say Child avatars can't join in at, or be close to adult activities... that's something totally different than being on a adult sim.

Would get a real strange thing when you project that at rl... no kids allowed in streets where bars or nightclubs are.

A adult sim IS no adult venue, but it CAN have one.

There are no kids in SL, just adults playing one. And to protect against possible ***** situations those avatars can't participate in the adult activities.

 

And before you think i defend kids... i can't handle them in rl nor in sl,  i simply don't understand them in rl.... and i hate it to be forced to join their rp in sl while they hang out everywhere with their mwummies and dwaddies talking in public and being simply annyoing ..also the stage before that... the horrible pregnant tummietalkers, ... blocked/muted and gone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

the rules clearly say Child avatars can't join in at, or be close to adult activities... that's something totally different than being on a adult sim.

Would get a real strange thing when you project that at rl... no kids allowed in streets where bars or nightclubs are.

A adult sim IS no adult venue, but it CAN have one.

There are no kids in SL, just adults playing one. And to protect against possible ***** situations those avatars can't participate in the adult activities.

 

And before you think i defend kids... i can't handle them in rl nor in sl,  i simply don't understand them in rl.... and i hate it to be forced to join their rp in sl while they hang out everywhere with their mwummies and dwaddies talking in public and being simply annyoing ..also the stage before that... the horrible pregnant tummietalkers, ... blocked/muted and gone.

The correction is fair I meant of course sims which have adult activity as their theme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KanryDrago said:

The correction is fair I meant of course sims which have adult activity as their theme

Which isn't what I was talking about. Se point 2 of my post. I'm not here to cyber or do sexual A-play, and I would never fight for my right to be around that kind of content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2017 at 2:09 PM, Adams Scarmon said:

The ''hate'' on child avatars is real in SL.

 

And with very good reason.

I have never met a child avatar tenant that didn't eventually cause trouble of one kind or another, and usually of the worst kind that is banned in SL.

I've seldom been wrong about them. I used to tolerate them if they seemed to be "G" in behavior, but then I rapidly discovered that that's just their whiny hustle, like griefers.

That they are tolerated in Zindra and that the Lindens sanctioned this due to creepy special pleading by certain oldby lobbyists is just one of the creep factors of SL. they should be banned from Adult land.

That they whine, and edge-case and demand their "rights" when you ban them from Adult land, or ban them after discovering them with an adult bed (which they edge-case as "not an offense blah blah) is just part of the overall bad rap that they deservedly get.

For the most part, Gor, BDSM, etc. do not impose their role-play on outsiders. Occasionally you get one with no sense of boundary practicing their bully arts on you, but generally they don't impose. Not so child avatars, who are always demanding you accept them *or else*. But I don't. I explicitly ban them from some areas where they might come to "role play" and I routinely kick them out of Mature because they have no reason to be in it, let alone with any adult furniture.

Why we have to keep justifying this and explaining this and asserting our rights to do this -- all part of the awful side of SL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2017 at 6:09 AM, Adams Scarmon said:

I'm not a child avatar but some of my friends are.

It's pretty clear someone who poses naked in the profile picture - a TOS violation by the way as profile pictures should be G - isn't a kid.

As for your friends, I think you can see by now that your thread probably isn't helping them as you thought it would. It just gives people the chance to restate their deeply embedded convictions, which /is/ going to hurt some people on each side of this equation. People are quite rigid, you won't change them easily, especially if it's an emotive topic like kids (let alone kids in adult sims), or Trump, or Merkel.

Adams, I can't speak for anyone but myself, so my thought is I personally don't think this thread has been useful for the kid community, it's just reinforcing the attitude of adults, and the reasons /most/ kids stay in a very small number of regions, many too scared of adults to step outside that small sub-worold. It's wiser, I consider, to just leave everyone in their little worlds and don't stir the pot. 

When push comes to shove, for those who want to ban kids, they can. After all, they pay for their land. I would always hope the officers would ask the child to grow up, and I would hope the child would do so out of respect, or leave without back talk. 

