Linden Lab to put millions of US$ into SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

And there you have it. Announced in this blog post today, LL are putting millions into the future development of SL. That should ease the minds of all those who still wonder if SL is doomed once Sansar gets going :)

You sort of DON'T wonder if this announcement was because of all the rumors with Sansar. 'Cause obvs.

23 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Hmmm....  "exciting new grid-wide gaming experience". I wonder if it involves some treasure chests that have been sitting idle for over a year at Havenhurst.

Maybe they are licensing something like Pokemon. No way do I want a bunch of strangers searching for their pokeballs on MY region! :ph34r:

Great news :), but... Nothing new planned to the default system avatar? :(
• Like new detailed mesh with realistic human proportions.
• • bento bones available for the default system avatar too.
• • materials available too.
• • nice basic animation set.
• • nice facial expression animations.

The default "top of the tree" camera location needs to be fixed finally too. Then the near 2.5 meter tall avatars will shockingly realise that they indeed are absurdly tall. xD;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe they are licensing something like Pokemon.

NO!

That was my idea, I was going to sell the Pokémon V-GO concept to Niantic! They can't steal it before I've even had a chance to tell anybody about it!

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

Great news :), but... Nothing new planned to the default system avatar? :(
• Like new detailed mesh with realistic human proportions.
• • bento bones available for the default system avatar too.
• • materials available too.
• • nice basic animation set.
• • nice facial expression animations.

The default "top of the tree" camera location needs to be fixed finally too. Then the near 2.5 meter tall avatars will shockingly realise that they indeed are absurdly tall. xD;)

You never know, Coby. The blog spoke in somewhat general terms. There may be a number of small things that were left out of the blog.

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

You never know, Coby. The blog spoke in somewhat general terms. There may be a number of small things that were left out of the blog.

Here is also texture baking on meshes coming. This will make the default assets more relevant again, and allow creators to layer up their avatars and accessories without adding too much geometry to the avatars. This will also allow the default layering assets to be creatively used on mesh avatars, and in many cases eliminate the need for omega appliers.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2017 at 0:06 PM, Callum Meriman said:

I could really use scripted windlight.

Through an experience narative, or even something simpler like some of the great weather systems - turn it on and the windlight changes to dusty or bristol, then off and the windlight returns to dynamic richness.

The concept of scripted and programmed Windlight is amazing. It would add a new category of destinations and experiences purely for the choreography and production of Windlight as a written or other story progresses. Beautiful stuff :)

• Like 2

Great news and even hearing something for Premium Users, I been in SL for 10 years now and I am actively supporting Second Life as a Premium Member as I love SL that much and want to see LL continue to develop it along side Project Sansar.

Both SL and Project Sansar can live side by side together nether should be killed off. Second Life is my main focus but I don't mind swapping between SL and Sansar having both instead of 1 or the other is great.

Windlight update is also great too ^^

Edited by FurryWolf Rayna

If you want individual finger/toe bones for the system avatar then keep wishing for that alteration. That aside there is little to prevent you from using things like Bento wings, ears, tails and such on a system avatar.

Heck those lovely Bento bones are a part of the system skeleton so what you're really asking for is an update to the system avatar's form to match some of those bones instead of having to use a third party set of hands/feet/head.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.