How they choose to ban kids from their parcel is no different to how I autokick 9 foot people from my sims (as they make normal sized people feel like kids), or how I kick the 1 day old newb trolls who seeming love to cause problems. 

 

On your land you can ban people for any reason, even the colour of someone's hair. The banned person has the right to go to other places, and they have the right to open their own sim - which is the course I took.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know for sure, but i bet there are acceptable acting children in sl. Brought to life by adults who want to re-experience their childhood again, or who want to live the childhood they have never had.
Probably you wont meet those on creepy places like "Sunset beach", where 10 year old girls with lollys in theirs mouths are dancing naked in front of old men avatars.

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

 

6. When you want to ban or discriminate against child avatars, replace "child" with "blacks" or another type of person and see how you feel about it.

Nice, we got to page 3 before someone played the race card. There's a BIG difference between child avatars and blacks. I can't be ARed because an adult black is standing beside my sex bed.

But, if i did want to exclude all blacks from my SL property, that's still my right, my choice, my SL and my rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Nice, we got to page 3 before someone played the race card. There's a BIG difference between child avatars and blacks. I can't be ARed because an adult black is standing beside my sex bed.

But, if i did want to exclude all blacks from my SL property, that's still my right, my choice, my SL and my rules.

There is also a difference between rl discrimination against black and so called discrimination against child avis.

Rl discrimination is wrong because its based on something you have no control over. Child avi's you do have a choice and you can simply put on an adult body to visit those sims you cant goto as a child avi. We dont need to pander to your choices. You want to make them fine but dont expect everyone else to change how they want to be because of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to a Trans Siberian Orchestra concert in SL on the weekend, it was on some Christmas sim. A tiny kid showed up, profile said two years old. She just stood and watched the concert like anyone else. No biggy, we were all there for the same reason.

Now if she had imed me and said I better wear panties because she could see my genitals up under my skirt, that would have been a problem. For her, not for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

I dont know for sure, but i bet there are acceptable acting children in sl. Brought to life by adults who want to re-experience their childhood again, or who want to live the childhood they have never had.
Probably you wont meet those on creepy places like "Sunset beach", where 10 year old girls with lollys in theirs mouths are dancing naked in front of old men avatars.

Yes, but there are many "family friendly" nude beaches, but I bet even in those places there's kids trying to pick up adults, and old men  who go just to look at the naked child avis.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its funny, occasionally a friend of mine will show up on a new alt and say, oh its terrible, someone hacked my account and now its been perma banned from second life.

I think uh huh, got caught diddling a kid didja?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my mind the biggest problem about kid avis is how short adults are unfairly banned from many sims due to their height. Kids sure, ban them,  but to ban adults just because they fall below some arbitrary cut off height is kind of unfair. But once again it comes down to their sim their rules.

I'm about 6 ft tall barefoot, but i'm tiny compared to the glamazons and hulks that seem to predominate SL.

I was once told to leave a nude beach by some 9 ft tall freak because child avatars were not allowed. She had heard me call another avatar mom. I soon set her straight and she left me alone. 

But if she did kick me, i'd be like whatever.

I've also been told to leave "human only" sims for wearing neko or bunny ears and tail.

I just laugh and tp out.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
fixed a word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hermione Lefevre said:

why is this an issue at all, if you choose to be a child then you are treated as one, meaning no access to adult sims..period

Because apparently those that wish to play children (some not all) think they should be allowed gridwide access

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I'm my mind the biggest problem about kid avis is how short adults are unfairly banned from many sims due to their height.

Yah... See, many Adult sims the themed ones not 'residential on zindra', but private island regions open to the public...

Many of these rightly ban the lreepy kid AR-Clickbait avis, but, they cannot manage to have a boot & ban enabled staff member from the land group on sim awake, 24/7/52, to check each and every arrival, so, you install a height checker.

Will it affect short adults, yes, but losing a small percentage of your legitimate traffic because they are short is better than losing a large percentage of your tradffic because LL's closed your sim under suspicion of hosting paedo-rings following an AR-Clickbait griefer attack by Paedo Mc Kreepy and the Prepubescent Liberation Army...

It's basic set theory vs practical reality, not all members of the set 'short' are kreepy kids, but all members of the set 'kreepy kids' are short...
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hermione Lefevre said:

meaning no access to adult sims..period

...still not clear what the rules really are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Klytyna said:

Yah... See, many Adult sims the themed ones not 'residential on zindra', but private island regions open to the public...

Many of these rightly ban the lreepy kid AR-Clickbait avis, but, they cannot manage to have a boot & ban enabled staff member from the land group on sim awake, 24/7/52, to check each and every arrival, so, you install a height checker.

Will it affect short adults, yes, but losing a small percentage of your legitimate traffic because they are short is better than losing a large percentage of your tradffic because LL's closed your sim under suspicion of hosting paedo-rings following an AR-Clickbait griefer attack by Paedo Mc Kreepy and the Prepubescent Liberation Army...

It's basic set theory vs practical reality, not all members of the set 'short' are kreepy kids, but all members of the set 'kreepy kids' are short...
 

Oh  I agree, better to be safe than sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

There is also a difference between rl discrimination against black and so called discrimination against child avis.

Rl discrimination is wrong because its based on something you have no control over. Child avi's you do have a choice and you can simply put on an adult body to visit those sims you cant goto as a child avi. We dont need to pander to your choices. You want to make them fine but dont expect everyone else to change how they want to be because of it

Yes, I agree. I don't expect anyone to change in any way shape or form. Everyone should be exactly how they want to be.

If a kid shows up on my property its because they want to be a kid.  I don't say, hey you can stay if you change into an adult form.  I just  land ban them.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is utterly nonsense to be an adult and play a child AVI.  I don't care if you "did't have a childhood",  get therapy because you most definitely need it to be 40 and play a 3 year old.

And no child speaks like most of them do.  It's embarrassing to be around and creepy as hell.  And the entitlement i see from them is unreal.  Its messed up to be a "dad" or 'mom" to them. Why do you need to "play" being a dad or mom to a 40 year old? It's F**king strange.

Grow the hell up and get out of your moms basement and be the 40 year old adult your suppose to be.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PickleflufferButternut Ah no, I might not be exactly kiddy av' friendly' (to put it mildly) but its still Our World Our Imagination (to mangle a little) and they have every right to express themselves as they feel.  Not my cup of tea but then not everyone likes having a 2m5 snow lep spotted dread wearing like me around. Different strokes, naff all to do with your opinion on anyones need for 'therapy'.

Just stay orf mai lawnnnnnn =^^=

13 minutes ago, PickleflufferButternut said:

It is utterly nonsense to be an adult and play a child AVI.  I don't care if you "did't have a childhood",  get therapy because you most definitely need it to be 40 and play a 3 year old.

And no child speaks like most of them do.  It's embarrassing to be around and creepy as hell.  And the entitlement i see from them is unreal.  Its messed up to be a "dad" or 'mom" to them. Why do you need to "play" being a dad or mom to a 40 year old? It's F**king strange.

Grow the hell up and get out of your moms basement and be the 40 year old adult your suppose to be.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

@PickleflufferButternut Ah no, I might not be exactly kiddy av' friendly' (to put it mildly) but its still Our World Our Imagination (to mangle a little) and they have every right to express themselves as they feel.  Not my cup of tea but then not everyone likes having a 2m5 snow lep spotted dread wearing like me around. Different strokes, naff all to do with your opinion on anyones need for 'therapy'.

Just stay orf mai lawnnnnnn =^^=

 

I can say whatever i want and yeah they need therapy. if you want to play a child then your just sick in the head.  You really are. I don't give a rats butt why you want to play a child.  It's messed up and you most def need therpy if you are a 40 year old man running around as a 2 year old little girl.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...